Grinding the IJN CVs

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Aduial #21 Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostStoneRhino, on 09 March 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

That's just a worse case scenario but anyone who knows half way how to strafe can throw up pics of swatting air groups from the sky.  Also that one just happened to be in my imgur from a discussion about strafing a while ago.  Still a bad mechanic.

Just like anybody that is half-decent at aiming can put up a pic of himself deleting a cruiser in a battleship, and anybody that plays a DD a pic of himself deleting a battleship with his torpedoes? People playing bad and getting punished by a certain mechanic doesn't mean that the mechanic itself is flawed. 

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami, Myoko, Clemson, T8 Fubuki (sadly, the T6 Fubuki doesn't feel quite as good), Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

My topics: Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

StoneRhino #22 Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

What evidence would it take to show you strafe is a broken mechanic?  Because if you are of the mindset that it is not broken and nothing can convince you otherwise, than what is the point of discussing anything.

Aduial #23 Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostStoneRhino, on 09 March 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

What evidence would it take to show you strafe is a broken mechanic?  Because if you are of the mindset that it is not broken and nothing can convince you otherwise, than what is the point of discussing anything.

If you can prove the following:

-Strafes require no skill

-They can heavily punish people who are doing nothing wrong.

All you've proved right now that a combination of strafes and poor players can lead to good results. You gotta actually have a good argument backing your opinion before you claim that nothing can convince me. 

Edit: I just realized that I accidentally erased the "wrong" at the end of the third line. 

Edited by Aduial, 11 March 2017 - 04:02 AM.

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami, Myoko, Clemson, T8 Fubuki (sadly, the T6 Fubuki doesn't feel quite as good), Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

My topics: Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

Reyteitoku #24 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostStoneRhino, on 09 March 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Honestly why u think its broken mechanic? Just autoattacking is effectfly up to RNG and stats shooting down planes, while a strafe can atleast with a certain realiability shoot down planes. As I already stated its not much different than shooting a broadside ship.

A cv can bait strafes and dodge them, its not a win-win situation. Maybe you dont remember but in post(cbt) there was no strafing, you could see IJN cv from t5 to t10 using all 3 torpedobomber in a big stack and there was no counter than autoattacking those to death. Even if you did everything right, it was almost impossibe to deal with those stacks. The implemention of Strafing and further buffs to it increased the usefulness of using fighter drastically. A very good cv captain will not only ve to able to drop ships, but also control his own fighter now. Removing strafing would just buff fighterloadouts and IJN cv.

StoneRhino #25 Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostAduial, on 10 March 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

If you can prove the following:

-Strafes require no skill

-They can heavily punish people who are doing nothing

All you've proved right now that a combination of strafes and poor players can lead to good results. You gotta actually have a good argument backing your opinion before you claim that nothing can convince me.

@Strafes require no skill: This is a trap in that at the very minimum Strafes require the use of the alt key which requires more skill than just left clicking.  You might as well have said "Nothing".  However the amount a skill needed is disproportionate to the damage it does. Does it take some skill to line up a torpedo spread with a DD? yes. But you can still dodge the torpedoes in a well lined up drop. I would argue that dd's torpedoes were a broken mechanic if they not only damaged everything in the cone but the torpedoes continued on and continued to damage everything in the cone after the first hit.  The limited amount of skill required to get a good strafe is nothing compaired to the amount of damage it does in a very short time.

more to come got to go for now

Aduial #26 Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostStoneRhino, on 10 March 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

@Strafes require no skill: This is a trap in that at the very minimum Strafes require the use of the alt key which requires more skill than just left clicking.  You might as well have said "Nothing".  However the amount a skill needed is disproportionate to the damage it does. Does it take some skill to line up a torpedo spread with a DD? yes. But you can still dodge the torpedoes in a well lined up drop. I would argue that dd's torpedoes were a broken mechanic if they not only damaged everything in the cone but the torpedoes continued on and continued to damage everything in the cone after the first hit.  The limited amount of skill required to get a good strafe is nothing compaired to the amount of damage it does in a very short time.

more to come got to go for now

Easy to learn, hard to master. That's my view on it. Any player can get good results if the opponent keeps flying his planes in a straight line. But against experienced players, it's harder to predict where their planes will be. You also seem to think that it is impossible to dodge strafes, but that's not true either. 

My terrible stats:

StoneRhino #27 Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Easy to use, harder against some players. But once someone dodges you just plan for dodges. Just like torpedo spreads. Except can not be dodge inside the aoe and damages everything disproportionately compared to the time it takes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users