The USS Olympia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kitsunelegend #1 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Been thinking of visiting the old gal in May or June depending on the weather, so was wondering if anyone who HAS been there already could give me some info on what to expect? Like interior sizes, stair steepness, accessibility ect. Mostly because I'm planning on taking my grandfather as well, who is really looking forward to visiting the ship, but I wanted to make sure he'll have an easier time getting around and stuff.

Mind you though, this 86 year old guy is in arguably better shape than I am atm...he swims, goes for walks daily, has fallen off a bike about 2 years ago and got up like nothing happened (aside from some minor scrapes from hitting tarmac) so being wheelchair accessible is not a worry lol 

I will be posting pictures though when I come back. So expect some awesome shots. :)

I is potato incarnate. I taste good with bacon. Fear my potato-yness! >=D

Bacon and coffee pleases teh kitsune -w- 

[Battleships:] Mikasa, South Carolina, Ishizuchi, Arkansas BetaImperator Nikolai I, TexasWarspite, Arizona, New Mexico, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, North Carolina, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Iowa [Cruisers:] Erie, Albany, Emden, Aurora, Oleg, St Louis, KatoriYubari, Konigsburg, Marblehead, Omaha, Murmansk, ClevelandMolotov, Atlanta, Atago, Indianapolis, Mikhail Kutuzov [Carriers:] Saipan [Destroyers:] Tachibana, SmithWickes, Clemson, Isokaze, Lo YangCampbeltownBlyskawicaSimsAnshan Arpeggio ships: ARP Kongou, ARP Kirishima, ARP Hiei, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao

Amazing avatar courtesy of LittleWhiteMouse 

RipNuN2 #2 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

Commander

• Members

Cool, I've never been and will look forward to any pics you post. 

the_majestic_eagle #3 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I wouldn't mind having her in game tbh, I like the designs for the US's "great white fleet", old but stylish 

Kingfishercritic #4 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:06 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

She is a beautiful vessel, and I've visited her many times. I highly reccomend the Independence Seaport Museum as a whole. Be sure to check out the submarine USS Becuna while you are there as well.

Pushing means fewer casualties. I want you all to remember that.- George S. Patton

They treat me like a fox, a cunning fellow (Schlaukopf) of the first rank. But the truth is that with a gentleman I am always a gentleman and a half, and when I have to do with a pirate, I try to be a pirate and a half.-Otto von Bismark

Kitsunelegend #5 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:12 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostKingfishercritic, on 19 March 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

She is a beautiful vessel, and I've visited her many times. I highly reccomend the Independence Seaport Museum as a whole. Be sure to check out the submarine USS Becuna while you are there as well.

I do plan on checking everything out while I'm there, including maybe even the USS new Jersey if I have time and weather permitting. :)

View Postthe_majestic_eagle, on 19 March 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind having her in game tbh, I like the designs for the US's "great white fleet", old but stylish 

Aye, she'd be an instant buy for me as well =D

I is potato incarnate. I taste good with bacon. Fear my potato-yness! >=D

Bacon and coffee pleases teh kitsune -w- 

[Battleships:] Mikasa, South Carolina, Ishizuchi, Arkansas BetaImperator Nikolai I, TexasWarspite, Arizona, New Mexico, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, North Carolina, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Iowa [Cruisers:] Erie, Albany, Emden, Aurora, Oleg, St Louis, KatoriYubari, Konigsburg, Marblehead, Omaha, Murmansk, ClevelandMolotov, Atlanta, Atago, Indianapolis, Mikhail Kutuzov [Carriers:] Saipan [Destroyers:] Tachibana, SmithWickes, Clemson, Isokaze, Lo YangCampbeltownBlyskawicaSimsAnshan Arpeggio ships: ARP Kongou, ARP Kirishima, ARP Hiei, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao

Amazing avatar courtesy of LittleWhiteMouse 

BrushWolf #6 Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

If your grandfather doesn't have problems with ladders he should be fine since you say he is in great shape. Never been there, it is on my short list along with the Mikasa if I ever win the lottery, but warships all have rather claustrophobic interiors, they weren't luxury liners.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users