28 replies to this topic

mous1 #1 Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I don't really have one I love the Germans and us but have not tried ijn yet

In_Cog_Neato #2 Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:32 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Let me see, I am tier 6 with the IJN (got past that in Beta) Tier 7 with the USN, and tier 6 with the Germans.

the most fun, so far = Japanese.  Why? Speed of the BB (Kongo is fun, use it to kill enemy CA) (Get a Kongo line started, in match, and pile it on...) Decent aim  with the Fuso, you should Cit a lot.

Next Fun, probably the Germans.  Why? Good shooting, and decent speed/can maneuver.

The US are hard.  Try a Colorado, and get placed in a crummy spawn location. Spend the next 5+ minutes getting to the battle. The speed is so terrible.  Maneuver? Yeah, no. Always use the Speed Trials flag on these.  Can't wait for the North Carolina.  Maneuver wrong in a Colo, and be out of the battle.

Oddly, the New Mex acts better than the Colo.  Guess the speed is less an issue 1 tier lower.  The South Carolina I kept, cause it is fun to play.

CLUCH_CARGO #3 Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

German Line for me is the most fun.... Followed by the USA..... Then  IJN .... Germany has the best maneuvering and good accurate guns.......USA Is the best!!! Why? I am a Biased corn-fed Midwestern American.........IJN the turrets turn to slow but the range and power are almost unmatched. 

the_majestic_eagle #4 Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

The USN line is solid all around imo (except for stock Colorado, it hurts stock. Once she is fully upgraded though, she can be an absolute blast to play.) North cal is amazing and Iowa is even a step up from that

I haven't had time to grind down Germans yet but I have tirpitz and I assume Bismarck plays very similarly so I will say that tirpitz is a lot of fun to play.

As for Japanese, I've totally stalled there, I'm at fuso and just don't want to pick it up for a while (Myogi and Kongo left a bad taste in my mouth)

SireneRacker #5 Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

Captain

• Members

IJN line without any doubt

You get good guns and acceptable speed while being able to compensate for the weaker armor.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #6 Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Using the Konig now which has the same tactics as Kaise online improved. Trick with ships like Iaiser is to look at the map at start of the battle where you spawned and where you need to travel and to get all your Turrets pointed to one side or the other so they will be read to broadside the enemy hence the need to plan ahead because Turrets move pretty slow but it you are prepared for broadsiding enemy it packs great punch that blankets enemy in shells and then reloads quickly. Secondary short range guns are good too.

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #7 Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostSireneRacker, on 11 March 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

IJN line without any doubt

You get good guns and acceptable speed while being able to compensate for the weaker armor.

Yes my Kongo has taken unbelievable punishment and survived all the while being able to keep fighting.

SireneRacker #8 Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostAdmiral_Thrawn_1, on 11 March 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

Yes my Kongo has taken unbelievable punishment and survived all the while being able to keep fighting.

I am at the Amagi at the moment and she combines great speed, insane firepower (she outguns all the T9 BBs) and somewhat decent armor. Only thing she doesn't have is AA but that can be compensated with a Cruiser.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

ckupf #9 Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Germans > IJN > USN

WanderingGhost #10 Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

If I get help - Germany. Armour and secondary for brawling, decent speed, and capable of ruining a DD's day. If they aren't focused down because they get no support.

Without support, USN, still good brawlers but better range accuracy when I'm forced to sit back and lob shells from range because everyone else is afraid to get their paint scratched and push the enemy. And has good armour unlike most IJN ships. 

Lionel92 #11 Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

• Beta Testers

I have the Yamato, Iowa (Montana researched) and Bismarck (Friedrich researched)

If you want to lolpen even when others not broadside; go IJN

You want blazing secondary guns and brawling; go German

You want to be fast, accurate guns en very good AA; go American

Commander of [VOC] Dutch Pirates

~Qua Patet Orbis~  - As far as the World Extends

• Mostly plays battleships, especially high-tier and is excellent in them
    • Deals an above average amount of damage
    • Key vehicle - Iowa
    • Source: Warships.today

Wowzery #12 Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Each has their strengths and weaknesses.  But what I find, is the IJN line has the best guns, and weakest armor, USN is average in both guns and armor, while the German line has the best armor, but weakest guns.

Personally I enjoy the USN line the best.  I can go from sniping to brawling without a problem and once you learn where to hit German BBs, their armor isn't anything special.

_Lord_Scott_ #13 Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

• Members

I don't own any BB's ..... Spend my pounds On The Royal Navy.....  Cruisers to Be Exact....... However Most of my Friends say The USN has the Best BB's Followed by The German Line..... With the exception of One Friend Who Is working the IJN for the Yamato..... Says The Line is Mediocre So far, nothing to write his Mum about. I will wait for the RN BB's..... NOT HOLDING BREATH.......

Edited by _Lord_Scott_, 12 March 2017 - 07:00 AM.

aethervox #14 Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

I'd have to say the Ijn line as I want to play historical WW2 ships as opposed to the blueprint ones & the Yamato is one of the historical ones.

MassiveSalvo #15 Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:52 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Postmous1, on 11 March 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

I don't really have one I love the Germans and us but have not tried ijn yet

Grinded to the tier9 German and it's not as good as the Bismark. Though Since I'm almost at the Kurfurst I will finish it off. I have played the Tier6 IJN and it's slow ROF but has a buttload of guns. I hear so much about the Nagato and it's ability to snipe out Cruisers and smaller targets. German Dispersion is rather sad soo..but their is rarely a citadel on one and they have great secondaries with torps on the tier7. Tirptiz/Sharn/Bismark seem fun!

The US BBs I come up against just lag, with speed. The NC seems interesting... I hear they make great snipers and brawlers around the Colorado. 

When I'm in my German I never fear facing an IJN if I don't have to dodge his teammates. I merely tank him and citadel him. The US BB can Brawl with me but he has to be a good player to outplay me. Usually this may end in a ram if we get close enough and one sees the tide turning!

Matthewl419 #16 Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I prefer to play USN, but I would have to go with German for the best.

USN: St Louis, Langley, Farragut, Cleveland, New Mexico, Pensacola, Ranger,New Orleans,  Iowa, Montana.   German: G-101, V-170, T-22, Bayern, Gneisenau, Hipper.   IJN: Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Fuso, Ryujo, Akatsuki, Nagato, Kagero.   RN: Leander.   Russian: Gnevny, Budyonny.   French: Friant.

Premium: Tachibana, Mikasa, Smith, Albany, Emden, Katori, (Classic)Kamikaze R, Texas, Graf Spee, Southern Dragon. 

Arpeggio: ARP Kongo, ARP Kirishima, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Myoko, ARP Haguro, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao.

Other Stuff:

Aorangi #17 Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

Seaman

• Members

I have played the USN down to the NC, the IJN to the Nagato, and barely touched the German line (Kasier). I liked the American BB's through the Colorado, while the NC has been a bit of a headache for me. I liked the Fuso and the Kawachi, but I didn't enjoy the Kongo or the Myogi and as of this writing, the only good thing I can say on the Nagato, is the secondaries are pretty good and her armor is pretty good as well.
My ranking: USN, IJN, then German.
  • Mostly plays battleships, especially medium-tier
  • Deals a below average amount of damage
  • Very often finishes damaged enemies
  • Extremely rarely uses torpedoes
  • Key vehicle - Yorck

Umikami #18 Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Russian, starting with Khab, and continuing through Moskva.

Psycodiver #19 Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I love the USN line because it rewards good players, a combination of decent armor and punchy guns makes her good at wrecking other ships. The KM line is my very close next favorite, amongst idiot proof play style although the guns are noticably weaker than USN and IJN. Lost but certainly not least it's the IJN, good guns, but soft targets though they have the range and speed to mitigate damage but unfortunately encourages chia-sniping tomatoes

SirTigAlot #20 Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:18 AM

Seaman

• Members

used to be USA, but now..  no way..  nerf bat gone wild.. now German.. or ign..  T9 and T10 BB's are a joke..  getting worse all the time.

tried.. CV..  yeah Joke..  wth..  seems like the more they do the more the game declines...  Atlanta,   lead to heaven to hit anything,,  NC..  clumsy slow shells...  Iowa,  less armor then Bayern REALLY!!!  come on..  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users