Crap aim? Or do I have bad luck?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

twitch133 #1 Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Took Missouri out for the first time in quite some time today. I have been mostly playing DD's of late. I was having the most difficult time getting good damaging shots I think I ever have.

Shots that I took my time to line up, that looked good, until they hit the target. They hit, and what I saw onscreen did not match up with what I observed all the time. And the damage just felt so.... low.

This is just a couple from this afternoon, but there were many more like it. The first shot, Izumo was starting to angle a bit. But... If I had showed that much side to a Missouri in any ship I own, that would have been 15k or more off that salvo.

The second one, the Mikhail, I count at least seven shells that hit on screen. All of them in the bridge, or the hull under the bridge. (My recording shows 3 into the hull under the bridge) It only registers 5 hits, 4 are overpens and one is a regular pen. Where from the feedback I got live, that should have been one dead MK.

The third salvo into Hindenburg. The first shots from my rear turret hit pretty well for an angled ship. But.. the shots from the two front turrets... They looked good in elevation, just trailing the ship a little bit. Get two overpens and 4 misses... I felt like my aim was better on that one, apparently not.

The last salvo on Tirpitz. I counted 4 hits in the recording. But the server only registered 3. Two of them being overpens and one regular pen... for a whopping 7k. If that had been me driving that tirpitz, getting hit by the same exact salvo, that would have been 20k melted off right there.

So... is it me? Am I aiming in the wrong place, or am I getting screwed by RNGesus? If you think my aim is crap, rip into me, I just need to figure this out. It was stupidly frustrating.

Intel 4790K : ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 : EVGA GTX 980 SC : 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw X : Samsung 850 Evo : Asus PG279Q G-Sync

Adrenaline Rush has finally allowed me to become Obi-Wan. "If you strike me down. I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

"I fear nothing. All is as RNG wills it"

AspiringCodger #2 Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

I definitely have a lot games like that.  RNG can be really streaky.  I mean, the Izumo was fairly well angled by the time the shells hit, but the rest looked to be regular old BB RNG.

LadyJess #3 Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

Ensign

• Members

Have had this happen before. Just very bad RNG, you are aiming just fine .

Destroyer_WolfgangZenker #4 Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Izumo was angled

Kutuzov has a troll armor at close range ( blame wg for russian bias )

Prinz has turtleback , even if it dosen't count that much vs high cal shells it still helps under 8-9km because wargaming overpening mechanic plus you got a not so good dispersion

Tirpitz was a ok salvo considering that it's hard to super hard to citadel broadside

It's just the game and wargaming making fun of you

Edited by Destroyer_WolfgangZenker, 16 March 2017 - 09:56 PM.

I have the guts to do what’s right even when everyone else just runs away.

twitch133 #5 Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

The RNG streaks are insane. And aggravating

I really am too impatient for battleships... lol. It always seems to give me good hits on targets I shouldn't get them on. One of the same battles. It gave me 11k on a heavily angled Donskoi, with just two hits. And shots that I just whiffed at him, not expecting them to hit.

Intel 4790K : ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 : EVGA GTX 980 SC : 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw X : Samsung 850 Evo : Asus PG279Q G-Sync

Adrenaline Rush has finally allowed me to become Obi-Wan. "If you strike me down. I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

SlartiBartFastE2 #6 Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

It's rng. Aim was fine (maybe little more head on on the Hind).

twitch133 #7 Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostSlartiBartFastE2, on 16 March 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

It's rng. Aim was fine (maybe little more head on on the Hind).

Hitting the aft third never seems to do very well for me...

You heard me cussing about that Kutuzov though. On second though, I bet all my neighbors did too, lol:hiding:

Gundriver24 #8 Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Your aim is fine.  It does the same with me.  Much better in a cruiser!

twitch133 #9 Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostGundriver24, on 16 March 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Your aim is fine.  It does the same with me.  Much better in a cruiser!

Eh... I get deleted a lot... (Like every other game, I either survive or get deleted. There is no slow death for me in a cruiser)

It is an interesting conundrum for me. I am far to impatient for BB's or cruisers. I tend to get deleted really early in cruisers, and either wasting a lot of shells or getting focused to death in BB's

Almost all of my blue and purple has come from destroyers. They are the only thing that really truly seems to click with me right now. Plus I just find them downright fun.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users