More News for Carrier UI Controls

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

AdmiralMudkip #1 Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Changes to aircraft carriers:
-New carrier controls are implemented (set to off by default)
-Left mouse click won’t deselect the planes
-If nothing is in the frame, then the frame selected won’t reset
-Esc key will deselect planes (Both carrier and planes locked)
-Alt attacks can be done by both left mouse click and right mouse click
-If you have planes selected with the left mouse click, secondary guns priority can be selected by using the right mouse click.
-Right mouse click can cancel the autopilot
-Tier IV and V will have Alt attack removed
-Fighters can now Alt attack in order to disengage from dogfights
-Carrier planes will no longer return to the carrier if the carrier is sunk after carrying out their last given orders
-The carrier camera view will now show capture circles instead of buoys

This is not the major CV rework, it’s just the interface change to make it look like the starcraft control interface.

BlailBlerg #2 Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

yay Starcraft 

caveat, Starcraft UI is precise but very difficult to the avg gamer and worse for non-moba non-rts players. 

Edited by BlailBlerg, 11 March 2017 - 01:28 AM.

_Bunyan_ #3 Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

Seaman

• Members

well that is a bunch of crap!

no more seal clubbing in my langley

Falls_USMC #4 Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:35 AM

Ensign

• Members

I have extremely limited experience in CVs, but I'm glad they aren't forgotten and WG is at least trying new things. From my (limited) time in them, these changes all seem to be positive. Especially the deselecting planes. That always drove me batty. 

Be Slow To Anger and Deliberate of Action. 

However, When Moved to Violence, Strike Hard and Win at all Costs.

Chobittsu #5 Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:53 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Wait, which Starcraft? I only ever played the first one. Closest I got to SCII was playing Overwatch as D.Va

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #6 Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:02 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

So I guess that AS Bouge might be the most effective way to use it after that update. :hiding:

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

Aduial #7 Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostAdmiralMudkip, on 10 March 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Great, now the CV population will drop even further. New CV players are going to play the T4-5 CVs, and decide that they are not worth it. It is honestly way too hard to hit the small and nimble low tier ships without manual drops. 

I honestly don't even know what they're thinking. Manual attacks are the only things that keep CVs playable, but they decide to remove them "because seal-clubbing is too common". So seal-clubbing in destroyers, battleships, and cruisers is OK, while seal-clubbing in carriers must be stopped at all costs? 

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami,  Clemson, T8 Fubuki, Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

Reymu #8 Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

Commander

• Members

I hope I can adapt to it. De-selecting planes sometimes bothered me, but I was so used to it that even pre-planned my button presses before launching the sortie.

Loss of manual on T4-5 just means more likelihood of T6 newbie CVs. Mad of WG to make them pay just to appease everyone miffed at the CV veterans seal-clubbing where AA is balanced.

Always down for helping anyone learn. Hands-on guy, so I'll division with ya and observe how you're handling your ship. Click orange contacts button, use search bar for player's name, and right-click to add.

GuntherPrein #9 Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAduial, on 11 March 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

Great, now the CV population will drop even further. New CV players are going to play the T4-5 CVs, and decide that they are not worth it. It is honestly way too hard to hit the small and nimble low tier ships without manual drops.

I honestly don't even know what they're thinking. Manual attacks are the only things that keep CVs playable, but they decide to remove them "because seal-clubbing is too common". So seal-clubbing in destroyers, battleships, and cruisers is OK, while seal-clubbing in carriers must be stopped at all costs?

Yes only CV players seal club don't you know that and making BB dodge torps is impossible cause u can drop 1 km away and might hit them with 2 torps and that is unfair and should honestly be removed completely or make torpedoes slower and do less damage and give warning to BB players that CV is targeting you 30 seconds in advance and auto dodge should be standard so unaware players don't get hit by planes while sitting there fighting other ships halfway across the map also BB should allways oneshot DD and CL even from 16 km away easily. ONLY CV ARE SEALCLUBBING STOP THIS MADNESS WG STOP IT RIGHT NOW

GuntherPrein #10 Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAduial, on 11 March 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

To answer your Q yes it is ok to seal club in DD or BB or CL that is skill but when I sink 6 ships in my hiryu do 250 000 damage 40 planes shot down and still lose Hard to other team even though I got first blood from sinking enemy CV that means my ship is OP very OP cause I lost do you understand

Flashtirade #11 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

At this point I can no longer tell what is sarcasm and what isn't

Aduial #12 Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:10 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostGuntherPrein, on 11 March 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

Yes only CV players seal club don't you know that and making BB dodge torps is impossible cause u can drop 1 km away and might hit them with 2 torps and that is unfair and should honestly be removed completely or make torpedoes slower and do less damage and give warning to BB players that CV is targeting you 30 seconds in advance and auto dodge should be standard so unaware players don't get hit by planes while sitting there fighting other ships halfway across the map also BB should allways oneshot DD and CL even from 16 km away easily. ONLY CV ARE SEALCLUBBING STOP THIS MADNESS WG STOP IT RIGHT NOW

View PostGuntherPrein, on 11 March 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

To answer your Q yes it is ok to seal club in DD or BB or CL that is skill but when I sink 6 ships in my hiryu do 250 000 damage 40 planes shot down and still lose Hard to other team even though I got first blood from sinking enemy CV that means my ship is OP very OP cause I lost do you understand

No, I honestly don't understand because posts with zero punctuation and grammar are very hard to read. I don't mean to offend you, but you should really try to make your posts a bit more clear. I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or not. 

Edited by Aduial, 12 March 2017 - 04:11 AM.

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami,  Clemson, T8 Fubuki, Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

andredr #13 Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I have a question about this "ALT attack" for disagaging your fighters against others fighters.  How do you do that%?  I have a Ranger and I've tried this:

1. choose fighters 3

2. click on ALT

3. Try to send them at another place

But this doesn't work.  They are still fighting the other fighter.

What am I doing wrong.

thank you

andre

Shoukaku_Kai_Ni #14 Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postandredr, on 13 April 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

I have a question about this "ALT attack" for disagaging your fighters against others fighters.  How do you do that%?  I have a Ranger and I've tried this:

1. choose fighters 3

2. click on ALT

3. Try to send them at another place

But this doesn't work.  They are still fighting the other fighter.

What am I doing wrong.

thank you

andre

Hold alt and then click, it should be a strafe out.

Unicum in CVs, CAs, DDs

Earned Shoukaku's camo via rank 1 (doubloons) in season 4!

andredr #15 Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

thank you very much!

Will try today

andre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users