Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Nevermind

Deviathan #43 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:34 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostCaptainMrEpic, on 11 March 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Release date?

If I had to guess I'd say probably sometime this coming week.

WackyMan157 #44 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

For her Cons, you should add in that Alabama's sigma value is 1.9 (I think) when compared to NC's 2.2 (I think)

Signature Currently Under Reconstruction

Phoenix_jz #45 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:43 AM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostWackyMan157, on 11 March 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

For her Cons, you should add in that Alabama's sigma value is 1.9 (I think) when compared to NC's 2.2 (I think)

I think NC has 2.0, because the highest sigma in the game is Yamato's 2.1

My "Directory of Threads" <-- Various threads I've done you might find interesting, feel free to check it out!

​Most recent addition: USN Cruiser Split

RivertheRoyal #46 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:43 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostWackyMan157, on 11 March 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

NC's only goes up to 2.0, apparently. It's addressed in the review, I believe. 
River's Guide on Writing a Good Post—Required reading for some.

LittleWhiteMouse #47 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:46 AM

Captain

• WoWS Community Contributors
  • Members
    Beta Testers

1.9 sigma isn't a flaw.  The game's sigma values between battleships vary from 1.5 up to 2.1.

The_Sparrow #48 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

• Members

View PostLittleWhiteMouse, on 11 March 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

Manoeuvrability

Mouse what does this mean. I can't spell worth a crap but even I know this doesn't seem right. Other than that I loved the review thanks for the positivity.

"Don't be an idiot, changed my life" -Dwight Schrute

USS Alabama will come all is right in the universe.

"The fighter consumable is just a poor-man's defensive fire, hydro, and radar"-Forumist

Chobittsu #49 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Wasn't even aware this ship was in the game

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017
(Disclaimer: Isn't French, I just really like the Dunkerque and am pretty hyped for the Marine Nationale)

Sir_Orrin #50 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:06 AM

• Members

Great review LWM and Lert! I have visited the Alabama in real life, it's a beutiful ship. Hope it's fans will enjoy it. :)

Spoiler

Lert #51 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:08 AM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostThe_Sparrow, on 12 March 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

Mouse what does this mean.

It's Can-eh-dian.

I (make an attempt to) proofread Mouse's articles before she publishes. I keep pointing that monstrosity of a word out to her, but she keeps insisting it's right and proper.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

"Ik val aan, volg mij"

DarthDoge #52 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:08 AM

Captain

• Members

Flamu said it was trash so I can't get it, if any of my division mates ready up with Alabama I must leave/kick them from the division because Lord Flamu said so.. /s

RivertheRoyal #53 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:10 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostDarthDoge, on 11 March 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

Flamu said it was trash so I can't get it, if any of my division mates ready up with Alabama I must leave/kick them from the division because Lord Flamu said so.. /s

"Would you spare a moment to talk about our lord and saviour, Flamu?"

Captain_Dorja #54 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

The more I play this game, the less I trust Flamu. 

I get that the ship would be OP if it had the toughness that the actual SoDak class had, but it makes me sad that they're finally putting a SoDak in game, and it's glaring weakness is terrible protection. Those ships were known for being quite tough. Oh well I guess other ships have similar things about them - German BBs for example were known for generally being very accurate with their main battery guns. Obviously they should have the worst dispersion :P

I will have this boat when it comes out. As a New Englander, I was personally still pulling for USS Massachusetts, but as a Mainer, screw Massachusetts. I didn't want her anyway.

USN: DES MOINES, Lexington, Fletcher, Iowa, Albany, Clemson, Texas, Farragut, Cleveland, Arizona, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Saipan, Benson, N. Carolina, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

RivertheRoyal #55 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostCaptain_Dorja, on 11 March 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

The more I play this game, the less I trust Flamu. 

I get that the ship would be OP if it had the toughness that the actual SoDak class had, but it makes me sad that they're finally putting a SoDak in game, and it's glaring weakness is terrible protection. Those ships were known for being quite tough. Oh well I guess other ships have similar things about them - German BBs for example were known for generally being very accurate with their main battery guns. Obviously they should have the worst dispersion :P

I will have this boat when it comes out. As a New Englander, I was personally still pulling for USS Massachusetts, but as a Mainer, screw Massachusetts. I didn't want her anyway.

Don't get me wrong, Flamu's a good player, and I trust his knowledge of game mechanics and theory. I just don't like his attitude.

I know that I'll probably get the boat once I get a chance to. Alabama looks like a fun ride.  

Excield #56 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I'm torn about this ship. I really wanted it, but the opinions of it's citadel really turn me off. The prospect of getting devastated striked by a Yamato shooting through my bow to land all AP shells at my citadel.... *shudders*

Of course, besides the Yamato, pretty much any higher tier BB will see an Alabama as nothing but a free DMG pinata. Might as well be a large, super clumsy cruiser with big guns in their eyes.

Dammit WG. What the frig where those ST's doing?? I'm sure there was more than a bunch voices their opinions against such a large citadel on a BB at high tiers... On their defense, I can only hope that it was WG who ignored them.

Destroyer_Teruzuki #57 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:20 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

That citadel though... The extra TDS seems useful, but I don't normally find myself getting hit by torpedoes (when I play battleships). A little WASD goes a long way. I wonder if her citadel will be lowered like it was for the Iowa/Missouri & Montana? To my knowledge the South Dakota class had a similar citadel layout to the Iowa class.

"... this skill conceptually lowers one of existing "I'm helpless" [scenarios]. Such scenarios exist in the game, [and] we would like to lower their impact..." by punishing skilled plays.

Lert #58 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:23 AM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostExcield, on 12 March 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

Dammit WG. What the frig where those ST's doing??

All we can do is give feedback to go with our playtest data. It's up to WG what they do with that. Truth be told though, between her agility, her stealth, her AA and her firepower, if she had a waterline citadel she'd be OP.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

"Ik val aan, volg mij"

Excield #59 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:26 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostLert, on 12 March 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

All we can do is give feedback along with our playtest data. It's up to WG what they do with that. Truth be told though, between her agility, her stealth, her AA and her firepower, if she had a waterline citadel she'd be OP.

...So if you put a TDS of 50+ on an NC, the NC would be OP? You do realize that NC is superior to the Alabama in every way, except for the lesser TDS and turning abilities...

MrDeaf #60 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostLert, on 11 March 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

All we can do is give feedback to go with our playtest data. It's up to WG what they do with that. Truth be told though, between her agility, her stealth, her AA and her firepower, if she had a waterline citadel she'd be OP.

WG could just poke a hole in the citadel roof, like they do to NC.

This nice big hole here causes citadel hits quite frequently, I find.

What is the Torpedo Reload Booster and does it have a historical basis? http://forum.worldof...could-poses-it/

Sign me up for KTKM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users