Prohibit stock ships from entering ranked

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Silvercoins #21 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostFayFay731, on 20 March 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

I am sure that many people hate seeing that stock Colorado on their team, especially during this ranked season. WG please do us a favor next time and prohibit players from entering battle using completely stock ships. This isn't for my sake, but for the players themselves, it helps the team and the player himself/herself if they don't get deleted in their stock Nagato or whatever. This would at least teach people to learn how to play their ship if they can't enter a ranked battle stock while earning experience to upgrade their ship. If this happens, I am sure the weeping player base that emerged from this season of ranked will be relieved if this happened.

-FayFay731

http://na.warshipsto...72361/light.png

How about letting people play the game the way they want with what they have? Your just whining and crying because you can't have everything your way.

Edited by Silvercoins, 21 March 2017 - 01:50 AM.

tugdual #22 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:52 AM

Seaman

• Members

Prohibit torpedoe.

Fog_Cruiser_Maine #23 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:02 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I carried a game in my Stock Pensacola on my first battle and got my first victory, and got two kills and did 35k damage. 

Your point is invalid.

Remember the Maine, Remember the Arizona! #neverforget | I support the USS Maine as a US premium! #GiveMeMaine

Statically speaking...

Formerly Luke_Skywalker01

Tomtat #24 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

Seaman

• Members

I'd rather have the starting point at tier 6 and skip tier 7 the Col is a poor ship to be win a match with against cruisers and destroyers and way faster german and Japanese battleships.

Or give us a choice What tier ship we want to use to battle. if players want to use tier 6 New Mexico to start at rank 15 let them.

Thanks for you time .

Brian P.

khaenn35 #25 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

Got two high calibers back to back in a stock Colorado some time before.
What say you?

Official Forum Elite Admiral  o7 

Good luck, Captains! May the winds blow in your favour, and may your shells fly straight and true!

If you see me in a game, cover your eyes and ears cos I'm gonna suck. In fact, run like hell and hope we lose honorably. And burn your eyes after seeing my stats. 

#DetonateJingles

Chrifister #26 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I feel they should prohibit premiums in ranked. Most premium ships are much better than their free counterparts.

If you want to rank player skill, win rate is not the way to do it. There is an exception though. Why not have selectable ships to play in ranked? The same ships for everybody, including premiums even if you don't own them. No customizations. Everybody has the same selection of fully upgraded ships. WG could decide how to set each ship up with flags and upgrades. Then everybody has the same set of tools to play with.

tugdual #27 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostChrifister, on 21 March 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

I feel they should prohibit premiums in ranked. Most premium ships are much better than their free counterparts.

If you want to rank player skill, win rate is not the way to do it. There is an exception though. Why not have selectable ships to play in ranked? The same ships for everybody, including premiums even if you don't own them. No customizations. Everybody has the same selection of fully upgraded ships. WG could decide how to set each ship up with flags and upgrades. Then everybody has the same set of tools to play with.

I don't think, premium are realy powercreep, he just only way to have radar in T7, because radar is "magic" weapon againts smoke. The true problem is lot of player don't know use smoke and know the importance of vision control.

Vision control is in two part, offensive and defensive. The defensive part is smoking to hide a ship spot by a main fleet, and hunting a isolated spoter.  The offensive is (on game without CV) is use a DD of your team to pass on side of ennemy team for spot they.  Is basic version of explication, but is main tactics to win a smoke battle.

If you win a vision control, you take the iniative, use to move in favorable position for crossed firing, surprized ennemy ship, sneaky caps, ...

I use a myoko in ranked, my main problem is losing a vision control because my team is scared on smoke, after i can devast roastbeef  cruiser at 14km with 203mm AP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users