Minotaur or Moskva

minotaur moskva cruiser

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Landing_Skipper #1 Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I have both of the Tier 10 Battleships and the 3 Tier 10 DDs that I want, but I'm only up to the Chapayev and the Edinburgh in cruisers. That is my weakest class of ships other than CVs which I just haven't played.

I enjoy having development objectives, so which Tier cruiser should I push for and why? 

Edinburgh is somewhat harder for me to do well in; however, it seems to be a weak step in the British cruiser line after the fun that is Fiji.

Moskva seems less popular, but also seems like a tanky beast of a cruiser.

"Plan to be wrong about something." PRR (he knows who he is)

SalvoSanta #2 Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

They are both incredible ships in their own right. The moskva makes me laugh when I fire the guns because they are like Shakira's hips on the dance floor and do not lie.

The minotaur is fun because of the RoF but I find it stressful because when you are spotted you are instantly focused. And you die. And you are spotted because every schmuck and their des Moines has radar these days.

Personal opinion but I found the Neptune to be more fun than the Minotaur and the Moskva to be most fun in the current meta of long range semi-sniping. But you can also get in close and angle well to delete BBs. 

EmGee42 #3 Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Minotaur is one of my favorite ships just because or the shear amount of spam it produces. Moskva is probably a more usable ship and not as situational as Minotaur. I love them both and they couldn't be more opposite in function.

Minotaur=squishy,mobile, no fly zone, death by a thousand cuts.

Moskva=tanky,can't get out of its own way,railguns with Stalinium shells.

pmgaudio #4 Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:10 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

MOSKVA.... because Triple Citadels to a Minotour at Max range is AWESOME!!! lolz

and of course no Moskva thread would be complete without the Obligatory Dance tune.....

Spoiler

Edited by pmgaudio, 15 March 2017 - 02:17 AM.

“Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

:child:

ValkyrWarframe #5 Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

Commander

• Members

Moskva comrade!

*In top 50 players on the server 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Gift from an Anonymous User), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog: Hatsuharu, Kagero, Furutaka, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Ryujo

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

Landing_Skipper #6 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:45 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostValkyrWarframe, on 14 March 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Moskva comrade!

Because BALANCE! :D

Thanks guys

"Plan to be wrong about something." PRR (he knows who he is)

sbcptnitro #7 Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Personally, I had much better luck with the Donskoi than the Moskva, but I also did better with the Edinburgh than I currently am with the Neptune.

That just shows I'm not playing the Moskva or the Neptune properly. However, I'm really looking forward to the Minotaur.

ValkyrWarframe #8 Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostLanding_Skipper, on 14 March 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

Because BALANCE! :D

Thanks guys

Hey, just one thing.  Before you play Moskva, you might want to read my guide :)

http://forum.worldof...age__p__2675210

*In top 50 players on the server 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Gift from an Anonymous User), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog: Hatsuharu, Kagero, Furutaka, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Ryujo

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

Spyde #9 Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Both are good.

Moskva... Bow on Tanky Ship.     Leans toward BB playstyle

Mino.. Squishy super ROF low Detection Cruiser that sets in smoke to spam... Leans doward DD playstyle.

Des Moines, Zao  and Hinden are more typical Heavy Cruiser playstyles.

Edited by Spyde, 15 March 2017 - 05:36 PM.

T10 CA/CL: Des Moines, Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg, Minotaur                                                                                                                                                                                               Premium Ships 

T10 DD:Gearing, Shimakaze                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      BB: Texas, Arkansas Beta, Warspite

T10 BB:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             CA/CL: Murmansk, Marblehead, Graf Spee, Belfast, Atlanta, Kutuzov

T9:  Iowa,  Izumo, Friedrich der Grobe  Z-46, Udaloi, Tashkent                                                                                                                                                             DD: Gremyashchy, Shinonome, Sims, Blyskawica, Lo Yang

T8:  Akizuki

Wyatt_DERP85 #10 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

• Members

I don't have either Minotaur or Moskva yet but I'm close.

As far as your concerns on Edinburgh's AP shell - I saw it. Edinburgh got a lot of non-penetrating hits and bounces where I get much more consistent penetrating hits with Neptune. It's a heavier and much better AP shell in that regard. Arcs are lofty tho. I'm not at Minotaur but they just have this fear factor that leads to them to being focused if anyone ever gets a chance to shoot at you. Moskva also tends to get focus fired. The difference is you can angle and be quite tanky and shoot back at range. When they angle, even battleships find them tough to kill.

Edited by Wyatt_DERP85, 15 March 2017 - 07:44 PM.

BearlyHereBear #11 Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Moskva for Stalinium TM  shells that shred capitalist steel like marshmallow.

Grem, Kami, Ok, Sim, Fubu, An, Blys, Lenin, Lo, Shima, Khab, Gear, D-52: Emd, Kat, Murm, Furu, Molo, GS, Atlanta, Indi, Belf, ARPs, MK, PE, Atago, Hindi, Zao, Mino, Moskva: Mikasa (crap), KA, Ishi,  Nic, Texas, ARPs, Zona, Scharn, Tirpitz, Montana: Hiryu, Siapan, Haku

Intel® Core™ Processor i7-6700K

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X GAMING 3

ADATA XPG Z1 (8GBx2) DDR4/2800MHz

AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5

vonluckner #12 Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

• Alpha Tester

I think Moskva will teach you more about playing cruisers. Very powerful combination of armor and maneuverability, however you do feel the low DPM if you play it back to back with the DM, Minotaur, and Zao (I don't have Hinden).

Minotaur is probably the best T10 cruiser for pubstomping. Just like the Moskva it has a really awesome combination of traits, but it requires a more proactive playstyle.

If you don't know how to work all of the Minotaurs abilities at once you're going to get [edited] over a lot and probably won't have much fun. Anyone can do well in the Minotaur if they manage to find themselves in a good position where damage is fed to them, but doing it consistently requires a good sense of how to play your team lineup and deployment, and many maps will require pretty good shot leading to put the damage out.

By comparison, the Moskva really just requires you to understand basic use of your armor and when to use HE and when to AP. It's honestly sort of unexciting to play but if you haven't played cruisers at all it's very user friendly.

BattlecruiserOperational #13 Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:41 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

I just got the Minotaur, and this has to be the most challenging ship to play aside from CVs. It's so capable, but so fickle. I enjoy the challenge. But for competitiveness, I'm leaning towards the Moskva(by the looks of it). So if you want to pub stomp solo, I recommend the Minotaur, if you platoon a lot and or want a sought after ship for organized play, I'd recommend the Moskva.

Sweetsie #14 Posted Today, 01:11 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Both are instant auto targets, I have literally sprained fingers trying to turn and shoot a Mino out in the open.. And for the Moskva, you are detected 2 minutes before you que for the match. Completely two different worlds. I would say Zao, as you can literally have 70k damage done(spotter plane), while sipping whiskey, petting the dog, and pretending I wasn't playing video games to my wife......and that was before I was ever detected......As for an edge, I would lean Moskva as Mino relies on smoke, and get wrecked by radar. Moskva has tons of challenges, but can bring the pain from a long way away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users