Best Commander Upgrades for Nagato

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

JoeSlackman #1 Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

Seaman

• Members

I want to use 3 points for my commander but cannot decide between basics of survivability and survivability expert.  I think I would want to repair damage faster but the extra HP are making me wonder if that is a better way to go.   Any suggestions?

SireneRacker #2 Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

Commander

• Members

BoS is a better choice, SE is only viable for Destroyers

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

JoeSlackman #3 Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Seaman

• Members

Thanks for the quick reply...I guess it would only add a couple thousand HP for a ship with over sixty thousand.  Did not think of that.  

dayofdoom33 #4 Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

For 3 point skills, BoS and SI are good skills to get and vigilance is another one of note if you find yourself eating too many torpedoes. 

SE at first glance might look like a skill meant for BBs because it increases hp, and that's what they can't get enough of right? The problem is that it's is a flat gain of health based on tier making it give the highest % increase of hp to DDs and the lowest % increase of hp to BBs. On top of that BoS reduces fire and flooding duration which would theoretically give you health by reducing the amount of damage taken in the first place.

post-1006720495-0-34445200-1420487577.gi

WOWS Alphatester, WOT player since month 3, and proud captain of the Death Pickle. 

AdmiralThunder #5 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSireneRacker, on 19 March 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

Actually it is very useful on CL's as well.

SireneRacker #6 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostAdmiralThunder, on 19 March 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

Actually it is very useful on CL's as well.

I found it to be usable on my Mogami before it was reduced in effectiveness. But with only 350 points per Tier I threw it out.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

HazeGrayUnderway #7 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostSireneRacker, on 19 March 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

Makes me think of the times people are seen at high tier BBs with Survival Expert.  Everyone on both teams laughs at them :D

centarina #8 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:22 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

BB  just need   PT, EM, and SI     throw on premium repair and heal  followed by AR.   anything else is just a gravy.       for German, I do like  AFT and Manual secondary on top. 

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, Ibuki, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo

VFM: Aurora, Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  PA Anshan   

USN:   New York, North Carolina, Marblehead,  Indianapolis, NO,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Emden  Admiral Hipper, Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Don of Popcorn Mafia

AdmiralPiett #9 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Tier III is a busy tier for BBs. BoS, SI, Vigilance and BFT are all valid depending on your playstyle. I personally go BFT, but I know I'm in the minority there. The standard choice tends to be SI for the extra heal, though I very rarely burn through four heals (with premium consumable) myself.

"The historian without his facts is rootless and futile; the facts with their historian are dead and meaningless." - E. H. Carr

Blinded by the Rising Sun? American Intelligence Assessments of Japanese Air and Naval Power, 1920-1941

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users