Playing as a Team...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Pete_the_Skunkman #1 Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:22 AM

Seaman

• Members

Hi!

Ok...so far playing this game...I have observed in a lot of my battles a LACK of team work.

My last two battles, I was left defending the cap in the terrible Myogi...

I have tried my best too give support for my team....and yes I do make my fair share of mistakes.

Every time I ask for a plan...I get the usual [edited], which isn't helpful.

I've noticed that most player don't even pay attention too the map...it's there for a reason.

If there is a teammate calling out for help, look at the map and you may find that most of the enemy team is there!

In short...let's try and play like a team...unless you like too lose ever other game....

tcbaker777 #2 Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:25 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostPete_the_Skunkman, on 08 March 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Hi!

Ok...so far playing this game...I have observed in a lot of my battles a LACK of team work.

My last two battles, I was left defending the cap in the terrible Myogi...

I have tried my best too give support for my team....and yes I do make my fair share of mistakes.

Every time I ask for a plan...I get the usual [edited], which isn't helpful.

I've noticed that most player don't even pay attention too the map...it's there for a reason.

If there is a teammate calling out for help, look at the map and you may find that most of the enemy team is there!

In short...let's try and play like a team...unless you like too lose ever other game....

I'll let you in on a little secret buddy cause you seem new, asking for your team to work together in this game is basically like talking to a brick wall, now some players will listen but for the most part, brick wall

Edited by tcbaker777, 09 March 2017 - 02:28 AM.

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

Pulicat #3 Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

Commander

• Members

Work with your team, don't ask them to work with you.

Royckbell #4 Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:41 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostPulicat, on 09 March 2017 - 02:28 AM, said:

Work with your team, don't ask them to work with you.

Right, that's the only way to get teamwork. And if you dislike their gameplay play only for you.
Spoiler

Syntasia #5 Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:46 AM

Seaman

• Members

For the most part just assume anyone below tier 6 is brain dead or selfish. Tier 5 is where people start to realise they have to stop screwing around and start working together, and tier 6 is when they really get into teamplay. Hell, it took me till tier 7 to stop being an idiotic IJN Cruiser who thinks that I'm still supposed to knife fight
(Un)Official Mascot of clan [SPUDS] Super Potato Unicum Death Squad.

Prushn #6 Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Watch your team and see where they plan to concentrate and help the best you can. Also never lose sight of the back door. Protect what you've gained.

Clan: [KRG] KRIEGSMASCHINE-Divisioned with JochenHeiden. Good times!

KAISER, SCHARNHORST, GNEISENAU, BISMARCK 

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #7 Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:37 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I find that people who are in divisions and some people with clan tags are much more willing to work as a team.

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

Pete_the_Skunkman #8 Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:36 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostSyntasia, on 08 March 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

For the most part just assume anyone below tier 6 is brain dead or selfish. Tier 5 is where people start to realise they have to stop screwing around and start working together, and tier 6 is when they really get into teamplay. Hell, it took me till tier 7 to stop being an idiotic IJN Cruiser who thinks that I'm still supposed to knife fight

I'm in tier 5 BB's right now...and I had a few games where some form of team work is showing...but that is rare.

Plus I see the usual Blame Game when it all falls apart.

Again I try my best too support the team....

Mfezi #9 Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostPete_the_Skunkman, on 09 March 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

I'm in tier 5 BB's right now...and I had a few games where some form of team work is showing...but that is rare.

Plus I see the usual Blame Game when it all falls apart.

Again I try my best too support the team....

I'm playing Tier 9 and the problem with lack of teamwork still persists. As for calling for help or sending an SOS, forget it - this is abused by so many childish players that most tend to ignore any pleas for assistance. Team players will notice your plight on the minimap and help if they can!....

Pete_the_Skunkman #10 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostPrushn, on 08 March 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Watch your team and see where they plan to concentrate and help the best you can. Also never lose sight of the back door. Protect what you've gained.

I try too...but it can be difficult sometimes.

Prushn #11 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostPete_the_Skunkman, on 09 March 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

I try too...but it can be difficult sometimes.

Agreed, it can. Especially if you stay zoomed in too much. I have to remind myself to keep scanning the map.

Clan: [KRG] KRIEGSMASCHINE-Divisioned with JochenHeiden. Good times!

KAISER, SCHARNHORST, GNEISENAU, BISMARCK 

Pete_the_Skunkman #12 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:48 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostMfezi, on 09 March 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

I'm playing Tier 9 and the problem with lack of teamwork still persists. As for calling for help or sending an SOS, forget it - this is abused by so many childish players that most tend to ignore any pleas for assistance. Team players will notice your plight on the minimap and help if they can!....

And this what makes the other team look good.

My latest battle was good, because we worked together.

Posted the video on the WoWS's replay site.

Sabot_100 #13 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Herding Cats would be a good analogy for getting team play in low tiers. Most people seem to think seem to think someone is not being a team player when they won't follow them into a hopeless situation. 6-on-2 is not much better than 6-on-1.

Are there good guides for what good team play is? Team play and lemming trains are not the same thing. You are never going to get the same level of team play in random as you do in ranked so what strategies work when you have only part of the "team" on board.  It also will depend on what ships you have in your "team". Have to play to their strengths.

twitch133 #14 Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Making a play and expecting your team to work with you is not the definition of teamwork. Not unless you are in a pivotal role in a pre-assembled, permanent roster team. Say a quarterback on a football team.

Seeing what you team is doing, and responding accordingly... That is teamwork.

Intel 4790K : ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 : EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW3 : 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw X : Samsung 850 Evo : Asus PG279Q G-Sync

Adrenaline Rush has finally allowed me to become Obi-Wan. "If you strike me down. I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

"I fear nothing. All is as RNG wills it"

bullittmcqueen #15 Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

There are two possible scenarios here:

1. Use the chat; suggests plays; hope to God your friendly ships play along and it all comes together.

2. Everyone ignores you or does the opposite (much more likely) and you have to carry the heaviest backpack of all time to win. 

Never, I mean never, depend on randoms. You may as well go into every game expecting to have to carry your team to victory (sounds a lot like ranked doesn't it). Playing in a division with dependable players is the only advantage you can hope for.

ArcDeath #16 Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

• Members

Team play???? What is that? The majority of immature clowns who play this game do not even have the ability to understand the concept. They would rather be vulgar, play for themselves, or just hide and let others do the dirty work. NOW, some of us really appreciate teamwork and love to play it. We also win more games. Try using the compliment setting for those doing a good job of teamwork and the plays poorly  for those who are not good players. Enjoy the team players and ignore the others by disabling their chat and all

BB3_Oregon_Steel #17 Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:19 AM

• Members

View PostPrushn, on 09 March 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

Very true.  

I doesn't hurt to advance a plan, maybe you will get a couple of other ships to go along with you.  That can make a difference as the team who has more people working together tends to end up winning. You can also achieve this if someone else offers a plan that makes sense and you support them with your own play.  The idea is to get as many people on the same page as possible.  

If none of this happens, then you're left with simply looking at what other players are doing and deciding how you can act to best secure the victory.  Often this leads you to move with the other ships and helping them concentrate firepower.  On other occasions, if everyone is forming a lemming train to the side and leaving the base you absolutely positively have to control to win, then that support may be to stay closer to the cap so you can defend it if necessary while still doing all you can to support the other players.  

The bottom line is, the more people you have pulling in the same direction, the better your chances are.  If none of this works, your best bet is to pray the enemy team is as messed up as yours is.  Sometimes that will be the case.   

BB3_Oregon_Steel #18 Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:27 AM

• Members

View PostAdmiral_Franz_von_Hipper, on 09 March 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

I find that people who are in divisions and some people with clan tags are much more willing to work as a team.

Also very true.  

Players in divisions tend to (not always) work together which creates a core of organization in the middle of the chaos that can occur in Random battles.  If the two are used to working together, this works even better and the division can form the hammer that drives the nail into the enemy's coffin.  Anything that helps promote players working together significantly increases your chances or victory.  

I also saw a comment above of forgetting about finding organization and team players in tiers below 5 or 6.  I'd say that when you manage to create an island of organization at those tiers, it can become even more effective than in upper tiers where, presumably, more players understand the need to work together.  A competent division in those tiers can make a significant difference in whether you win or lose.  

HMCS_Devilfish #19 Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:40 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I play team play in my Cruisers supporting DDs in the cap at the beging of game then trying to keep the DDs off the BBs
Asking a Question leads to .... make a point of saying lets go C better cover or lets go A its closer or lets spit 50-50 East West but be prepared to defend base, these are good tactics depending on situation , step up take charge be a leader, its not always recieved well but its so much better than asking a Question

Pete_the_Skunkman #20 Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostHMCS_Devilfish, on 10 March 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

I play team play in my Cruisers supporting DDs in the cap at the beging of game then trying to keep the DDs off the BBs
Asking a Question leads to .... make a point of saying lets go C better cover or lets go A its closer or lets spit 50-50 East West but be prepared to defend base, these are good tactics depending on situation , step up take charge be a leader, its not always recieved well but its so much better than asking a Question

Good point there.

I fined that a small three ship group (DD,CA and BB) can do significant damage too the enemy.

But in my last game (replay posted on the WoWS Replay site) we could have won the game if the CA dealt with the one shot DD, while I dealt with the Low health CA and BB.

Which I finished off...could have won us the game....

Nope...Defeat snatches Victory from us....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users