Help Me Understand

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Moondoggie52 #1 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

OK friends; been playing for awhile, but some features elude me and I haven't been able to figure out a couple of things...

I play a Scharnhorst pretty much exclusively.  I ground my way to T10 in US BB's (and quite a few other lines) before becoming a "wallet warrior".  Paid for a year of premium time and dubloons, to boot.

Philosophically, I don't mind supporting the game with some cash.  Somebody stayed up late quite a few nights to create this game AND I LOVE IT!   I'm retired and have the disposable income, and I play several hours every day.

My 2 questions are about consumables...

I had the Repair Party II at 15 dubloons per match until I ran out of dubloons.  The remarks say it costs 22,500 credits OR 15 dubloons.  I have LOTS of credits, but can't figure out how to pay for RP II with them.  I guess I can buy more dubloons, but why can't I just use credits?

My other question is WHY does WG give me consumables as rewards when none of my ships can use them?  E.g., smoke generator?  I have no DD's or CL's in my port slots, so what good did it do me to grind to Rank 8 to "earn" a smoke gen?

I'd really appreciate it if someone with more knowledge than I could 'splain it to me, please.

Melancholic_Ghost #2 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

in the 'confirmation window' when you equip RP II, there's a drop down window/thing on the right side, where the Doubloon cost is. You can switch between paying with Doubloons, and Credits there. You can also sell Modules, and Consumables now. Its in the Inventory Management screen, in the menu where you can select Profile Viewer. 

Unabletony #3 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

WG just gives out rewards for ships you might have. Keep the smoke generator in case you ever buy HMAS Perth.

Click on the consumables in the modules tab, next to ammo. There, it should display consumables. Click on it, and click the Premium Consumables. Click on the 15 doubloons, and a small option to pick credits will show. You can enable or disable this resupply.

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

Wulfgarn #4 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Rclick on it and choose the credit amount on the picture under Modules/ammo & consumables.

Little drop down arrow.

Edited by Wulfgarn, 15 March 2017 - 09:23 PM.

Highest. CV USN Independence BB USN Colorado CA USN New Orleans GER Yorck  RN Leander DD USN Gearing IJN Shimakaze VMF Khab

Premium. Kamikaze R. Blyskawica. Leningrad. Belfast. Graf Spee, Konig Albert. Ishizuchi. Marblehead. Texas. Arizona. Sims. Atlanta. Indianapolis. Kutuzov. Tirpitz. Gremyashchy. Murmansk. Molotov. Prinz Eugen. Scharnhorst. Warspite. Anshan. Lo Yang
Intel I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz . GTX 750 Ti (Max settings). 16 GB Ram . Win 7 Pro 64-bit . SSD 120GB (OS only) . SSD 250GB (Gaming) . Mechanical 2TB (Storage)

dEsTurbed1 #5 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

To change from gold to credits, click down arrow...it toggles a menu. Click 22,500. Done.

Part 2...reasons...

Just go into inventory, drop down arrow by player name upper left in port, and sell them.

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS...CRY MORE AND IT WILL BE....

"REMOVE STEALTH TORP CHEAT"-Forum topic  found 4/17

If you wanted nuetuered IJN destroyers you succeeded. You could give them 3 sec turret rotation and rail guns to 20 km...it's lack of rof and stealthy torps that are needed.

Stauffenberg44 #6 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Yes they opted for a small non-intuitive easily-missed button to switch from gold to credit costs for some reason. ;)

Edited by Stauffenberg44, 15 March 2017 - 09:35 PM.

A toast--to our ships at sea !

RipNuN2 #7 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

Commander

• Members

Hmm this question does come up often enough I wonder if anyone could make a gif showing this?

Edited by RipNuN2, 15 March 2017 - 09:44 PM.

GhostSwordsman #8 Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostRipNuN2, on 15 March 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Hmm this question does come up often enough I wonder if anyone could make a gif showing this?

I thought I had bookmarked one, but I can't seem to find it. Perhaps nobody has made one. The closest I have is this:

Same concept, different window.

As for the OP, there should also be a checkbox on the modules screen, right next to the slider for auto resupply. If you check that box, it should set all premium consumables to be resupplied with in-game currency(credits).

warships.today stats(direct link)     Wargaming.net WoWs profile overview

~You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream, Like thoughts become a river stream, Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time, To the path, -yours to claim~Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade, Now a white, ivory throne beckons, So obtain the fate you sow, On this path, be weary, friend and foe~ - "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" English Cover - by Amalee

Soshi_Sone, on 26 April 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Literally speaking, one can only run into Lert if one is not alert.
Ultimate BBQQ Recipe: 1 BB(the bigger, the juicier), 2 or more Cruisers and/or Destroyers, HE spam(apply generously), no salt required. Smoking your BBQQ is optional, but it adds lots of extra flavor.  Melt for 3-10 minutes and enjoy! Serve with fish for an even more exotic taste!

Moondoggie52 #9 Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Got it!  Sooo nice to have the extra heal back...it comes in handy.

Thanks very much!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users