The final week of Ranked has begun.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Zim_Xero #21 Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I made it to Rank 5 fairly fast.  After that I hit the skill wall and kept flip flopping backward.  You guys with better skills than me can do it for sure.  but its time and choice.  I'm out of time and skill here.

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Okhotnik   Kamikaze   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Arizona   Anshan   Leander   Dunkerque   Graf Spee

Tier VII - Gneisenau   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Maass   Shiratsuyu   Belfast   Fiji   Blyskawica 

Tier VIII+ - Atago   Udaloi   Z-46   Shokaku   Khabarovsk   Alabama   Tirpitz

Prompt_N_Critical #22 Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostSethanas, on 17 March 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Hitting rank 1 is more endurance than anything else tbh... play enough games and you'll make it.

I made it this season cause I want a flint some day.... but I gotta say after rank 10 it got to be very tedious. Took me 173 games @ 56% win rate, seen a few make it with less than 50% win rate, but you're looking at 400+ games....

throw enough poop on the wall and some is bound to stick

Kevs02Accord #23 Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Almost made it. At R2.1 right now. I was at R2.4, needing only 1 more win to rank out. I played 4 games at 2.4 before failing to save my star. Slid all the way back to rank 3.0. Clawing my way back, hoping to finish this weekend on Saturday or early next week.

_WaveRider_ #24 Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Ensign

• Members

Good Luck to all those trying! :playing:

chrispdm1 #25 Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I've been stuck at 5 for quite a while now. Got to 5 with a 57% win rating, 50% since then. Can't get to 4 and have not dropped lower than 6. Watched a few guys rank out yesterday. Hoping that the skill set changes with some of the better players ranking out. I just can't play well enough to keep a star in the losses. I think I have kept one star each of the last 2 nights. I've tried Belfast, sims and shira. Belfast feels like I can't do much with it in premier, I can do more in shira, but it doesn't seem to get good xp no matter what you do. But I can't play the sims well enough to keep my star even in it.

I'll keep plugging away. just need a 20 game win streak!!

Estimated_Prophet #26 Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:57 PM

Commander

• Members

Made the same goal and acheived it like I always do. Season flag and out. 25 games.

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

Spooooooooooooooooooooon #27 Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I'm at 7, hoped to reach 5.  I'm ok with how it ends up either way.  Very unimpressed with the rewards this season

DESRON10 #28 Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

Seaman

• Members

I was stuck in a loop, I would make it 1 star away from Rank 8 and Boom... straight losses back to 12.

The rewards just aren't worth it past Rank 10 to justify beating my head against the wall for this. I made it back to 10 and called it quits there.

Edited by DESRON10, 17 March 2017 - 02:19 PM.

mohawkdriver #29 Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Commander

• Members

I think I played two Ranked games with my Super Galactically OP Belfast, just to see why everyone thought it was so OP, decided the allegations were false and haven't Ranked since.  And won't.

Panbun #30 Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

Captain

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

I happily ranked out on Wednesday at 106 battles with the Scharnhorst. I was hoping for under 90 battles but hit a wall at Rank 2.

Kuckoo #31 Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Goal was to rank out.  Currently at 230 battles, rank 3.3.

After 110 battles, rank 3 was reached after starting at rank 17.  That was nearly two weeks ago.  Have been stuck bouncing around in ranks 3-5 ever since.  Not a happy experience to say the least...

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm, but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." - T.S. Eliot, The Cocktail Party

Lord_Zath #32 Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

I ranked out so early in the season it feels surreal.  Usually around this time I'm psyching myself up for how many battles I need to do to rank out, figuring it's at least 100, and trying to decide if it's worth it to call in sick or ignore my wife in order to do it.

Good luck to those of you still going.  According to Shipcomrade, 514 people have ranked out Lowest win rate is 47.43%, and most games played is 1,042.  Note that these stats aren't 100% accurate, because its database is only based on names people have searched for.  

Landing_Skipper #33 Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I made Rank 7 last season, so my goal was at least 5 this time. Got to 4 OK and then had an unbelievably bad streak that took me all the way back to 7.2. Clawed my way back to 4.1 but it's just not much fun. I hate playing Ranked weekends, and this week is Spring Break for lots of kids. If I have a few good teammates, Shiratsuyu does her job. However, at Rank 5 and beyond its hard for me to carry a weak/confused team. (Me, not the ship)

And I'm sick of the Sims players who save a star despite doing much less for the team and a win. Almost as sick as I am of Belfasts. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper, 17 March 2017 - 03:01 PM.

"Plan to be wrong about something." PRR (he knows who he is)

bassmasta76 #34 Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I made it as high as R8.2 and kept going up/down/up/down before falling back to R9.2.  That was a week ago.  I pretty much told myself to give it up, but I may make a late season try again for the hell of it.

b

Lord_Slayer #35 Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I quit ranked about a week or 2 back, ending on Rank 11 after 53 battles, 49.06% WR

On the one hand, it was a great experiance and helped my game play a bit.

On the other hand, there was just so much salt and frustration over the game play (or lack of).

Would I do Ranked again? I believe so, but then plans change once you actually meet the enemy........

Lord Slayer

Xanthro #36 Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSethanas, on 17 March 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Hitting rank 1 is more endurance than anything else tbh... play enough games and you'll make it.

I made it this season cause I want a flint some day.... but I gotta say after rank 10 it got to be very tedious. Took me 173 games @ 56% win rate, seen a few make it with less than 50% win rate, but you're looking at 400+ games....

It took me 612 games to make Rank 1. It was tedious.

mofton #37 Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Rank 7 in 47, the play is getting less enjoyable and the module rewards are rubbish.

Too many 3 Fiji/Belfast to a side games in world of smoke in a row and I'll probably throw it in.

light.png

Iowanna be a rockstar - Salmon - Ctrl-Click-Schiffe - Le Dunkerque  - Grand Old Lady - ~5 Mil in IJN Scrap

Gearings of Poor - Trashcan - Biscuit-tweaker - Tachi-Ali-Baba - Not-quite-Minekaze - Zit-23 - Shinbone - Your-a-gnome

Worst T9 Ever - AbSchorring - Minotaur

Kevs02Accord #38 Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostLord_Zath, on 17 March 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

I ranked out so early in the season it feels surreal.  Usually around this time I'm psyching myself up for how many battles I need to do to rank out, figuring it's at least 100, and trying to decide if it's worth it to call in sick or ignore my wife in order to do it.

Good luck to those of you still going.  According to Shipcomrade, 514 people have ranked out Lowest win rate is 47.43%, and most games played is 1,042.  Note that these stats aren't 100% accurate, because its database is only based on names people have searched for.  

How is it possible to lose more games than you win and still advance? I am struggling to rank out and I have nearly 400 games. My win% keeps going up, from the start of the season until now. Ugh!!!:izmena:

AnUnderdog #39 Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

Seaman

• Members

The guys who say "just keep at it" are right. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can. I had games where I took a lucky blind torp at the beginning of the game and died first. My team still won. I had (a couple) games where I had to go afk at the start. My team still won. WG will make sure that if you play enough games, you'll make it. (That's an unpopular theory with some ultra-sensitive good players, but it sure seems accurate.) My worst losing streak was 11 in a row. I went from rank 5 down to 8 over the course of two days. That hurt. Toward the end I tried to take the Sims as often as possible. Its magic XP modifier helps you keep a star when you lose. And just keep at it. Good luck. 

Sethanas #40 Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postchrispdm1, on 17 March 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

I've been stuck at 5 for quite a while now. Got to 5 with a 57% win rating, 50% since then. Can't get to 4 and have not dropped lower than 6. Watched a few guys rank out yesterday. Hoping that the skill set changes with some of the better players ranking out. I just can't play well enough to keep a star in the losses. I think I have kept one star each of the last 2 nights. I've tried Belfast, sims and shira. Belfast feels like I can't do much with it in premier, I can do more in shira, but it doesn't seem to get good xp no matter what you do. But I can't play the sims well enough to keep my star even in it.

I'll keep plugging away. just need a 20 game win streak!!

I was having troubles moving forward around rank 10, thats when I started to take the sims out; I think the funny thing is if I play to keep a star (deal damage/spot/cap) I tend to lose, whereas if I stick almost exclusively to spotting and smoking, my team can usually do the killing well enough. I went from 50/50 keeping many stars to whole sessions of 80+% win rate, however when we did lose I would almost inevitably lose my star, despite using the sims.

If anyone is struggling at winning with DDs in ranked, the best advice I can give is to focus almost exclusively on spotting and marking the targets, use your torps when you can and hope that your intel allows your baddies to shoot more often than the reds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users