Any word on a new French premium cruiser?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

YehoshuaUzziel #41 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

View PostEisennagel, on 19 March 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

This opens the possibility we may either see Montcalm-Georges Leygues-Gloire vs. De Grasse for a premium light cruiser, though the other three ships will be in Tier 6 and De Grasse with her post war, 16 x 5"/54 guns (uses the same ammo as the USN 5"/54 and has similar ballistic characteristics) will be on Tier 7.

However, given that the Atlanta has been pulled out of sales, its not likely we may see a French Atlanta, as WG might be trying to move away from this cruiser type at the moment.

My personal guess would be to see a premium tier 6 Suffren (or possibly a tier 5 Duquesne). It avoids an outright 'clone' situation - rather than having the rate of fire of La Galissoniere, the Suffren would get a more potent alpha strike.  Yet you'd still have the fragility and maneuverability native to the early French cruisers, and thus have a degree of synergy with the rest of the line as a whole.

I'd totally buy a premium tier 6 Gloire, though - in dazzle or without.  (Although I confess some preference for the Georges Leygues - or the 'Gorgeous Legs', as the Americans nicknamed the ship.  Just for the anticipation of hearing Jingles mangle the name in his review...)

Lord_Magus #42 Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostEisennagel, on 19 March 2017 - 01:16 AM, said:

This opens the possibility we may either see Montcalm-Georges Leygues-Gloire vs. De Grasse for a premium light cruiser, though the other three ships will be in Tier 6 and De Grasse with her post war, 16 x 5"/54 guns (uses the same ammo as the USN 5"/54 and has similar ballistic characteristics) will be on Tier 7.

De Grasse would really have to be T8 seeing as she's like Atlanta except better in nearly every way (other than lack of torps).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users