Computer Game Coward

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Vaporisor #41 Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSoshi_Sone, on 21 March 2017 - 04:00 AM, said:

Coward is a euphemism in games like WOWS, and should be understood as such.  It is usually someone's opinion that someone else isn't being aggressive enough in the game.  Again, not a "real" coward in the definition sense.  But someone who isn't playing aggressive.  And, even then, it's opinion.  Sometimes you might be doing exactly what needs to be done to WIN THE GAME.  Sometimes, that requires running away.  Sometimes it requires outright hiding!  Many games I've won by running away.  Many others by hiding.

I have had many a game won that way.  Seen many more lost by people not doing that.  This game is all about situational awareness.  Most battles, teams split in two.  Rare that either meet up still on level field.  There is no good pushing forward, into a sure death.  Make a firing retreat.  Bait enemy to far edge.

I have had many times where I am turned tail, shooting only a few of my target and moving at a speed to keep em in range.  Is great.  My away and their forward gives me range and as such, hit benefits.  I control cover forcing them to position.  So my one ship?  Holding out three and keeping them from a clear cap.  At which time, my team clears, gets cap and now can move into an ideal position.

Finished off with, as you said, many wins when enemy outguns you, but with a retreat, can run out on points.  Made most clear to me in a me sole survivor, three on red.  I ran away  half way into map with 400 hp left.  I didnt engage at all after that with my CA.  Just kept sneaking caps, hid far away and let time run out.

Devil's advocate is when there is an advantage being pushed but people turn, or island hide letting inferior numbers get ahead.  That one grrs my gears at time.  Notably when my shchors is pushing up while two tier 9s come to full stop behind island cause of an Atago?

That is where I note the cowardice comments comes in.  One doesnt notice the reasons why for movements.  Counter destroyer work is a big one for me.  Team not noticing took out two DDs that were about to get our carrier.  Or when a few ships push well enough to gain control.

Last one is my fave.  Not hiding, juat we killed all he enemies in range.  (See our div's eight kills).  Overall, most peeps who chat the smack I notice often are lower in score, and in wins.  Thosechigher in wins, lower average tier.  Who is the real coward now?

Edited by Vaporisor, 22 March 2017 - 08:10 PM.

DokturProfesur #42 Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

Did somebody say craps?

As a pretty strict BB player since beta, I would like to point out that I think torpedos are fine, HE damage is fine -fire chance and/or fire damage notwithstanding-, carriers are fine, and generally cruiser RoF is fine.

My tendency to think my team will follow me into the jaws of glory, however, is what's wrong.

Sanguedolc3 #43 Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

• Alpha Tester

I uninstalled the game for the 3rd time. You know what they say. Three Strikes and your out. I am not going to play a game where every game I play I see half of my team gone the first 2mins of the game. The losses are getting old and im going to play something else that I can enjoy and feel like my teams giving better effort. So for everyone good luck.

Sanguedolc3 IheartRadio, Spotify,  Apple and many other music apps!

KaptainKaybe #44 Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

People in chat don't generally call out someone for being a coward because they don't want to charge into a half dozen enemy ships by himself. Instead, we call players cowards when they are full health and hiding behind islands (or sniping at max range) while the enemy caps everything in Domination mode. Because that happens a whole freaking lot in this game.

If you've just been reduced to a sliver of health, then please go ahead and run as your death will cost the team points. If you're just sitting there at full health trying not to get noticed while your team is losing, you deserve every bit of cursing and swearing that comes your way.

Vaporisor #45 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

• Members

View PostKaptainKaybe, on 22 March 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

People in chat don't generally call out someone for being a coward because they don't want to charge into a half dozen enemy ships by himself. Instead, we call players cowards when they are full health and hiding behind islands (or sniping at max range) while the enemy caps everything in Domination mode. Because that happens a whole freaking lot in this game.

If you've just been reduced to a sliver of health, then please go ahead and run as your death will cost the team points. If you're just sitting there at full health trying not to get noticed while your team is losing, you deserve every bit of cursing and swearing that comes your way.

Welcome to the Russian way of play.  Certain ships and certain builds facing other configurations are advantaged that way.  If somebody can apply full damage from behind an island?  Then sure as heck I will vs a quick delete.

"You arent helpimg hiding behind an island"

My reply?  "You aren't helping dead"

Yeah, there are times peeps end up in poor spots.  They are over cautious,  The difference between hanging back and hiding.  I find the bigger issue is cocky team mates who want to be gung ho and charge ahead ignoring slower ships, support fire, what the enemy is doing, etc.  So supoort style peeps cannot get a position to attack.

Or you get peeps who see toxic players and deliberately go somewhere else so you can rage and die.  Most every bit of cowardice I see more is caused by peeps not wanting to work with bossy ragers, or cause they watch said lemmings instablap, so they turn around thinking heavy outgunned.

Hiroe #46 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostEugenie_101, on 22 March 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

I prefer a coward to the [edited] who cry YOLO and charge head first into certain death.  A coward might contribute to the team eventually; a buckaroo in spectator mode definitely won't. 

I'd rather have the banzai since he would make the match fun.

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/Qo9xyLR.png' href='http://i.imgur.com/Qo9xyLR.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/Qo9xyLR.png</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/Q...Qo9xyLR.png</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/Q...yLR.png</a></a></a>

"I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and a king of England too." - Elizabeth I of England

Vaporisor #47 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

• Members

View PostHiroe, on 22 March 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

I'd rather have the banzai since he would make the match fun.

I do like it when peeps banzai towards me.  That said, certain ships favor BANZAI!!!!  Only way to Kako.

R_Razor #48 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostSanguedolc3, on 22 March 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

I uninstalled the game for the 3rd time. You know what they say. Three Strikes and your out. I am not going to play a game where every game I play I see half of my team gone the first 2mins of the game. The losses are getting old and im going to play something else that I can enjoy and feel like my teams giving better effort. So for everyone good luck.

But you'll still come to the forums and whine? Seems like a waste of time that could be better spent getting better at whatever game you're moving on to. 

So sayeth the moron:

"I'm not going to take a ban at all. I've invested far too much and have the money for a lawyer if needed and or I would drag WG N/A through small claims and force them to defend restricting access to my account for a system they allow to exist within game. So deal with that. That's the reality of the situation".

Timo_Greenwold #49 Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostFlagellum, on 21 March 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Do you know what average means? Do you have developmental issues?

I have been, thinking this game is team play, no points are given for helping out fellow green players. That bugger hiding behind a island, calling me a coward, to goad me so, he can get some kills. I get the idea now!

Herr_Reitz #50 Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Shoot... I just type "moo moo cow cow" in chat and for the most part that let's me vent enough... normally. My other option is "y u run away?" 

What's SO funny is you don't even need to name anyone, not even call out a ship. The one(s) running away will almost always respond in some manner, trying it seems to justify what they are not doing. Makes me smile every time.

They know who they are and they know they are running away. One plus one equals "moooooo". 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users