Game mechanics questions - you want fries with that?

spotting priority target

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Herr_Reitz #1 Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I thought I understood this stuff but now I'm starting to wonder... 

1. If I'm in a ship, being spotted by a red destroyer I cannot see, out of range of everything/everyone else, even my hydro does not pick him up - why do I not receive a warning that I am spotted? Because he's not using his main guns. I would like ANY FORM of targeting your ship to indicate you are being targeted. It is very bizarre to not receive any indication of being spotted yet receive hits. 

2. Secondaries and smoke - it would appear secondaries can remain locked on a target in/behind smoke. How is it - if true and not just my imagination - secondary gunners can continue to fire on target but I cant do the same with my main batteries? If this is correct, does it not require fixing? 

3. Can we PLEASE get the option to turn off the automatic selection of a target with our main guns? Please? Why? Everyone and their brother - probably sister too - are likely to be running the level one skill Priority Target. Just look in someones direction, your guns lock on target, enemy ship is now aware you are looking at them. I deselect using "X" but if there are any other ships in the area, the guns will target them. You see the problem, right? When the target is alone I find if I deselect as soon as they get locked, they think I'm not looking at them anymore. When I'm ready to fire a quick X to select them and a firing can often catch them unawares.  So please can we get full manual target selection on our main guns? 

Yes I know I always ask for things... I like change. tia fyc

Unabletony #2 Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

The second one: Secondary guns actually stop firing once they lose sight of you. It's the AI thinking to itself, "They're not visible anymore, but I've already fired ze rounds."

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

Legendary_Typo #3 Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Members

1. There's no way that someone has vision on you and you're not getting the situational awareness indicator.

2. What Unabletony said above.

3. I think there's already a way to do this in the controls part of the settings menu, not sure though.

Eric_Von_Hess, Thank You.

Atago, Scharnhorst, Graf SpeeMarbleheadMurmansk, Katori, Emden, Mikasa, SmithTachibana.

ARP Takao, ARP AshigaraARP HaguroARP MyokoARP NachiARP HarunaARP HieiARP Kirishima, ARP KongoSouthern Dragon.

Zao, Admiral Hipper, Chapayev, Edinburgh, New Orleans, Gnevny, Kongo, Konig, Minekaze, Mutsuki, New York, Nicholas, T-22.

denismc66 #4 Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

The first one, if you don't have the situational awareness skill for your skipper then you will be detected without knowing right?

BrushWolf #5 Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

1) A) You were spotted even if only for a split second.

B)  It was a lucky shot into the smoke

C) The fire was aimed at someone else and hit you instead.

2) There is a very slight delay for the secondaries to stop firing but on the other end there is a very slight delay for them to start firing when a target is available.

3) I find that skill mostly useless. It is easier to assume that everyone on the red team is looking at you when you are detected.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

Landing_Skipper #6 Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I use the Priority Target skill against potential targets.  See a group of BBs while playing Shimkaze?  Target the one(s) you are NOT planning to torp.  BB guns reloading? Jump from 1 target to another until you're ready to fire, then hit X the moment you do fire so that they may think they're safe.

It's also fun to target ships you couldn't possibly shoot or torp due to islands.  If they're running PT, they have no idea if they are targeted by that BB on the horizon, a DD in perfect position to torp, or some jerk hiding behind a rock.

"Plan to be wrong about something." PRR (he knows who he is)

Herr_Reitz #7 Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:57 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I admit I was running away to rebuild my RN cruiser... I was 15 to 16 km in front of them. I had hydro active which would detect anything near me and my concealment range. But I got no indication at all. I kept looking up to see if I was getting any kind of signal to indicate I was spotted. Nothing. 

In this instance, RDF would have been a very nice addition. Me is of the opinion RDF needs to be consumable, not a commander skill. 

Pete_Darling #8 Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostHerr_Reitz, on 12 March 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

1. If I'm in a ship, being spotted by a red destroyer I cannot see, out of range of everything/everyone else, even my hydro does not pick him up - why do I not receive a warning that I am spotted? Because he's not using his main guns. I would like ANY FORM of targeting your ship to indicate you are being targeted. It is very bizarre to not receive any indication of being spotted yet receive hits. 

I have never seen that - if there is a ship inside my detection circle I get the Spotted indicator even if he is silent and I can't see him. I have, however, seen it react slow. I've fought DD's that I can see him then a second or two later my indicator goes off and we are in the same ship with the same builds. I have been thinking of playing with these dynamics in the training room though. 

Mercury49 #9 Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

Seaman

• Members

View Postdenismc66, on 12 March 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

The first one, if you don't have the situational awareness skill for your skipper then you will be detected without knowing right?

When was the last time you played? Every ship has been given situational awareness. It is no longer a captain skill. 

Sabot_100 #10 Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostPete_Darling, on 14 March 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

I have, however, seen it react slow. I've fought DD's that I can see him then a second or two later my indicator goes off and we are in the same ship with the same builds. I have been thinking of playing with these dynamics in the training room though. 

For me it is usually the opposite. I get the spotted indicator BEFORE the enemy ship renders on the screen when different concealment ratings are not the issue. Coming around an island for example. The "DETECTED" pops up, a few seconds later I will be able to see what detected me. 

Pete_Darling #11 Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSabot_100, on 17 March 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

For me it is usually the opposite. I get the spotted indicator BEFORE the enemy ship renders on the screen when different concealment ratings are not the issue. Coming around an island for example. The "DETECTED" pops up, a few seconds later I will be able to see what detected me. 

That will happen if your concealment is greater than theirs like when I'm brawling with a Khab in my Yugumo I can see him forever before my alarm goes off but when my alarm is off and they are firing at me? When I'm being focused fired and my alarm is off either he can see me or has some ESP/Luck Shot Karma. 

Highgrix #12 Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

Seaman

• Members

Does it come with a large coke?:trollface:

Also tagged with spotting, priority target

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users