Pink Players (Team damage) in Ranked

ranked pink teamkiller

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

criminee #1 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

Why are pink players allowed to queue for ranked? I don't think it's a major concern for random battles and co-op battles, but when someone queues into ranked with the goal of disrupting their team's gameplay by ramming, shooting, and torpedoing their teammates, I don't think the automated system is enough as it is now.

I was teamed with a Schors in ranked that did this. Although the restrictions placed on pink players prevented me from taking excessive damage, it still effectively took me out of the match for several minutes, and the Schors did nothing that helped to defeat the enemy team.

Is there any point in submitting a ticket and replay to Wargaming?

I think blocking pink players from queueing for ranked until they have played the necessary games in co-op and random battles would be a significant barrier to the few players that might attempt to purposefully lose matches in ranked battles, and I don't think it's unreasonable for players that accidentally cause damage to friendly players.

SireneRacker #2 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

Captain

• Members

How many times have I been pink already? I think at least four times, maybe even five. One time my Secondaries (before Secondary friendly fire got removed), three times a Torpedo (no excuses here but my stupidity) and one time the dispersion was like 'nope'.

In most Ranked battles I prove myself to be valuable, so plz don't kick me out :(

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Pulicat #3 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

Commander

• Members

Surprisingly, being pink doesn't tell anybody whether or not they are playing ranked with the intention of interfering with their team.

Blocking them from entering does nothing to stop them either, because it's trivial to play pink off in co-op. Wouldn't take them more than 15 minutes. Queue, do some damage, die, re queue.

BrushWolf #4 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

Since the majority of Pinkenings are accidental it really isn't a problem. The few that are either cause serial team damage will get the gate in time.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

BrushWolf #5 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostPulicat, on 19 March 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Surprisingly, being pink doesn't tell anybody whether or not they are playing ranked with the intention of interfering with their team.

Blocking them from entering does nothing to stop them either, because it's trivial to play pink off in co-op. Wouldn't take them more than 15 minutes. Queue, do some damage, die, re queue.

Probably closer to 30 minutes as leaving the match can bug having the match count for removal.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

awiggin #6 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostBrushWolf, on 19 March 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Probably closer to 30 minutes as leaving the match can bug having the match count for removal.

Actually, after slaughtering a bot unintentionally while messing in Co-op I found that the count is essentially bugged. I had to repeat 2 games left for no apparent reason. Even waited out each match to ensure they got counted.

Repeated 2, no reason, no incidental contact or damage.

Spoiler

HMCS_Devilfish #7 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

These days being pink is usually a accident if your a real TK pinky your days of playing here are numbered, but yes if you feel it was intentional file a ticket

Wowzery #8 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Was in a coop, hit a friendly DD, did about 300 pts damage, sank him, turned pink.  Pink really isn't anything bad anymore, and I usually ignore it in the game as something which happens.  I rarely actually come across real TKers anymore.

BrushWolf #9 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View Postawiggin, on 19 March 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Actually, after slaughtering a bot unintentionally while messing in Co-op I found that the count is essentially bugged. I had to repeat 2 games left for no apparent reason. Even waited out each match to ensure they got counted.

Repeated 2, no reason, no incidental contact or damage.

Spoiler

Leaving increases the odds of having to redo a match but yeah the count can be wonky at times.

aethervox #10 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

I did see 3 pink players one time on my team in Ranked - it's revealing that WG never shows how many pinks are on the other team.

Those who play Co-op have nothing useful to add - that mode is for stat padders & kindergarteners.

Also tagged with ranked, pink, teamkiller

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users