What do you do when enemy boat decide to clung up the whole game

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

icepac_hero #1 Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Hi guys,

Played 2 CV game yesterday and in both of them there was not 1 isolated ships the whole game.

Even destroyer were staying put, close to Cruisers / BB...

Kinda makes it impossible to do any plane runs / bomb drops

What do you guys do when that happens ?

CapnCappy #2 Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Lose. Seriously, I've called that out in games.

"Everybody, we're in a standard game."

"No need to leave cap."

" Everybody. EVERYBODY! get into cap and support each other with AA."

We win if they listen.

Edited by CapnCappy, 09 March 2017 - 05:26 PM.

CapnCappy's PC build

CapnCappy Stats

Patchy the Pirate says - "When we be seein' Russian battleships and carriers? I hears they can fly an shoot laser beams."

pewpewpew42 #3 Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Go after their CV. This won't work as well for T8+.

light.png

RipNuN2 #4 Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

Commander

• Members

if they are really bunched up , launch torp spreads from farther out, you are likely to hit some of the ships since they cant manuever as much and might force them to spread out more. This can also force some to show broadside to your teammates if you launch from the right angle.

Edited by RipNuN2, 09 March 2017 - 03:59 PM.

cometguy #5 Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

In that case, I provide spotting for my team for a while. AA guns can be knocked out, and it will get weaker as the game goes on. If the enemy team is getting the better of the exchange, then I tend to accept that it's time to start taking the beating. I try to identify a ship that is really hurting our team, and formulate a plan to strike them, even if it means losing all of my planes. Sometimes there's not a lot you can do, but not a lot can still make the difference.

Edited by cometguy, 09 March 2017 - 05:14 PM.

Palladia #6 Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postcometguy, on 09 March 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

In that case, I provide spotting for my team for a while. AA guns can be knocked out, and it will get weaker as the game goes on. If the enemy team is getting the better of the exchange, then I tend to accept that it's time to start taking the beating. I try to identify a ship that is really hurting our team, and formulate a plan to strike them, even if it means losing all of my planes. Sometimes there's not a lot you can do, but not a lot can still make the difference.

And this is about it.  Not much else you can do.  Unfortunately CV's are the only one who have this issue sooo...smart gameplay can completely shut us down.

byebye360 #7 Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostPalladia, on 09 March 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

And this is about it.  Not much else you can do.  Unfortunately CV's are the only one who have this issue sooo...smart gameplay can completely shut us down.

And smart gameplay from 1 CV can shut down 4-5 other ships in a 1 vs remains of the other team situation.

cometguy #8 Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postbyebye360, on 09 March 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

And smart gameplay from 1 CV can shut down 4-5 other ships in a 1 vs remains of the other team situation.

Those would have to be some very bad players. There's no reason not to advance on the CV, and the cv's rate of fire would be no where near sufficient to keep so many competent ships at bay.

Palladia #9 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postbyebye360, on 09 March 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

Comet beat me to it,  but yeah,  no.  Doesn't work that way.  Two minute turn arounds or more combined with heavy AA or even ships with low AA just sticking together means this doesn't happen.  Unless you are talking T4 or 5 before AA ramps up?  Ooorrrr the end of the fight when ships are almost dead so a well played CV can just finish off the remaining ships...like any other ship in the game?

Not that it matters,  I can tell just from the way you're talking that you've either never played a CV or not gotten past T5.

StoneRhino #10 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Spotting lots and lots of spotting and long range tb drops.

Reymu #11 Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Happened before in Hiryu and Shokaku. Once in a while see it in Taiho.

Spot with fighters, keep DB and TB ready for a viable target (from checking AA ratings before battle), and wait. Eventually a few of the enemy team will get impatient and strike out.

Had 3- and 4-kill matches before simply because I wait for a good target (like a Yammy) to pop out before pouncing with my bombers. Force him to broadside with TB, hit with a few torps, and if necessary finish off with DB.

If nothing else, keep them spotted. Let your teammates wear them down.

And of course, laugh at them for needing so much AA carry.

Always down for helping anyone learn. Hands-on guy, so I'll division with ya and observe how you're handling your ship. Click orange contacts button, use search bar for player's name, and right-click to add.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users