Premium Ship Review: Alabama

Now with 40% less Rick Astley Alabama Premium Ship Review

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

HazeGrayUnderway #241 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostCybrSlydr, on 23 March 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

The only thing I would say to iChase is that the Alabama is really the first ship which has come out as premium that has had as many errors as it did.  When the Tirpitz came out, it was correctly modeled.  When the Indianapolis came out, it was designed properly, etc.  

And by designed properly, there were no glaring discrepancies between the way they were actually built versus the way they were modeled in-game as we saw with the South Dakota.

Tirpitz also had various improvements to her AA over time with WG.  I recall I used to fly my Tier VI bombers to Tirpitz and had zero respect for her AA.  Not anymore.  Still not amazing but it's decent now.  Other than players being derpy with Tirpitz, CVs were the real killers of her.  She handled her own fine against other BBs, Battleships, but that nonexistent AA made you worry about aircraft.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 23 March 2017 - 07:23 PM.

CybrSlydr #242 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 23 March 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Tirpitz also had various improvements to her AA over time with WG.  I recall I used to fly my Tier VI bombers to Tirpitz and had zero respect for her AA.  Not anymore.  Still not amazing but it's decent now.  Other than players being derpy with Tirpitz, CVs were the real killers of her.  She handled her own fine against other BBs, Battleships, but that nonexistent AA made you worry about aircraft.

Yes, but adjusting the DPS of a ship's AA is a far cry from missing hundreds of mm of armor from it's belt, citadel location, etc.

A comparable error would be if the Tirpitz was released without it's turtleback.

CybrSlydr:  The poster you love to hate so you feel better about yourself.

World of Warships:  Video Game version of "Who's Line?..." where the rules are made up and the history doesn't matter.

HazeGrayUnderway #243 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostCybrSlydr, on 23 March 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Yes, but adjusting the DPS of a ship's AA is a far cry from missing hundreds of mm of armor from it's belt, citadel location, etc.

A comparable error would be if the Tirpitz was released without it's turtleback.

It's just funny I thought.  I used to fly Ryujo's bombers back and forth OVER Tirpitz and not lose any planes :D  Of course can't do that anymore but you have to admit... That is hilarious.

I also remember that each time Tirpitz was getting those incremental AA upgrades by WG, people were saying things like, "Like she needs it."

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 23 March 2017 - 07:41 PM.

BossmanSlim #244 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 23 March 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Boss man, who posted your signature and where can I find it? :P

I don't remember and it would be inappropriate to share the name anyway.  I sure with enough search-fu, you can find it.

"wont pay crapanymore to wg.lot of orange is bad for business.stop giving win to the one you favor.potato need win to.otherwise no more potato in game" - fellow forum poster

ANDROMADA #245 Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:53 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I've been seeing some around on the battlewaters. How are they getting them, and how do I get one?

Phoenix_jz #246 Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:01 AM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostANDROMADA, on 24 March 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

I've been seeing some around on the battlewaters. How are they getting them, and how do I get one?

They're testers, the ship hasn't been released yet.

My "Directory of Threads" <-- Various threads I've done you might find interesting, feel free to check it out!

​Most recent addition: USN Cruiser Split

Taichunger #247 Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostRaptor_alcor, on 16 March 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

You do know that fear you have mentioned in your first sentence is completely possible with the iowa/missouri and montana yeah? Also in what world is there ever a dev that listens to complaints from testers and impliments EVERYTHING, especially when that alteration would turn the ship from strong to blatent P2W level OP. 

That didn't stop them with Belfast, did it?

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) End split spawn maps 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users