Origins of your profile photo

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

Special_Kay #41 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Bulbassaur

Fire as Both a Metaphor and Literary Device

I am on vacation through June and into July 2017. There will be stretches where I am around infrequently, interspersed with stretches of complete absence.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

Estimated_Prophet #42 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:33 AM

Commander

• Members

Fan-art of battleship Kongo's mental model from Arpeggio of Blue Steel. The siggy is battleship Hyuuga's mental model.

Spoiler

Edited by Estimated_Prophet, 04 March 2017 - 03:36 AM.

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

_V12 #43 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Mine is my Mercedes S600's V12 badge.

World of Tanks beta tester.  RIP NavyField, the most fun battle game that only worked once every few battles.  Second place Supremacy League, third season.

Goodwood_Alpha #44 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostEstimated_Prophet, on 03 March 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Fan-art of battleship Kongo's mental model from Arpeggio of Blue Steel. The siggy is battleship Hyuuga's mental model.

Spoiler

Gotta love how the fan-artists like to exaggerate characters' various...assets, and—WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING BETWEEN HYUUGA'S BREASTS?!

"You have enemies? Good, that means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." —Winston Churchill

Thoughts on World of WarshipsNo Bull is now recruiting!

Chemstrike_ #45 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:42 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

I think this describes my emotions all the time. :) 

Edgecase #46 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:50 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

In-game screenshot from the brief period on the test server where they allowed high tier BB shells to overmatch bows. You can see where the bad Amagi touched the Iowa.

Matt_II #47 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:06 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

My grandfather served on the USS Zellars in the 50's. The Zellars is an Allen M. Sumners-class destroyer.

My ships: Minotaur, Gearing, Grosser Kurfurst, Missouri, Tashkent, Taiho, Bismark, Mikhail Kutuzov, Z-23, Ognevoi, Gneiseneau, S. Dragon, Shchors, Atlanta, Ranger, Blyskawica, Minsk, Colorado, Myoko, Molotov, Shinonome, Cleveland, Graf Spee, Arizona, Okhotnik,  Ishizuchi, Katori, ARP ships

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - Gen. James “Mad Dog" Mattis

dannyboy1939 #48 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Originated from Steam when it went into beta (2003?), since I launch the WoWS Launcher from that I figured I'd keep the "tradition."

Robinhood_ #49 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:29 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Self portrait.

Battleship_Dunkerque #50 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostGoodwood_Alpha, on 03 March 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

Gotta love how the fan-artists like to exaggerate characters' various...assets, and—WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING BETWEEN HYUUGA'S BREASTS?!

Wow, I've seen that sig a hundred times and never noticed that.  Now, I can't un-see it.  Thanks. :/

Anyhoo, mine is a crop of Dunkerque's avatar from Victory Belles - kind of a Western world twist on KanColle.  Also used it in my sig file.

Edited by Battleship_Dunkerque, 04 March 2017 - 04:31 AM.

Kitsunelegend #51 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:35 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I drank a gallon of coffee and then let LWM glue googly eyes onto my eyeballs. (゚ヮ゚)

I is potato incarnate. I taste good with bacon. Fear my potato-yness! >=D

Bacon and coffee pleases teh kitsune -w- 

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png' href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...t3oH4sk.png</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...4sk.png</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...png</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>

[Battleships:] Mikasa, South Carolina, Ishizuchi, Arkansas BetaImperator Nikolai I, TexasWarspite, Arizona, Dunkerque, New Mexico, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, North Carolina, Alabama, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Iowa [Cruisers:] Erie, Albany, Emden, Aurora, Oleg, St Louis, KatoriYubari, Konigsburg, Marblehead, Omaha, Murmansk, ClevelandMolotov, Perth, Duca D'Aosta, Atlanta, Atago, Indianapolis, Prinz Eugen, Mikhail Kutuzov [Carriers:] Saipan [Destroyers:] Tachibana, SmithWickes, Clemson, Isokaze, Lo YangCampbeltownBlyskawicaSimsAnshan

Arpeggio ships: ARP Kongou, ARP Kirishima, ARP Hiei, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao

cometguy #52 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Top Gun.

Phoenix_jz #53 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

My profile pic fits the name...

As for my sig, the left is the old Regia Marina flag, and the rest is a reference to my favorite cruiser of the second world war, the Gorizia, and 1a Division, which she was a part of and occasionally flagship of.

The blue flag with two stars is a rank flag signalling an 'Ammiraglio di Divisione,' which is equivalent to a rear admiral (so long as it's flown from the foremast. If flown from the main mast, it signals an 'Ammiraglio di Squadra,' which would correspond to a Vice Admiral), who would command, for example, a cruiser division.
The image above that is the sleeve insignia for the same rank.

To put it lightly, I was a far less humble person when I first made my account than I am now... :D

My "Directory of Threads" <-- Various threads I've done you might find interesting, feel free to check it out!

​Most recent addition: USN Cruiser Split

OseanTanker #54 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

Mine is rather new as I just got this picture, but it is of a character from a story that I am writing. He is an alien, psychic, anthropomorphic wolf with a plasma bow that commands a space battlecruiser and a marine detachment.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.​ -2nd Amendment

TenguBlade #55 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Ryosuke Takahashi from Initial D.  I decided to screenshot that from the anime after I saw the image was appropriated in this video and because I couldn't find an image of good-enough quality.  I believe that image existed for a while beforehand, but this was where I first saw it.

Was originally going to add the caption but I realized it wouldn't be readable, so I just stuck with the unedited screen capture.  That and because the original came from a recording of the TokyoPop dub of the series, which was trash.

Edited by TenguBlade, 04 March 2017 - 04:58 AM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

BrushWolf #56 Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:59 AM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostBlueMistPvP, on 03 March 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

That one looks like a glorified St Louis to me lol 

Except she is much better armed than the Inquisitor but like almost all pre-Dreadnought battleships and Armored Cruisers she relied on her secondary batter for the majority of her firepower.

• 4 × 12 in (305 mm)/45 caliber Mark 5 guns
  • 8 × 8 in (203 mm)/45 caliber guns
  • 12 × 7 in (178 mm)/45 caliber guns
  • 20 × 3 in (76 mm)/50 caliber guns
  • 12 × 3 pounder guns
  • 4 × 1 pounder guns

The 1 pounder, 3 pounder, and 3" would be the anti torpedo armament with the 7", 8" and the 12" for the real damage dealing.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

BlueMistPvP #57 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:03 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostBrushWolf, on 03 March 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

Except she is much better armed than the Inquisitor but like almost all pre-Dreadnought battleships and Armored Cruisers she relied on her secondary batter for the majority of her firepower.

• 4 × 12 in (305 mm)/45 caliber Mark 5 guns
  • 8 × 8 in (203 mm)/45 caliber guns
  • 12 × 7 in (178 mm)/45 caliber guns
  • 20 × 3 in (76 mm)/50 caliber guns
  • 12 × 3 pounder guns
  • 4 × 1 pounder guns

The 1 pounder, 3 pounder, and 3" would be the anti torpedo armament with the 7", 8" and the 12" for the real damage dealing.

Looks like a glorified St Louis with BB class armor and armaments to me 

khaenn35 #58 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:08 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

Roleplay character, most of mine are, with someone pasting googly eyes on.

Official Forum Elite Admiral Potato/[edited]  <o 

Good luck, Captains! May the winds blow in your favour, and may your shells fly straight and true!

I try my best, don't judge me q.q

I am in no way the most reliable source of information nor any expert in the game, but I will try my best and you are free to correct/rebutt me!

ValkyrWarframe #59 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:08 AM

Captain

• Members

Mine is in my username, but I guess I'll break it down.  The game Warframe features controllable characters known as "warframes" and Valkyr is one of them.   There are also prime versions, which are basically upgraded versions that are styled in a more uniform way between each other.  Currently, I use Valkyr Prime as my profile icon.

Key: *In top 50 players on the server, Can't afford at the moment, 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Iowa, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

WrecktOmWrecker #60 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:08 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

I found me avatar in Davy Jones' locker!... Right next to me cold beating black heart! Arrrr!

Edited by WrecktOmWrecker, 04 March 2017 - 05:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users