Honorable Service Campaign... Pass

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Stauffenberg44 #1 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

Ensign

• Members

First off this isn't a gripe. I finished the Science of Victory Campaign this weekend and found it to be an excellent addition to basic play. Essentially it took the sting out of the inevitable battle losses by allowing you to complete tasks and gain benefits irregardless. That said however the Honorable Service campaign I gather is tiers VIII-X only with much harder tasks and I've shelved it feeling it will cost too much in expenses, play time and probably my over all WR--not that I am so obsessed with that.

Anyone else come to the same conclusion?

A toast--to our ships at sea !

RivertheRoyal #2 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Nah, it was a breeze. I just picked the missions, and let them sit until they were completed. Just don't worry about it—you'll get to the end eventually. 
River's Guide on Writing a Good Post—Required reading for some.
I assume I'm wrong until proven right. Doesn't mean I'm always wrong though. Cause, I'm very good at proving myself right.
Have a tiny Ryuujou.

Kuckoo #3 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostStauffenberg44, on 12 March 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

Nope.  Working on the second group of missions now.

Of course it will take some time to get the Shio, but hey, stuff just can't always be handed out like flyers.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm, but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." - T.S. Eliot, The Cocktail Party

BrushWolf #4 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 12 March 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Nah, it was a breeze. I just picked the missions, and let them sit until they were completed. Just don't worry about it—you'll get to the end eventually. 

This, select the tasks that you feel you have the best chance of completing, repeat them when completed, and for now ignore the ones you think you will have trouble with, you can always do them later for the achievement.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

centarina #5 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

it wasn't hard, but it did take fair number of matches.   grinded my t8 to t9 and t9 to t10.

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, Ibuki, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo

VFM: Aurora, Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  PA Anshan   

USN:   New York, North Carolina, Marblehead,  Indianapolis, NO,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Emden  Admiral Hipper, Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Don of Popcorn Mafia

KyourakuShunsui #6 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Nope, wasn't hard at all. It helps to have many different ships at tier 8 and above. I just selected some tasks and played like I normally play for the most part.

Stauffenberg44 #7 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

Ensign

• Members

OK! Thanks for that I'll head back into it.

Seamus_44 #8 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:00 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

You have the ship, so all it requires is keeping a set of challenges selected. I've done both campaigns at the just get through level, and am now slowly moving through getting all the prizes. Since I was mostly a DD driver, the CA and BB stuff came later, and now I'm doing better in those classes of ships. The CV events will come last, as I've only done a few battles in them.

Legendary_Typo #9 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:04 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Members

I haven't really started on them as I've been playing at tier VII, but there are a couple of tasks you can choose which you'll probably accidentally complete when you're trying to grind a ship line to tier X or something.

Eric_Von_Hess, Thank You.

Atago, Scharnhorst, Graf SpeeMarbleheadMurmansk, Emden, Mikasa, SmithTachibana.

ARP Takao, ARP AshigaraARP HaguroARP MyokoARP NachiARP HarunaARP HieiARP Kirishima, ARP KongoSouthern Dragon.

Zao, Admiral HipperChapayev, EdinburghNew Orleans, GnevnyMinekaze, Mutsuki, Nicholas, T-22.

poeticmotion #10 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostStauffenberg44, on 12 March 2017 - 10:28 PM, said:

First off this isn't a gripe. I finished the Science of Victory Campaign this weekend and found it to be an excellent addition to basic play. Essentially it took the sting out of the inevitable battle losses by allowing you to complete tasks and gain benefits irregardless. That said however the Honorable Service campaign I gather is tiers VIII-X only with much harder tasks and I've shelved it feeling it will cost too much in expenses, play time and probably my over all WR--not that I am so obsessed with that.

You can complete them with t8 ships. The only tasks which require t10 are on the last stage and you still can complete the campaign without doing those tasks. If you can't break even or make a profit at t8, wait until you can. 

It's a high-toier campaign with a reward that is commensurate with the amount of tasks you have to complete (a free t6 DD that is VERY good.) Not everything should be completable at low tiers. 

Tier 10: Khabarovsk, Kurfurst, Minotaur, Tier 9: Fletcher, Friedrich, Udaloi,, Z-46 Tier 8: North Carolina, Bismarck, Z-23, Edinburgh ARP Takao, Akizuki, Kiev, Ognevoi Tier 7: all ARP Myokos, Gneisenau, Leningrad, ShiratsuyuFiji, Tier 6: Budyonny, FarragutShinonome, Fuso, Leander, Bayern, Graf Spee  Tier 5: Kamikaze-R, all ARP Kongos Tier 4: Clemson, IshizuchiV170, Kaiser Tier 2: Tachibana, Mikasa

My guides: Poetic's Guide To Getting Gud Or At Least Less Bad: Tips From A Former Potato     Poetic's post-0.6.0 guide to DD skills and capt builds

The URL Guy is OP, but please don't nerf him. 

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #11 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Yeah I have Yamato line, Bismarck line, IJN DDs, IJN Cruisers, and IJN Carriers rolling so I can be able to do the Campain. The Battleships are priority of course since they will do the bulk of the work on the missions.

desmo_2 #12 Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Honorable Service is certainly more difficult than Science of Victory.  But, many of the Science of Victory tasks were very easy.  Some of the Honorable Service tasks may take a while to complete...but as others have said, if you select them and let them sit, at some point when you have forgotten you even have that particular task, you will have that battle that completes it.  Some of the tasks in Honorable are pretty tough, but each stage does have doable tasks in it.  Even if they are only worth one or two pins, you can re-do them and get enough pins to move on.  The last stage has some tasks that are actually pretty easy.

Stauffenberg44 #13 Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:27 AM

Ensign

• Members

Good advice all thanks again. I just sold the Donskoi and got the Moskva, my 4th tier X, so I am ready to have at it. ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users