Maybe removing invisifire will shake up high tier gameplay.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Canadatron #21 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I know I'll be 110% torpedoboatin in Fletcher and everything else that can in high tiers. Stealth shooting wasn't the problem it was made to be for all the ships that could employ the tactic but it's going bye bye just the same. You know reactions being equal and opposite and all that fun stuff, don't expect this to be the only change that happens due to invisifiring being removed is all. 
-={FOG}=- Community Member

SweetRollThief #22 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Open water stealth firing isnt the major problem at tier 10, lack of CV players is. Without the threat of a CV strike, BBs can full stop bow in to the enemy. Camp and smoke meta sets in. Also, AA cruisers and AA builds are not needed. DDs have much easier time avoiding detection and the best counter to the current king of tier 10 (Khab) is a CV strike.

The reason tier ten is all BB and RU DD is a lack of CVs. 

h_balck #23 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

The most affected will be IJN DD's.  So except far more torp spam and less gun play.  It will have the opposite effect.  Things will be far more static.

Tzarevitch #24 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Invisifire is a separate problem from high-tier camping. It still needed to go however.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #25 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

It's just another scapegoat nerf to destroyers at the hands of battleships, when the overabundance of battleships is the problem in all tiers.

Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

AP is the ship-killer. AP is the heavy death that brings total obliteration. I will face their AP. I will permit it to pass over me and bounce from me. And when it has passed, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the AP has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain. 

dngrcnnn #26 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I only really play Tier 10 now(because the ships are by far the most fun), and invisi-fire isn't even remotely something to worry about. Bad Zao players do it, unless it's an end of the game low ship numbers standoff. The Minotaur can do it with reasonable success in certain situations, but it's far from the most optimal use of a Minotaur. US/IJN DDs do it on occasion. None of those things have the slightest real impact on the game play, minus the rare games with an Akizuki. No one is running around with a DM sitting at 16.5+ with any regular success.

Stealth-fire, outside of the Zao and Akizuki, is a complete non-issue in the vast majority of games for any team with a modicum of skill. It will probably just mean more accurate torps in the water. Where some people were content to sit at 10km shooting before, now they close in to 6-7km, drop torps, smoke, and shoot from there. And bad BBs will still get shreked and come to the forums exclaiming that the game is broken and DDs need to be nerfed again because they're actually a really good player and sure they may have a 45% winrate but trust them they're really good and you're just a stupid stats elitist for thinking their stats mean anything. So then the game gets dumbed down even more, and we rinse and repeat.

comtedumas #27 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postslak__, on 20 March 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

It just is what it is, removing Invisi fire isn't drastic enough to change the "meta". I honestly don't think there is anything terribly wrong with high tier play, tho I don't play it all that often.

And why, exactly, don't you play it that often?

renegadestatuz #28 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostTheDreadnought, on 20 March 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

I think you're flat out wrong on the enjoyability of high tier play.  But let's see what people think.  Maybe I'm alone in feeling this way.  But I don't think so.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/119386-do-you-enjoy-high-tier-gameplay-as-it-exists-today/

I love high tier play.

dark.png

squidage #29 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

the only ship i think that TRUELY abused invisa fire mech was the akizuki and MAN how i loved to abuse it
dark.png

Cruiser_Chicago #30 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

This probably won't change anything since very few ships relied completely on stealth fire. However, if you take away all DDs' ability to stealth fire, then expect less puny shells flying your way and more torpedo soup plus shooting from smoke spam instead.

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago, 20 March 2017 - 10:40 PM.

TalonV #31 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
  • Beta Testers

At tier 8 there are only what 3 ships that rely on stealth firing. Zao(kinda) Akzuki, and Gearing.

Other than that a few other ships can do it, like my Des Moines at long LONG ranges can pull it off, but it hardly works.

Won't change much in the end.

​This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. In war you

never want to fight fair. You want to sneak up behind

the enemy, and bash him over the head.

slak__ #32 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View Postcomtedumas, on 20 March 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

And why, exactly, don't you play it that often?

View Postslak__, on 20 March 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Yes and no.

I haven't been playing enough to feel comfortable at high tiers, that's my reason.

But maybe high tiers should be less "fun", the higher the tier the more skilled you should be in theory. The more stressful it will be for the less skilled and likely less fun. 

T10 should be for serious play imo, it should be where high skilled players go to shoot at each other...

Estimated_Prophet #33 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

Commander

• Members

View Postslak__, on 20 March 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

T10 should be for serious play imo, it should be where high skilled players go to shoot at each other...

Then let T10s fight ONLY other T10s and leave the rest of us out of their end-game frolicking.

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

aAkula #34 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Normally the people who complain about T10, don't even play high tier. 

Stealth firing is not an issue at high tier, don't talk about something you know nothing about. 

Give me the opportunity and i shall steal your kills and damage.

_Fantomex_ #35 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:54 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Oh boy, no more stealth firing Zao's every 1 in 10 games for a whole two salvos! All my problems are solved! /s

IJN: Yubari, Ishizuchi, Kamikaze, Shinonome, Nagato, Amagi, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Shokaku, Atago, Taiho, Zao, Shimakaze
USN: Texas, Arizona, Independence, Mahan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Missouri, Montana
KMS: Emden, V-25, Graf Spee, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst,
 Bismarck, Friedrich der Grobe

VMF: Schors, Molotov, Tashkent          RN: Warspite, Belfast, Fiji, Neptune, Minotaur           Pan Asian: Lo Yang          ORP: Blyskawica

Canadatron #36 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:04 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Post_Fantomex_, on 20 March 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Oh boy, no more stealth firing Zao's every 1 in 10 games for a whole two salvos! All my problems are solved! /s

Hooray! The game is saved!!! Lol.

-={FOG}=- Community Member

HazeGrayUnderway #37 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Invisifire isn't the problem at high tier.  It's all around Range, Power, and Accuracy.

crzyhawk #38 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

Vice Admiral

• Supertester
  • Beta Testers

Invisifire is an annoyance, nothing more.  High tier game play will remain stale because the price for mistakes is too high at T10.  Players hide because they're scared.

Taichunger #39 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostSweetRollThief, on 21 March 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

Open water stealth firing isnt the major problem at tier 10, lack of CV players is. Without the threat of a CV strike, BBs can full stop bow in to the enemy. Camp and smoke meta sets in. Also, AA cruisers and AA builds are not needed. DDs have much easier time avoiding detection and the best counter to the current king of tier 10 (Khab) is a CV strike.

The reason tier ten is all BB and RU DD is a lack of CVs. 

Naw, lack of CVs is good. The presence of CVs helps feed the collapses that are common in high tiers. Without CVs there's actually a chance that a high tier match will go down to the wire. I had two like that yesterday, and neither had a CV. Good games are really rare in the high tiers, and I savor them. 

The real problem won't go away: all high tier ships are glass cannons and can murder each other in a minute. Anyone who pushes up is quickly annihilated by skilled players putting down huge volumes of fire. It has only gotten worse with the addition of the ridiculous Minotaur, whose smoke should be removed, and of course the upgrades to the Khab, which obviously needed to be more OP, since it was Russian. 

The solution to better high tier matches is to either (1) reduce the volume of fire -- remove the BB 26 second reload module and make them all minimally 30 seconds, for example, or (2) increase damage resistance -- for example, fire resistance needs an across the board buff, and the number of fires on BBs should be limited to 2, and all other ships, to 1.  WG won't do that because they would rather have dead ships than good matches.

That is just the way it is. 

Edited by Taichunger, 20 March 2017 - 11:44 PM.

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) End split spawn maps 

TalonV #40 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:52 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
  • Beta Testers

View Postcrzyhawk, on 20 March 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Invisifire is an annoyance, nothing more.  High tier game play will remain stale because the price for mistakes is too high at T10.  Players hide because they're scared.

When you play a Des Moines, damn right you play scared. How you live longer.

​This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. In war you

never want to fight fair. You want to sneak up behind

the enemy, and bash him over the head.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users