Thinking about changing my name...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: dseehafer's name change (18 members have cast votes)

Should I change my name

1. Yay (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. Nay (13 votes [72.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

dseehafer #1 Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:54 PM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

I've been considering changing my name for some time now but I've kind of left my mark here on the forums as dseehafer. Would I confuse too many people if I did change my name? Perhaps I should rename myself ThePlayerFormerlyKnownAsDseehafer and then change my profile picture to an unpronounceable symbol. :teethhappy:

I'll put up a poll.

CREATOR OF THE "A DETAILED LOOK AT" AND THE "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??" SERIES!! 

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

MajorRenegade #2 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:04 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

DseehaferWasHere

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

1Sherman #3 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:11 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

Dseehafer_The_Second

Edited by 1Sherman, 19 March 2017 - 11:11 PM.

"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art."

"War. It's all you've ever known, isn't it? You were so young when you survived the Clone War. No wonder you're as equipped in spirit to fight as well as you do. War is, in your blood. I study the art of war, work to perfect it. But you, you were forged by it.

"Everything leading up to this moment has been rehearsal. The real performance is about to begin. I'm counting on it."

"They revealed their meager defenses. Now we will crush them."

"I'm not accepting surrenders at this time. I want you to know failure, utter defeat, and that it is I who delivers it crashing down upon you. Now. let us proceed."

mofton #4 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

Commander

• Members

Eseehafer?

I think dseehafer's serviceable and well recognized for ship comparison etc.

I've been thinking of changing my username, mofton was a spur of the mofton decision, loads of people apparently mis-read it as 'molton' in game (or similar).

My Dad always referred to his ship as 'HM War Canoe Amazon' or 'the big grey war canoe' so I kind of like 'HM_WarCanoe' as a replacement idea.

light.png

Iowanna be a rockstar - Salmon - Ctrl-Click-Schiffe - Le Dunkerque - Grand Old Lady - ~5 Mil in IJN Scrap

Gearings of Poor - Trashcan - Biscuit-tweaker - Tachi-Ali-Baba - Not-quite-Minekaze - Zit-23 - Shinbone - Your-a-gnome

Dakka Moines - AbSchorring - Dakka-Dakka-taur

Pulicat #5 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

Commander

• Members

It's your handle that people know you by. own it.

dseehafer #6 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

View Post1Sherman, on 19 March 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Dseehafer_The_Second

Ha! That sounds like I'm some other guy trying to mooch off of my small claim to fame (I'm no Mighty Jingles but I do get recognized in game quite often) That or I've set up a second account for stat-padding. :rolleyes:

Edited by dseehafer, 19 March 2017 - 11:16 PM.

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

dseehafer #7 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

View Postmofton, on 19 March 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Eseehafer?

I think dseehafer's serviceable and well recognized for ship comparison etc.

I've been thinking of changing my username, mofton was a spur of the mofton decision, loads of people apparently mis-read it as 'molton' in game (or similar).

My Dad always referred to his ship as 'HM War Canoe Amazon' or 'the big grey war canoe' so I kind of like 'HM_WarCanoe' as a replacement idea.

I'm curious, what's the E for? The "d" in front of my name is the first letter of my first name (my last name is obviously Seehafer). In fact dseehafer was my assigned login username for the computers at my old high school... for whatever reason I used it as my gamer tag when I first created my account for WOT and have not changed it since.

KlnDiJZ.gif

- Winston Churchill

mofton #8 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

Commander

• Members

View Postdseehafer, on 19 March 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

I'm curious, what's the E for?

E is for excellent, like the USN lets ships paint 'E' on them for being best at brocading in the squadron and what not.

Also E's the letter after D in the alphabet. So, anyway.

light.png

Iowanna be a rockstar - Salmon - Ctrl-Click-Schiffe - Le Dunkerque - Grand Old Lady - ~5 Mil in IJN Scrap

Gearings of Poor - Trashcan - Biscuit-tweaker - Tachi-Ali-Baba - Not-quite-Minekaze - Zit-23 - Shinbone - Your-a-gnome

taut #9 Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:15 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

Change it to The_Angry_German.

Naaa Seehafer, ur name should stay the same. I hate when peeps change their name on here, I completely forget and talk to them like they are new on here...

CorvusBB39 #10 Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postmofton, on 19 March 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

E is for excellent, like the USN lets ships paint 'E' on them for being best at brocading in the squadron and what not.

Also E's the letter after D in the alphabet. So, anyway.

I've seen pictures of an 'E' painted on the side of individual turrets.  I'd bet the other departments could earn one as well -- they're just not as noticeable.

I was at Keflavik for sixteen months and the P3 squadrons would rotate in and out every six months, so I saw several come and go.  When I arrived, the squadron there had an E on the hanger and when they parked the planes out front after maintenance the prop blades were always the same, either vertical/horizontal or occasionally all at a 45-degree angle (being a turbo-prop you could put them where ever you liked).  When they left and the new squadron came in, the E was painted out and the parked planes had their prop blades at any old angle.  After a couple weeks, they started dressing their props.

mofton #11 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:34 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostCorvusBB39, on 19 March 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

I was at Keflavik for sixteen months and the P3 squadrons would rotate in and out every six months, so I saw several come and go.  When I arrived, the squadron there had an E on the hanger and when they parked the planes out front after maintenance the prop blades were always the same, either vertical/horizontal or occasionally all at a 45-degree angle (being a turbo-prop you could put them where ever you liked).  When they left and the new squadron came in, the E was painted out and the parked planes had their prop blades at any old angle.  After a couple weeks, they started dressing their props.

So I read an interesting book about 'Operational Research' last year. One of the things it looked at was grading how good RAF squadrons were. The RAF metric was 'servicability rate' which was the percentage of aircraft ready to fly at any one time. That kinda makes sense if you're a fighter squadron in SE England and at any minute you may need to scramble everything for a big incoming raid.

For RAF Coastal Command ex-Iceland whose job was to patrol and cover convoys what they found was that to improve their 'servicability' metric, the best thing to do was never to fly patrols, as the more you flew the more maintenance you needed. The criteria for judging squadron performance made them fly less... the 'best' squadron would have been one that never flew at all and kept all aircraft 100% ready to go. Fortunately some researchers realized this and a more sensible 'hours in air per plane per month' metric was put in place.

Glad to see it looks like we've really thought about what we're doing.

light.png

stubbornoctopus #12 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:13 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I thought you were going to call yourself Stacy

dseehafer #13 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

View Postslak__, on 19 March 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Change it to The_Angry_German.

Naaa Seehafer, ur name should stay the same. I hate when peeps change their name on here, I completely forget and talk to them like they are new on here...

Angry, eh?

Ha! Wonder if I could change it to :Tirpitz: and watch people crap themselves when the "bot" starts talking in chat? :teethhappy:

Edited by dseehafer, 20 March 2017 - 05:19 AM.

KlnDiJZ.gif

- Winston Churchill

DoomStomper #14 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postdseehafer, on 20 March 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

Ha! Wonder if I could change it to :Tirpitz: and watch people crap themselves when the "bot" starts talking in chat? :teethhappy:

Was about to vote 'Nay' before I saw this idea.  Do it.

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

Herr_Reitz #15 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I've thought the : in front of the name would be great... so of course it's likely you can't do it. 

I've also thought they should have an awesomeness contest once a year so a real player's name can get enshrined into the bot world for a one year period.... maybe ten or a hundred on each server. Would be slick. 

What I would like to know is why you want to change it, more information related to that would benefit those of us in the cheap seats. You can't very well put up a poll for your next name because you know someone would go register the name so you couldn't use it without a "_1" or some crap on it. 

Ultimately therefore... this could be a real pita for you... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users