Which container do you pick?

containers

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Containers (62 members have cast votes)

What containers do you play the most?

1. Credits (9 votes [14.52%])

Percentage of vote: 14.52%

2. Signals and Camo (22 votes [35.48%])

Percentage of vote: 35.48%

3. Consumables (7 votes [11.29%])

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

4. Try your luck (22 votes [35.48%])

Percentage of vote: 35.48%

5. I let the game pick for me (1 vote [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

6. I have never opened a container (1 vote [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

KDEstroy #1 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

Seaman

• Members

I'm especially curious about the "try your luck" container, does anyone know the chances of pulling a supercontainer? Does anyone even pick it? I never do, and still manages to get supercontainers on a monthly basis.

Edited by KDEstroy, 14 March 2017 - 12:29 AM.

Warped_1 #2 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I used to use TYL exclusively until they added the new "upgrades. Now just choose credits as I figure I get 650k credits every 8 days or so and the other items are gravy.

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #3 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:06 AM

Ensign

• Members

TYL on NA because I am pretty full of stuff here already, Credits on EU because I don't have many credits there.

"Hit First. Hit Hard. Keep on Hitting" ~ John "Jackie" Fisher

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion

surratus #4 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Despite a 7 to 10 container a week habit, I haven't picked a super container since before the Holiday Santa spree.  No worries though, I made out like a bandit on the Santa Boxes, so I figure I caught all my fish in the first cast. After a few months of Signal Flags and Camo early on, I now routinely pick Consumables.  It's all what you need and use, the only thing I'm ever short on is Free XP.  I might try to switch to the Try Your Luck's just for the novelty, and I'm curious to see what the new "upgrades" are all about.  I truly respect the Liberty Ship so the visit is always satisfying regardless - one of WG better ideas!  

Chien_Lu_Anderman #5 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:12 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I switched from TYL to Signals and Camo because if you do not get a Super in TYL you get 4 flags . Whereas Signals and Camo gets you a minimum of 12 flags max or 8 and camo  sometimes .  I usually sell the type 1 and 2 camo  and the chance of a Super is (iirc) only 1% less .   :honoring:

CPU   Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz/ 3.84Ghz with turbo      GPU   NVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2G      Ram   12gig and 26.2gig available on a flash drive configured for ready boost    HDD   1Tb 7200rpm    OS   Windows 8.1

Zim_Xero #6 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I do consumables because 6 consumables guaranteed = 135,000 credits each roll.  In addition you get one random grab bag and a half chance at supercontainer.  I understand why players go signals though, since many of them you can't buy.

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Podvoisky   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Arizona   Anshan   Leander   Dunkerque   Graf Spee

Tier VII - Blyskawica   Gneisenau   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Maass   Shiratsuyu   Belfast   Minsk

Tier VIII+ - Atago   Udaloi   Ognevoi   Tashkent   Z-46   Shokaku   Khabarovsk

BrushWolf #7 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:44 AM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

I usually take the first two of the day as credits and if I get the third I usually take that as a TYL.

Edited by BrushWolf, 14 March 2017 - 04:20 PM.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

Kuckoo #8 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:52 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Preferred checkboxes instead of pushbuttons, as I cycle through the credits, flags, and consumables with every turn.  I almost never pick the Try Your Luck.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm, but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." - T.S. Eliot, The Cocktail Party

Wowzery #9 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:52 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

S&C, I used to do TYL, but wasn't getting any SC.  So I figured might as well get more for my containers.

khan1670 #10 Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

• Members

Switch back and forth between Signals and consumables usually.

I haven't tried a TYL container in a long time and it's been quite a while since I got a SC.

USN : Farragut, Mahan, Benson, Sims, Fletcher, Gearing , Phoenix, Marblehead, Cleveland, Pensacola, Indianapolis,  Atlanta, Baltimore, Des Moines, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, North Carolina, Iowa, Missouri,  Montana

KMS : Emden, Konigsberg, Graf Spee, Nurnberg, Prinz Eugen, Roon, Hindenburg, Konig Albert , Bayern, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Friederich der Grobe, Grober Kurfurst  RN : Leander, Fiji, Belfast, Edinburgh, Neptune, Minotaur, Warspite 

VMF : Gremyashchy, Gnevny, Ognevoi,  Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi , Khabarovsk,  Aurora, Murmansk, Budyonny, Molotov, Shchors,  Chapayev, Mikhail Kutozov, Dmitri Donskoi,  Moskva, Imperator Nikolai  

IJN:  Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Shinonome ,Shiratsuyu, Akizuki,  Yubari, Furutaka, Zao, Atago, Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi, Yamato  Other: Blyskawica, Anshan, Lo Yang, Dunkerque   ARP: ALL of  them

pyantoryng #11 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

Signals and Camo...and it comes with the occasional extra beds.

Which box gives out port slot, anyway?

GrafZeppelinKai #12 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• WoWS Wiki Editor

I generally like the signals and camo crate; i feel it's the most useful. 

Plus sometimes you get goodies like modules, cash, or even free xp. 

Check out our Forum Threadour Discord! our Website

Sabot_100 #13 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I started out taking the Signals but ended up always getting flags I never use (like lots of  ramming flags) so switched to Consumables. Tried but never got much from TYL.

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #14 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I do camo and flags usually and once in a while consumables.

Bill_Halsey #15 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Signals and camo. Because some of them stack up with you captain skills. I got enough credits so problems there.

SgtSullyC3 #16 Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

• Members

Signals and camo or credits when I'm low. I gave up on TYL: got three supercontainers so far and got a whopping 250 speed flags (since removed) and two, useless new upgrades. Yay.

T1-3: Orlan, Smith, Derski, Katori, St. Louis, South Carolina

T4-6: Clemson, Danae, Kaiser, Minekaze, Furutaka, Konigsberg, Kongo, Cleveland, Ryujo

T7-9: Mahan, Atlanta, Pensacola, Saipan, Ranger, North Carolina, Lexington, Iowa

GoalsIJN: Shiratsuyu, Hiryu / Shokaku - USN: Benson, New Orleans, Missouri, Essex - KMS: Gneisenau - HMS: Leander

pikohan #17 Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

TYL all day everyday. I've only chosen TYL since containers came out.

ImperialArmament #18 Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

Seaman

• Members

I usually took the TYL option for the first one because I seemed to have great luck at picking up 250 Sierra Mike signals in SCs. Too bad they were removed. My Lol-rado ate those things up. Now I usually go for the TYLs for the 750 FXP reward (which happens surprisingly often) or the Signals/Camo one to stock up on +100% XP camo for my next grind.

BBs: North Carolina, Iowa, Scharnhorst, ARP Kongo, ARP Kirishima, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Myogi, Kaiser

CLs/CAs: Atago, Graf Spee, Belfast, Cleveland, Molotov, Kolberg

DDs: Sims, Farragut, Clemson, Wakatake, Derzki

CVs: Saipan, Hosho, Independence

Planned: Tirpitz, Montana, Missouri, König, Izyaslav

Kizarvexis #19 Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I take the signals crate as I play mostly co-op and very rarely earn them. I don't really use them in co-op and save them for my occasional foray into PvP. If I'm low on credits, I'll do the credit crate until I'm back in the black.

CrazyHorse_Denver #20 Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I go with the consumable containers these days. I earn plenty of credits and FXP in game; it's also easy to earn signal flags in game. So I save money by getting the containers besides the fact that many of the premium consumables can have a much bigger impact on a ship's performance than flags or camo.

USN:Clemson, Benson, Atlanta, Indianapolis, N.Orleans, Arizona, Colorado, N.Carolina, Iowa, Missouri, Ranger, Lexington

KMS:V-170, E. Gaede, Hermelin, Emden, G.Spee, Yorck, K.Albert, Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Bismarck, F.DerGrobe

VMF:Gnevny, Leningrad, Svietlana, Murmansk, Budyonny, Shchors, Mikhail Kutuzov

IJN:Isokaze, Akatsuki, Katori, Ishizuchi, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi, Hiryu, Shokaku 

RN:Campbeltown, Black Swan, Fiji, Edinburgh, Warspite  Misc. Anshan, Blyskawica, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao, ARP Kirishima

Also tagged with containers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users