When will CVs make a comeback

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Joe__defender_destroyer #1 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Is there any chance that CVs in the near future (1-2 months) will make a return to the NA server?

RivertheRoyal #2 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Have you been playing this weekend at all? 
River's Guide on Writing a Good Post—Required reading for some.

TheBossNC #3 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The UI changes(or some of them) are coming this patch. Balancing hopefully in 1 or 2 patches.

dark.png

Pelagic Pirates 

Joe__defender_destroyer #4 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

yeah I have 

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 12 March 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

Have you been playing this weekend at all? 

SpudZero #5 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Sky cancer all weekend lol

Do or do not.  There is no try.     -  Yoda

[SPORG]

Super Potatoes Of Recreational Gaming
Join The Discord Server Here

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #6 Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Looks at current battle history... If this is not a CV come back then I don't know what is happening... :great:

Seeing 2-4 carriers pretty much every battle now.

Hatework #7 Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostJoe__defender_destroyer, on 12 March 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Is there any chance that CVs in the near future (1-2 months) will make a return to the NA server?

No.  This weekend is a fluke caused by CV missions, nothing more.  CVs will continue to be scarce at mid to high tiers and nothing I've seen or read suggests otherwise.

Warped_1 #8 Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Changing the interface will only be a small part of it.  They need to rework the rewards.  I don't mind the loss of credits at high tier but you can get a high caliber, kill several ships, shoot down lots of planes, and still be about halfway down the standings.

Joe__defender_destroyer #9 Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Ok, thanks for all of the help :)

Vaporisor #10 Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

They need to rework the play to help CVs get ahead.  In the near future, all we got is some nerfing and limitations placed on low tier to offset sealclubbing of low AA ships.  Nothing to improve play experience for CV commanders and those on receiving end.

Rhagna #11 Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

0.6.3 is the UI rework for CVs.
Ships:
Premium: Atago, Kutuzov, Graf Spee, Kamikaze, Konig Albert, Saipan IJN: Hiryu, Furutaka, Akatsuki, Izumo RN: Leander USN: Farragut KM: Bayern, V-170 VMF: Budyonny ARP: Kongo, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima, Myoko, Haguro, Nachi, Ashigara

SeaKnight_1990 #12 Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I know this sounds dumb, but what will the CV interface look like post revamp? I hear it will be "Starcraft-like."

dark.png

aethervox #13 Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:44 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

I have 3 and I play them regularly (I randomize what I play - I have only 21 ships).

Aduial #14 Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

I guess this is a semi-necro, but no, they will never make a comeback with the way things are going right now. Removing alt-attacks from T4-5 carriers to make them useless? Great way to kill off the CV population, WG. 

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami, Myoko, Clemson, T8 Fubuki (sadly, the T6 Fubuki doesn't feel quite as good), Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

My topics: Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles              Mogami deserves a buff           Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

SeaKnight_1990 #15 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

From what I've seen on YouTube pages such as panzerknacker and Best World of Warships Replays, a carrier, in order to make the top of the standings, has to carry more than just her aircraft. She's gotta carry the team she's on as well.

dark.png

Reymu #16 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostAduial, on 22 March 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

I guess this is a semi-necro, but no, they will never make a comeback with the way things are going right now. Removing alt-attacks from T4-5 carriers to make them useless? Great way to kill off the CV population, WG. 

Hear the auto drop got buffed--I intend to try it out, see if it's still viable, as well as the new ctrls in training room. Presumably they'll still be deadly either way in skilled hands.

I'm thinking of rebuying Bogue and grinding to Independence--since would love to try Lexington--but it'll be a long grind with 1-1-1 Indy, then strike Ranger with RNG deciding if I get a decent match or a crappy one vs. a Hiryu or Saipan. Doesn't really appeal.

Always down for helping anyone learn. Hands-on guy, so I'll division with ya and observe how you're handling your ship. Click orange contacts button, use search bar for player's name, and right-click to add.

Decidis #17 Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostTheBossNC, on 12 March 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

The UI changes(or some of them) are coming this patch. Balancing hopefully in 1 or 2 patches.

Has WG released any screens yet?

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo”  -Chief Officer Steward Dogan on the USS Gurnard (SS-254) during WWII

StoneRhino #18 Posted Today, 01:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostReymu, on 22 March 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

Hear the auto drop got buffed--I intend to try it out, see if it's still viable, as well as the new ctrls in training room. Presumably they'll still be deadly either way in skilled hands.

I'm thinking of rebuying Bogue and grinding to Independence--since would love to try Lexington--but it'll be a long grind with 1-1-1 Indy, then strike Ranger with RNG deciding if I get a decent match or a crappy one vs. a Hiryu or Saipan. Doesn't really appeal.

Funny enough the cv I miss the most is the Ranger. Strike ranger can bully every over cv than a AS ranger. I have been wanting to rebuy one to see the changes with ammo buffs. The 1-1-1 can hold it's own against a hiryu but requires a different play style. The only thing that really sucks is the detection range. If I do rebuy one I'll stick my Lexington captain which has CE in it

Carrier_Junyo #19 Posted Today, 07:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

The only tier where its hard to find a CV game right now its Tier X.

WG, please remove Air Superiority Carrier loadouts from the game. I'm sure that if you looked at Air Superiority Win Rates vs Balanced or Strike Win Rates, your data will show you the vast inferiority of this loadout in its ability to help their team's chances to win. Meanwhile, they are encouraging the balanced or strike CV player to stop playing CVs due to decreasing their enjoyment of the game and creating frustration. Removing Air Superiority loadouts, and "re-balancing" the balanced and strike loadouts is the easiest fix to the current CV problem. Match the air power of both nations for equivalent loadouts. Ideally, players should be able to select their loadouts in-game, not in port. This way, they are able to adapt to enemy CV's actions and it adds an extra element of tactics and strategy, rather than being at a disadvantage already at Port. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users