What Would You Change About This Game Right Now?

Bacon

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Silvercoins #81 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I would suggest that WG do away with the two tier matches. Having a one tier difference makes for a more balanced game. Something should be done not to allow divisions in a match with a ship that is not compatible to the two tier system. As for smoke the only ones to have smoke should be DD's. Stop messing with the DD's by reducing their capabilities of defense. I would also like to see the mm be more equal. I mean that it seems like one side has more premium ships than the other.

What I would really like to see is players stop the whining and crying about other players. Not everyone is a pro that you may think you are.

taut #82 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View Postyashma, on 20 March 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

I can't help but be a little alarmed at the sheer number of suggestions that involving heavily nerfing or removing something.....

View PostSonoskay, on 20 March 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Man am i glad none of us how the power to make these changes, So many of us would ruin the game pretty hard i think. XD

Yup....

Not sure if I feel like WG has done so hot as of late with whatever brainstorming they do.

If anything, I have said this multiple times on here, I would be happy if WG rolled back every nerf and buff to the end of OBT and gave it another go in regards to balance/mechanics/everything else. Leave the new boats in place, the new UI, the new..new stuff and take another crack at it...

But that's just me, I will still play this game and I will still enjoy it. I will support with my wallet, I'm about to buy a 365 Premium as mine is inside of 90 Days. I'll do this full well knowing I will play little.

Sonoskay #83 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

View Postslak__, on 20 March 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Not sure if I feel like WG has done so hot as of late with whatever brainstorming they do.

If anything, I have said this multiple times on here, I would be happy if WG rolled back every nerf and buff to the end of OBT and gave it another go in regards to balance/mechanics/everything else. Leave the new boats in place, the new UI, the new..new stuff and take another crack at it...

But that's just me, I will still play this game and I will still enjoy it. I will support with my wallet, I'm about to buy a 365 Premium as mine is inside of 90 Days. I'll do this full well knowing I will play little.

Its not the balance changes that i object to most, though i generaly think we have a pretty good balanced game as is.

What bothers me is the grand sweeping changes  Some of the changes some have sudgested  would mean an entirely different game.   I suppose thats fine if you dont liek this game, but iw ould hope everyone on the forums like the game, otherwise. why are you here?

Check me out on the youtube! I put out a new video this week.

MoEagles #84 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:47 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

1 = Fix radar, sonar

2 = Torp planes spread needs dispersion due to AA fire

3 = Destroyed ships need to keep moving due to momentum

giovybez #85 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:52 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

My consolidated ships wish list:

1. Atlanta - better rudder, 8km torps

2. Benson, Fletcher - slightly flatter arcs, just a touch

3. All CVs - remove from the game, they ruin BB fun they ruin DD fun they ruin each other's fun. You ever seen how happy players get when there are no cvs in the match?

4. Schores - armor buff, desperately needs an armor buff.

5. Aki - better rudder, higher chance of penetrations OR higher chance to start fires. (because doing 0 damage after putting 188 shells into a Yammy is unacceptable)

6. Kiev, Tash - 8ish km base detection

7. Emerald - *sigh* take it out back and put it out of it's misery, then back to the drawing board.

8. Belfast - nerf

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #86 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

What's really disconcerting is the large number of changes people would apparently do which focus entirely around breaking carriers and destroyers as much as possible.

I mean I'm not surprised, but it certainly isn't great.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo, 21 March 2017 - 02:57 AM.

Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.
So, as I pray-- Unlimited Torpedo Works

taut #87 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:14 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 20 March 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

What's really disconcerting is the large number of changes people would apparently do which focus entirely around breaking carriers and destroyers as much as possible.

I mean I'm not surprised, but it certainly isn't great.

i just don't want the default play style for Destroyers to be spamming HE from smoke. A DD in smoke is not a DD, It's not spotting, or pushing, it won't screen torps.  CVs already have parts and pieces falling off everywhere, WG just sweeps them up every once in a while.

Kanzler_Bismarck #88 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:14 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

1-Remove smoke from CAs. The game was never balanced with this... it's as silly as my beloved Bismarck's sonar.
2-Remove the National Flavor horesey poopoo
3-Stop progress on the practically non existent and uninteresting Soviet branch until the British and Italians (Nations that actually had navies in this time period)... Hell, maybe even the Greeks (#Averof!)...are done.

4-Make CVs playable so all those little guns on my ships have something to do.

lron_Dog_of_Jutland #89 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:23 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

1) push the hilarious T4 Kaiser model back as deep as you can into the dark Brady hole someone really stupid pulled it out of. Ah yea and create a proper one instead.

2) Make the Long Lance Torpedo THE Torpedo with approx double the range, best speed and highest damage in the game

3) more dreadnought era ships! Axe the T4 carriers and move them into a special CV training mode. And have T3 and T4 for real ship vs ship battles - like a JUTLAND setting.

4) kill all the fantasy crap. Take the ships as they were and balance them accordingly. Right now these fantasy navies are going overboard.

Punisher_1 #90 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:27 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

1. Remove some of the spotting mechanics because they are just f"n silly. 

2. Adjust Armor values and ship abilities to exact spec giving advantages and disadvantages to each ship class and not the limited or boosted junk we get in this game.

3. Make all guns function as they should for all classes of ships. The maps will have to be expanded but this totally changes game play and moves the peg slightly closer to realistic.

Spartan036 #91 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:09 AM

Seaman

• Members

I just want to change that open fire in smoke cannot be detected.

I will give trop much more damage, and longer range and then, make DDs easier to detected, redo the detect system.

the detect range should depend on how high the ship is, so actually BB have better view, than CA, than DD, but I will nerf the aiming of all ships,

BrushWolf #92 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostSilvercoins, on 20 March 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

I would suggest that WG do away with the two tier matches. Having a one tier difference makes for a more balanced game. Something should be done not to allow divisions in a match with a ship that is not compatible to the two tier system. As for smoke the only ones to have smoke should be DD's. Stop messing with the DD's by reducing their capabilities of defense. I would also like to see the mm be more equal. I mean that it seems like one side has more premium ships than the other.

What I would really like to see is players stop the whining and crying about other players. Not everyone is a pro that you may think you are.

I disagree, changing the tier spread will have unintentional effects, strong ships will become even stronger and weak ships become even weaker, both because they will never be top tier in a three tier match.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

Eisennagel #93 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

I would:

Normalize the AP/HE damage values of German cruisers.  HE damage will be raised by 500 points, and AP damage reduced by the same amount.

Torpedo values will follow the old standard of 20+ knots.  Germans standardize on a 8 km, 60 knot torpedo including Graf Spee and German destroyers.  German destroyer gun bloom will be greatly reduced.

I will overhaul the Russian destroyer line by changing the lineup, T5 Gnevny, T6 Ognevoi, T7 Leningrad, T8 Skoryy, T9 Tashkent, T10 Neustrashimy.  As you can see, all these are real ships, the paper ships are removed.  They will get 8km torpedoes but some destroyers will get their RoF reduced to 9 rpm instead of 12.   

Project 26bis2 (Kaganovich or Kalinin) replaces Budyonny at Tier 6.

British cruiser line gets normal AP, normal HE.  Will remove smoke for all cruisers.

All torpedoes will be removed for all battleships.  Scharnhorst loses her torpedoes but gains better penetration and lower dispersion on her 11" guns.  Gneisenau gets 11" guns in her A model.  Tirpitz loses torpedoes but gains lower dispersion.  Bismarck loses her extra secondaries range in exchange for lower dispersion.  Will compensate for the Mutsu as well.

USN national trait will be carrier dominance.  Will fix carriers, especially USN carriers.

IJN national trait will be Long Lances.  Make IJN torpedoes great again.

Mogami's 155mm turrets gets their 30 second rotation back.

All IJN 203mm will be standardized to what you see on the Myoko's, rate of fire (4.3) and turret traverse (4 degs/sec).

New paper ship Tier 6 USN cruiser replaces Cleveland, which will be up tiered in a second USN cruiser tree.

Aoba loses her RoF and is redone into Tier 5 premium.  Tier 6 IJN heavy cruiser will be a paper ship, maybe something in the archives that has 8 x 8" guns.

My overall theme is consistency first and above all, before flavors.  

Edited by Eisennagel, 21 March 2017 - 03:07 PM.

chaoqwe #94 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

1. Balance CV of two nations. 

2. Buff T7 T8 US CA

3. Stop introducing OP premiums like Belfast (I have it, I like it, and it's too OP and unfair)

4. At least Buff Kagero if not Yugumo or Shima.

5. German DD need some more armor or longer smoke.

6. Redo Epicenter and fit them in new maps specifically designed for this mode. Epicenter + Tear of Desert = pain

7. Remove standard battle for T9 and T10 to avoid games where all ships shoot at 20km range, they need a reason to fight. (Had several such games that ran 20 min and both sides were complaining)

8. Nerf T8 T9 T10 Soviet DD not including grozovoi. I run Tash and Uda now and I know that when I'm 12km away and shooting nothing can hit me.

9. Buff Shinonome's gun range. 9km really?

Edited by chaoqwe, 21 March 2017 - 03:28 PM.

awiggin #95 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

So many people here want to change the game to their liking, rather than recognize the game only exists due to the great unwashed horde. :facepalm:

This is who WG is going to cater too, and it's unlikely to change.

Situational awareness standard? Check.

CE to 4 points. Check.

RDF? Check.

Nerf steathfire? Check.

Remove manual controls for lower level CV's? Check.

This is the future kids, embrace it....:trollface:

Edited by awiggin, 21 March 2017 - 04:34 PM.

Apaosha #96 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

If you completely removed smoke from the game, that would be pointless,  In reality Destroyers had smoke during the war.  But it wasn't from firing out smoke grenades or anything like that, they had to run their engines up as fast and hard as they could to provide them a black smoke screen for cover and retreat.  Some cruisers had this capability as well.  So the simple fact of removing smoke yea I don't think that's going to happen.

Eisennagel #97 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostCRAZY8S_, on 22 March 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

If you completely removed smoke from the game, that would be pointless,  In reality Destroyers had smoke during the war.  But it wasn't from firing out smoke grenades or anything like that, they had to run their engines up as fast and hard as they could to provide them a black smoke screen for cover and retreat.  Some cruisers had this capability as well.  So the simple fact of removing smoke yea I don't think that's going to happen.

In reality, any ship that can throw oil into its boilers can create smoke.  That includes battleships and carriers.

You don't need to run their engines fast and hard.  Just throw oil.

Delta7Xx #98 Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

buff japanese destroyers torpedo visibility and gun performance, change match making for a maximum of one tier spread, and maybe do something about the infuriating 0 damage penetrating hits. no, it's not a game mechanic, it's a glitch. i shouldn't pump 15 shells into an enemy destroyer at point blank range, get 15 penetrations and 0 damage. needless to say, i was torpedoed and died.

if players really, really [edited]hate stealth torping, then run something with sonar, but for the love of god, please un-nerf japanese destroyers. aircraft, hydro acoustic search, other destroyers, even battleships who know how to turn... all of them are hard counters for japanese destroyers.

Edited by Delta7Xx, 25 March 2017 - 07:24 AM.

proof that win rate is inversely proportional to how good you are at the game

jason199506 #99 Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

remove BB's ability to 360degrees citadel cruisers

remove overmatch mechanism,actually calculate penetration of each ap shell

CLUCH_CARGO #100 Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

#1 Remove Chat Entirely (The Filth is getting out of hand)

#2 Replays (No Mods In game activation and Player)

#3 I Win Always ( not really would become boring)

#3a Put a forums Tab In Port

Also tagged with Bacon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users