Would you like to see an Exit Zone for ships to run away when useless or beaten?

Exit Surrender Poll

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Add Exit Zone to allow useless ships to leave battle? (151 members have cast votes)

Should a carrier with no planes be allowed to exit the map as set forth below?

1. Yes (15 votes [9.87%])

Percentage of vote: 9.87%

2. Yes but only through the map edge behind its spawn (24 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

3. No (113 votes [74.34%])

Percentage of vote: 74.34%

Should any ship with very low hit points be allowed to exit the map as set forth below?

1. Yes (14 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Yes but only through the map edge behind its spawn (14 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. No (126 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

Should the last few ships on a side in a lopsided battle (7 to 3 or worse) be allowed to exit the map as set forth below?

1. Yes (19 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Yes but only through the map edge behind its spawn (17 votes [11.18%])

Percentage of vote: 11.18%

3. No (116 votes [76.32%])

Percentage of vote: 76.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

MiraclesHappen #1 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Suggested idea, add an "Exit" zone in certain conditions to let a player out of a battle early.

Same would work like this.

IF one of the following conditions is met,
1) you're ship is under X% of its hit points (say 10-30%)

2) You are a carrier with no planes left

3) Red outnumbers Blue by greater than 2 to 1 AND there are 3 or less Blue ships

THEN when you drive into a side wall of the game, it triggers a "Do You Wish To Retire From Battle?"

IF you hit yes, then a timer begins, the length of which varies by the side of the map you are exiting from.

The base time to exit would be X seconds (20-30?) during which your ship would slide along the edge of the map normally.

The time to escape is 3x Higher from the enemy side of the map (or perhaps simply impossible)

The time to escape 2x Higher from a neutral side of the map.

Friendly, neutral and enemy sides of the map would be based on the orientation of your fleet at game start, friendly being directly behind that orientation, enemy directly ahead and neutral any other side.

IF the following occurs, the timer is cancelled and must be retriggered to begin a new.

1) You leave the edge of the map.

2) You take a new gun, torpedo bomb, or ram hit from an enemy (friendly fire will not trigger).

3) You hit Cancel on the timer.

IF the timer runs out, your ship leaves the field, all players get a notice (An enemy/friendly ship has left the battle), and the enemy team gets a score for killing your ship (but  your team does not lose score for losing you). If you were the last ship on your side, the enemy wins by destroying all enemy warships.

Your repair cost is that of any damage sustained.

WHY?

To avoid having players sitting around with nearly useless ships or being forced to drag out a losing fight if they don't feel like it. Also may benefit your team to get your sinking butt off the field to save some score.

To add "realistic" out come of a beaten enemy fleeing the field.

To speed victory rather than forcing a tedious hunting of that last enemy destroyer.

Also side option  - credit a kill for the fleeing ship to the closest enemy

Edited by MiraclesHappen, 10 March 2017 - 02:20 PM.

Raven114 #2 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

:facepalm:

pewpewpew42 #3 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

No. Finishing ships is part of the fun. Especially if you've spanked them earlier in the match.
light.png

AVR_Project #4 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

"Our Team Depends upon You"...

as the little arrow show up with RD detecting you.

As long as I breathe, I will never surrender to those ugly, filthy, disgusting RED players....    NEVER.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

TTK_Aegis #5 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

But keeping a 10 HP battleship in the fight by withdrawing to long range and firing only after going undetected or finding an island to hug and still fighting (and even sinking) enemy ships without being killed for points is part of the fun. Heck I've had several fights where me denying the enemy the kill points on my barely floating battleship was what let us win on points. 

Or going for a ram in a hopeless fight. Why would you ever want to run when there's zero benefit to it? You're just denying yourself more damage scored or potential damage avoided or tanked. 

Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 #6 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Or how about you finish what you started...

Reasons why that idea is less then smart:

It will cost you the same whether you live or die

the fight isn't over just cause you got hit hard.

you dont know that you cant still win.

youre part of a team..buck up and help those who are still alive.

Seriously ?

What the heck is wrong with accepting a loss and taking it like a "insert your gender here".

Slammer58 #7 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostMiraclesHappen, on 10 March 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

To avoid having players sitting around with nearly useless ships or being forced to drag out a losing fight if they don't feel like it.

If they don't feel like it?  :facepalm:   When a player hits that Battle button they should be in the game 100% to win (excepting RL emergencies/issues) and at the very least to fight to the last ship for the Green team :izmena:

mohawkdriver #8 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

Commander

• Members

What a stupid idea.  0/0

Moto24 #9 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

No, but I was just think about this the other day, would be interesting to see supply ships that can give you limited repair and limited consumables. Only thing is it might drag battles out.

nina_blain_73 #10 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

no snowflakes allowed in WoWs, suck it up and take the hits dude

BATTLESHIP BABES

BB: Mikasa. Konig Albert, Kawachi, South Carolina, Wyoming, Imperator Nikolai, Myogi, Arizona, Texas,ARP Haruna, ARP, Hiei, ARP Kirishima, New York, Gneisnau, Warspite, New Mexico, Colorado, HOOD, Alabama, North Carolina, Tirpitz, Iowa, Missouri, Montana  CL: Diana, Emden, Caledon, Murmansk, Kuma, Nuremberg, KirovAdmiral Graf Spee, ARP Haguro,  ARP Myoko, Atlanta, Pensacola, Indianapolis    DD: Smith, Tachibana, Campbeltown, V-170, Minekaze, Kamikaze, Okhotnik, Gnevny,  Blyskawica, Gearing

RipNuN2 #11 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

Commander

• Members

No, we dont need to see a shameful display of the enemy leaving the field. This would also deprive players of rewards on both teams. Even a carrier without planes can be useful. I had a match where our cv was out of planes but cleverly hid in a cap behind an island and capped it in a close game for the win while we kept the enemy busy.

MiraclesHappen #12 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Just to clarify, this would be OPTIONAL. So if you just think its funner, or if you're misguided ideology equates game playing with the validity of your reproductive capability then by all means don't run.

This would be for those who would prefer to spare their team the points lost when their useless ship is sunk, or those who do not want to waste time in their life to sit around waiting for the enemy to sink them.

Edited by MiraclesHappen, 10 March 2017 - 02:54 PM.

StingRayOne #13 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

here is a better idea

join the contest, get the gold and keep sinking ships

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/118037-contest-for-6000-gold-and-support-the-uso/page__pid__2863504__st__20#entry2863504

Sting Ray One's Avatars Alive Here

My You Tube Channel       "YouTubeWest"    www.youtubewest.com       contact@youtubewest.com 

This channel has movies, military,satire, a news show and a entertainment show

Naval Historian, Government Worker and former maritime person on San Francisco Bay                                                    

DoomStomper #14 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postnina_blain_73, on 10 March 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

no snowflakes allowed in WoWs, suck it up and take the hits dude

This particular Snowflake voted 'no' on everything, and would prefer not to be lumped in with the likes of the OP! :trollface:

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

Stauffenberg44 #15 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I instantly saw a plethora of *no* coming in on this and was not mistaken. Hunting down the walking wounded for HP scores is part of the fun... as is avoiding it if you are the hunted. On a few occasions it does get irksome in seeing a battle prolonged for no good result but still not enough to want your proposition.

A toast--to our ships at sea !

Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 #16 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostMiraclesHappen, on 10 March 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

This would be for those who would prefer to spare their team the points lost when their useless ship is sunk, or those who do not want to waste time in their life to sit around waiting for the enemy to sink them.

Dude seriously....

Just go do co-op.

I can't tell you the number of times i have gone low but still managed to do damage and/or win a game.

If you dont want to waste your or my time at end of game simply drive towards (not away) the enemy...regardless if this costs your team ...simply sailing off to the sunset is 400% worse.

GrandAdmiral_2016 #17 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Sink 'em all! Been sunk on the losing end so many times I've lost count!

TheStarSlayer #18 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

The trolling implications alone boggles the mind and that is just one facet of the terribleness.

My Warship Skins (Mostly Historical) Ships available: 

MikasaFusō, Nagato, Amagi, Zeonic ShimakazeArkansas β, Texas, BogueIndependence, SaipanRanger, Saratoga, König Albert, Leander, Minotaur

Latest:  Sweet Home Alabama

StrixKitty #19 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Beta Testers

View PostAVR_Project, on 10 March 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

"Our Team Depends upon You"...

as the little arrow show up with RD detecting you.

As long as I breathe, I will never surrender to those ugly, filthy, disgusting RED players....    NEVER.

Never to the reds! Never!

Kriegsmarine Forum Kitty

Details on Computers:

Wowzery #20 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

Commander

• Members

I've seen carriers without planes run into battle and take a beating allowing the rest of the team to regroup, and counter attack.  Its amazing how players will focus on certain ships, a carrier is one of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users