Should match making be switched to 1 tier up and 1 tier down?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

CRAZY8S_ #1 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

In many many many games I see a lot of players complaining about match making.  Right now as match making stands it is two tiers up and two tiers down.  So for example if you are a tier two, you may get in a mix of tier 1 to tier five.  If you are a tier five you may get a mix of tier three to tier seven.  

If you are a tier seven, you may wind up getting a tier five to eight, or match making will simply hate you and put you into a tier seven to tier ten match.  I've seen many complaints about it in the game chat itself.  Yes I understand what all of you are complaining about it's frustrating.  It's really frustrating. 

But it could be worse,  I can remember back when they didn't have a designation for number of tiers to be in match especially if you were in a division.  I went into a division with some friends they wanted to run higher tiers.  I said ok, but at the time I only had lower tiers.  I still held my own okay.

But none the less, now you can't do that anymore.  But the problem is if you have an unskilled player that is not ready for the higher tier matches even at a tier seven.  They are just going to get well WRECKED.  Been there done that myself.  Even with a scale of one tier up and down there can still be plenty of ships in that same game.

I think wargaming should at least try the 1 tier variance with the game, it would probably make a lot of players happier in the end.  I probably wouldn't be seeing "OH MATCH MAKING SCREWED ME" again in game chats.  But at least match making is better now than it use to be.  What does everybody else think?

Lord_Zath #2 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:10 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

That'd be nice.

issm #3 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:12 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

No.

Narrow down the possible population too much and the game becomes bring.

Yamato  Montana  Zao  Hindenburg  DesMoines  Moskva  Shimakaze  Gearing     

Taiho  Missouri  Bismarck  Akizuki  Fiji  Tashkent  Udaloi

Got a problem with the game? Don't pay WG, and tell them why.

Mandatory Introductory Reading to the Internet

RivertheRoyal #4 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I think the +/-2 MM right now is fine, besides the mess that is T5 and 6. That's really the part that needs fixing. 
River's Guide on Writing a Good Post—Required reading for some.
I assume I'm wrong until proven right. Doesn't mean I'm always wrong though. Cause, I'm very good at proving myself right.
Have a tiny Ryuujou.

Taichunger #5 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

Commander

• Members

Yes. There is absolutely no reason why if there are 8-10,000 people on the server, they can't switch to +/-1 tier. People have long been wanting it. 

It would also solve the problem of the way WG screwed over T5 and T6, probably the two most fun tiers before. Really sad. All my T6 ships rust in port, and I don't buy T5-6 premiums. Stupid decision....

Meanwhile the devs waste time on stuff people never asked for. Just sucks. Really past time for +/-1 tier.

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) End split spawn maps 

Taichunger #6 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:15 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 20 March 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

I think the +/-2 MM right now is fine, besides the mess that is T5 and 6. That's really the part that needs fixing. 

+/-1 tier would fix that problem. Then all tiers would essentially be T5-6.

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) End split spawn maps 

comtedumas #7 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Yes, it should be +/- 1.  

comtedumas #8 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postissm, on 20 March 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

No.

Narrow down the possible population too much and the game becomes bring.

you can always go play pong if you don't like +/-1.  

Nyachi #9 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:29 AM

Vice Admiral

• Beta Testers

Fine how it is imo

Newest video- A Journey Into The Salt Mines - Episode 5: Ranked Rage

https://www.youtube....h?v=GHdUA39cX6M

ArIskandir #10 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Yes, easy mode for everyone pls. Also, the game needs an autoaim feature cuz it is too darn difficult to aim... and homing torps too pls.

Edited by ArIskandir, 20 March 2017 - 12:32 AM.

m373x #11 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:37 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

No. People will complain even at +/-0. 

Wulfgarn #12 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

I totally agree! 

I've said this for a long time, but i had a recent discussion on this today. I'd like to throw "my discussion" from this thread and the feedback it received..

http://forum.worldof...13#entry2884113

Highest. CV USN Independence BB USN Colorado CA USN New Orleans GER Yorck  RN Leander DD USN Gearing IJN Shimakaze VMF Khab

Premium. Kamikaze R. Blyskawica. Leningrad. Belfast. Graf Spee.. THANKS SANTAKonig Albert. Ishizuchi. Marblehead. Texas. Arizona. Sims. Atlanta. Indianapolis. Kutuzov. Tirpitz. Gremyashchy. Murmansk. Molotov. Prinz Eugen. Scharnhorst. Warspite. Anshan. Lo Yang
Intel I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz . GTX 750 Ti (Max settings). 16 GB Ram . Win 7 Pro 64-bit . SSD 120GB (OS only) . SSD 250GB (Gaming) . Mechanical 2TB (Storage)

Soshi_Sone #13 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:49 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I think it's fine.  A bit of a challenge to get top score when bottom tiered -2.  Of course, that's not "expected".  The real challenge is to figure out how to contribute to the TEAM when you are low tier.  Getting a good score is a bonus.

And when top tier, there is an EXPECTATION to do well.  In some regards, the latter is more "pressure" than the former.

ckupf #14 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

No.

<- there I fixed everything your wrote after the title.

Zim_Xero #15 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

NO

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Podvoisky   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Arizona   Anshan   Leander   Dunkerque   Graf Spee

Tier VII - Blyskawica   Gneisenau   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Maass   Shiratsuyu   Belfast   Minsk

Tier VIII+ - Atago   Udaloi   Ognevoi   Tashkent   Z-46   Shokaku   Khabarovsk

Macabe #16 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:57 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

I see no reason to.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

World of Warships Forum Cat. Pet at own risk.

Nyachi #17 Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

Vice Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostArIskandir, on 19 March 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yes, easy mode for everyone pls. Also, the game needs an autoaim feature cuz it is too darn difficult to aim... and homing torps too pls.

homing AP and HE rounds, 200% fire chance

Newest video- A Journey Into The Salt Mines - Episode 5: Ranked Rage

https://www.youtube....h?v=GHdUA39cX6M

GhostSwordsman #18 Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:22 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 19 March 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

I've said it before, +/-1 MM is what got us into the T5 and T6 match making mess we currently have(+/-1 MM is basically what the 'protected MM' is for tiers 3 and 4, on top of that, T1 can't see anything higher, so T2 has a +1/-0MM), and making it so at all other tiers will not get us out of it.

warships.today stats    Wargaming.net WoWs profile overview

~You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream, Like thoughts become a river stream, Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time, To the path, -yours to claim~Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade, Now a white, ivory throne beckons, So obtain the fate you sow, On this path, be weary, friend and foe~ - "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" English Cover - by Amalee

comtedumas #19 Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostCRAZY8S_, on 20 March 2017 - 12:05 AM, said:

In many many many games I see a lot of players complaining about match making.  Right now as match making stands it is two tiers up and two tiers down.  So for example if you are a tier two, you may get in a mix of tier 1 to tier five.  If you are a tier five you may get a mix of tier three to tier seven.  

If you are a tier seven, you may wind up getting a tier five to eight, or match making will simply hate you and put you into a tier seven to tier ten match.  I've seen many complaints about it in the game chat itself.  Yes I understand what all of you are complaining about it's frustrating.  It's really frustrating. 

But it could be worse,  I can remember back when they didn't have a designation for number of tiers to be in match especially if you were in a division.  I went into a division with some friends they wanted to run higher tiers.  I said ok, but at the time I only had lower tiers.  I still held my own okay.

But none the less, now you can't do that anymore.  But the problem is if you have an unskilled player that is not ready for the higher tier matches even at a tier seven.  They are just going to get well WRECKED.  Been there done that myself.  Even with a scale of one tier up and down there can still be plenty of ships in that same game.

I think wargaming should at least try the 1 tier variance with the game, it would probably make a lot of players happier in the end.  I probably wouldn't be seeing "OH MATCH MAKING SCREWED ME" again in game chats.  But at least match making is better now than it use to be.  What does everybody else think?

I had a match the other day, was me in a Texas, the other side had a Texas, and everybody else was Tier VII.  I couldn't even get in range to shoot at anyone.  It wasn't fair to me or the other Texas.  Seems you are getting a bunch of people who want to claim "elite" status as long as they can pick on lesser Tiers to bolster their claim.

TalonV #20 Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:25 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
  • Beta Testers

Narrow it down, watch a whole heap of ships get the nerf hammer. Not the bat full up hammer. Cause in tanks last time they did a narrowing of the tiers, Multiple vehicles got rebalanced and or nerfed. Su-85 lost the 107, KV got split entirely into 2 separate tanks the KV-1 and KV2. SU-100 lost the top gun. SU-152 lost the BL10, few other tanks and TDs in that game got majorly changed.

Same would happen in ships, just you watch.

​This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. In war you

never want to fight fair. You want to sneak up behind

the enemy, and bash him over the head.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users