Computer Game Coward

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Timo_Greenwold #1 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:00 AM

Seaman

• Members

This is for the ones who call players cowards in game.

* this is a game, not real life

* If there is a bunch of Red ships shooting at me, I turn and go the other way, what is the point of charging them and getting sunk.

* In real life, I help make peoples lives and homes safer, wearing a blue uniform

So,  you can call me chicken or coward, I do not give a crap.

chewonit #2 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostTimo_Greenwold, on 20 March 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

You obviously do. Or you won't start a thread here.

BB's camping is a disease. And Type 93's are the cure.

Kanzler_Bismarck #3 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:05 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View Postchewonit, on 21 March 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Ahhhh... the internet... hahaha

1nc0mp3t3nt_1 #4 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:08 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostTimo_Greenwold, on 21 March 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

* If there is a bunch of Red ships shooting at me, I turn and go the other way, what is the point of charging them and getting sunk.

* In real life, I help make peoples lives and homes safer, wearing a blue uniform

Evidently, craps are given

Airbane425 #5 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:09 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postchewonit, on 20 March 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

Or he really doesn't care that they call him a coward but he's just tired of hearing the same thing over and over. I can see how that would get annoying, especially since a lot of people think they're Admiral Nimitz or something.

taut #6 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:20 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

I'm Admiral Halsey thank you very much.

BigJohnsonLogan #7 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:24 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostTimo_Greenwold, on 21 March 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

I need to see a photo of you in the blue uniform or I do not believe you. And if you didn't care, why did you post this thread ? To tell us you are a blue uniform who doesn't "care" ?

Can I have my five minutes back ?

Battleship_MaineMk1 #8 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Now we are in a tight spot.

We don't want to be mean to a cop, but you still are human, and a human who has raged on the forums.

I think this just sums it up.

View PostKanzler_Bismarck, on 20 March 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Ahhhh... the internet... hahaha

Remember the Maine, Remember the Arizona! #neverforget | I support the USS Maine as a US premium! #GiveMeMaine

Statically speaking...

Formerly Luke_Skywalker01 and Fog_Cruiser_Maine

chewonit #9 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:33 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostFog_Cruiser_Maine, on 20 March 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

We don't want to be mean to a cop, but you still are human, and a human who has raged on the forums.

Cop? Funny I didn't think of that. I thought he's a security since a LEO will just say that and no need to be ambiguous. And most cops around my area wear black uniforms.

Batwingsix #10 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

View Postchewonit, on 20 March 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Cop? Funny I didn't think of that. I thought he's a security since a LEO will just say that and no need to be ambiguous. And most cops around my area wear black uniforms.

Green and tan, all the way. 
Spoiler

KM: Hindenburg / Roon / Tirpitz / Admiral Hipper / Prinz Eugen / Scharnhorst / Yorck / Admiral Graf Spee / Bayern / Konig / T-22 /  Konig Albert / Emden /  RN: Belfast / Leander / Warspite / Danae / Campeltown /  US: Missouri / New Orleans / Pensacola / Indianapolis / Atlanta / Saipan / Sims / Cleveland / Arizona / Farragut / Bogue / Marblehead / New York / Texas / Omaha / Nicholas / Arkansas Beta / Langley / Albany / Smith / IJN: Mogami / Atago / Myoko / Fujin / Kamikaze R / Kamikaze / Iwaki Alpha / Yubari / Ishizuchi / Tachibana / Mikasa / RU: Mikhail Kutuzov / Leningrad / Budyonny / Molotov / Krasny Krym / Gremyashchy / Kirov / Murmansk / Imperiator Nikoli I / Aurora / Diana / Other:  Lo Yang / Blyskawica / Anshan / Dunkerque / Perth / 

Kanzler_Bismarck #11 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:35 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View Postchewonit, on 21 March 2017 - 03:33 AM, said:

Really? Most look black but are very dark blue.

Kanzler_Bismarck #12 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:35 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

>>>This thread is now about police fashion trends

RipNuN2 #13 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:42 AM

Commander

• Members

View Postslak__, on 20 March 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

I'm John Paul Jones and I have not yet begun to fight.

chewonit #14 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:43 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View Postslak__, on 20 March 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

OK. But do you have 13 million US dollars in a Hong Kong investment bank that needs to be transferred out before China confiscates it?

The_Sparrow #15 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:44 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I am going to say that the OP doesn't care and is just giving a PSA to everyone so he doesn't have to keep explaining it.

"Don't be an idiot, changed my life" -Dwight Schrute

USS Alabama will come all is right in the universe.

"The fighter consumable is just a poor-man's defensive fire, hydro, and radar"-Forumist

The_Sparrow #16 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:46 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I mean he hasn't even commented back, I think that shows he doesn't care about the hate.

"Don't be an idiot, changed my life" -Dwight Schrute

USS Alabama will come all is right in the universe.

"The fighter consumable is just a poor-man's defensive fire, hydro, and radar"-Forumist

Battleship_MaineMk1 #17 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostKanzler_Bismarck, on 20 March 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

>>>This thread is now about police fashion trends

​This here is my latest creation! Notice the brass buttons that say "authority". Perfect for a day on the beat!

Remember the Maine, Remember the Arizona! #neverforget | I support the USS Maine as a US premium! #GiveMeMaine

Statically speaking...

TabbyHopkins #18 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:59 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostThe_Sparrow, on 20 March 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

I am going to say that the OP doesn't care and is just giving a PSA to everyone so he doesn't have to keep explaining it.

But that is still him caring.

Top 5 favorite ships to play: 1)Arkansas Beta 2) Scharnhorst 3) Belfast 4) Senjo 5) Imperator Nikolai I (Bonus) Dunkerque

*Official Brick thrower* "I always see you everwhere asking for stuff,... You're like a hobo-ninja 0.0" - Abyssal_Flaggship

Soshi_Sone #19 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Coward is a euphemism in games like WOWS, and should be understood as such.  It is usually someone's opinion that someone else isn't being aggressive enough in the game.  Again, not a "real" coward in the definition sense.  But someone who isn't playing aggressive.  And, even then, it's opinion.  Sometimes you might be doing exactly what needs to be done to WIN THE GAME.  Sometimes, that requires running away.  Sometimes it requires outright hiding!  Many games I've won by running away.  Many others by hiding.

I was called out once for being the sole survivor at the map edge only to get an apology when the player calling me out realized all I had to do was sit there and let time run out for the win...against FIVE opponents.  Do what you gotta do to win, and don't let the salt affect you.  If you know what you're doing, they are just expressing frustration that you aren't doing what THEY expect you to do.  On the flip side, if several players are getting on to you for failing to be "in the game", then do some introspection...they might be right.  Could be wrong too.  So do what you gotta do...and be introspective as needed.

Above all, don't take things too literally...and even have some fun.

Battleship_MaineMk1 #20 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostSoshi_Sone, on 20 March 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

Coward is a euphemism in games like WOWS, and should be understood as such.  It is usually someone's opinion that someone else isn't being aggressive enough in the game.  Again, not a "real" coward in the definition sense.  But someone who isn't playing aggressive.  And, even then, it's opinion.  Sometimes you might be doing exactly what needs to be done to WIN THE GAME.  Sometimes, that requires running away.  Sometimes it requires outright hiding!  Many games I've won by running away.  Many others by hiding.

I was called out once for being the sole survivor at the map edge only to get an apology when the player calling me out realized all I had to do was sit there and let time run out for the win...against FIVE opponents.  Do what you gotta do to win, and don't let the salt affect you.  If you know what you're doing, they are just expressing frustration that you aren't doing what THEY expect you to do.  On the flip side, if several players are getting on to you for failing to be "in the game", then do some introspection...they might be right.  Could be wrong too.  So do what you gotta do...and be introspective as needed.

Above all, don't take things too literally...and even have some fun.

Exception to the rule, there are 4 BB's left in game with full health, and one half health dd on the enemy team, and the BB team is close to winning. They run cause they are all fearful of torps and they all die. That honestly is what I think the OP is getting at, but most don't know the difference between your factual statement and his emotional position.

Statically speaking...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users