Update 0.6.2 Downtime and Notes/Feedback thread

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

NikoPower #1 Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

Communty Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

The update happens March 6; preparation begins at 02:00 PT/ 05:00 ETuntil 04:00 PT/ 07:00 ET.

Alternative Branch of Soviet Destroyers

Spoiler

Ship Replacement Rules

Spoiler

Balance Corrections

Spoiler

User Interface

Spoiler

Maps and Locations

Spoiler

Ship Appearance Changes

Spoiler

Leveling Up Ships

Spoiler

Fixes and Minor Improvements

Spoiler

How do you feel about this update? Please leave your feedback below.

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

MajorRenegade #2 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

what? update on a monday? well this is a first

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

Sabot_100 #3 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 03 March 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

• Fubuki: Hull (B) fire chance in line with the rules applied to tier VI ships
  •  
  • Increased damage from HE-46 shells used by all Soviet destroyers tier V and up, except for Gremyashchy, which already has 1,900 damage from HE-46) and 130mm HE A (Anshan) from 1,600 to 1,900. This makes Soviet destroyers more effective at fighting enemy destroyers, and a larger threat to cruisers

Look, a nerf to an IJN DD and a buff to a bunch of Russians. How UNUSUAL:facepalm:.

Edited by Sabot_100, 03 March 2017 - 04:42 PM.

ckupf #4 Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Unbelievable, buffing Russian DDs. Just unbelievable. Who would of thought? WG literally just nerfed them because they were doing too much damage and now they are buffing their damage so not only will they be the best at range, they will be the best in close quarters. USN DDs, the one USN class that doesn't suck is about to get relegated.

Darnith #5 Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

View PostNikoPower, on 03 March 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Colorado

• Hull (A) removed, hull (B) mounted instead

• If you had researched Hull (B) before update release, hull © will be researched

• If you had researched Hull (B) and Hull © before update release, 25,000 Ship XP will be added to Colorado

• If you currently own hull (B) before update release, hull © will be added to your account

• If you currently own hulls (B) and © before update release, 1,900,000 Credits will be added to your account

Yeah I don't have to drive the Colorado with the Stock hull anymore! oh the Pain

Captain_Dorja #6 Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostSabot_100, on 03 March 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Look, a nerf to an IJN DD and a buff to a bunch of Russians. How UNUSUAL:facepalm:.

Yeah god forbid they fix a bug in the Fubuki that's an unintentional relic of dropping it 2 tiers. What a heinous nerf! The world shall end in fire!

On a serious note - why in the actual FVCK does anyone think the Russian 130mm guns need to be made more powerful, and why was giving Khabarovsk a heal a good idea? Decreasing the survivability of that ship has been an ongoing struggle for the devs for like 8 months. Now they are giving it a heal? Yeah that's probably a smart move.

Edited by Captain_Dorja, 04 March 2017 - 11:42 PM.

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

Kancollewuzhere #7 Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Wow so every uptiered ship will be received for free.

Very nice compensation WG!

TPCKyGb.png

Carriers are like error cats, you hate them, they ruin your gameplay, and you do everything in your power to avoid them. But they always win in the end. \(.x.)/

Battleships are like princesses. They're entitled to everything, and will one day become the queen of the ocean.

Cruisers are like everyone's b***h. They get deleted by everything, and have to stay miles away to survive.

Destroyers are like lolis. They stalk you behind your back and tickle you to death when you least expect it.

SergeantHop #8 Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostCaptain_Dorja, on 03 March 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Yeah god forbid they fix a bug in the Fubuki that's an unintentional relic of dropping it 2 tiers. What a heinous nerf! The world shall end in fire!

On a serious note - why in the actual FVCK does anyone think the Russian 130mm guns need to be made more powerful, and why was giving Khabarovsk a heal a good idea? Decreasing the survivability of that ship has been an ongoing struggle for the devs for like 8 months. Now they are giving it a heal? Yeah that's probably a smart move.

A heal at the cost of smoke. Get one or the other, not both.

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

TenguBlade #9 Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Time to make driving Russian DDs as un-fun as possible for anyone I meet...I still can't believe they thought this was a good idea for LeningradUdaloi, or Khabarovsk.

Yeah, let's give the T10 DD doing nearly 25% more average damage than the rest an 18.75% DPM buff...oh, and just because 50mm of armor to resist all calibers of HE not from a battleship, with or without IFHE, wasn't enough, let's give it the option to mount British cruiser heal as well...:facepalm:

Edited by TenguBlade, 03 March 2017 - 08:47 PM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Hatsuharu/Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Show_Me_Your_Cits #10 Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostMajorRenegade, on 03 March 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

what? update on a monday? well this is a first

That was my thought too. 
Muh 1337 stets. 

Show_Me_Your_Cits #11 Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 03 March 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Time to make driving Russian DDs as un-fun as possible for anyone I meet...I still can't believe they thought this was a good idea for LeningradUdaloi, or Khabarovsk.

Yeah, let's give the T10 DD doing nearly 25% more average damage than the rest an 18.75% DPM buff...oh, and just because 50mm of armor to resist all calibers of HE not from a battleship, with or without IFHE, wasn't enough, let's give it the option to mount British cruiser heal as well...:facepalm:

Wait it's brit cruiser heal?! MY BODY IS READY. Bye smoke! 
Muh 1337 stets. 

Captain_Dorja #12 Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostSergeantHop, on 03 March 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

A heal at the cost of smoke. Get one or the other, not both.

I don't have the Khab, but if Notser laughs while saying, "Giving up smoke on this ship means nothing. I don't even need it. I get a heal now, and I don't have to give up anything for it" than I think that's a "sacrifice" that Khabarovsk drivers will not hesitate to make. The first thing people say when discussing how to be good in Soviet DDs has always been, "Get used to being spotted 100% of the time and learn to deal with it." Suffice it to say I don't think it's much of a sacrifice. 

See the above post to get an idea of what I mean. He sounds really conflicted on which option to choose.

Edited by Captain_Dorja, 03 March 2017 - 09:03 PM.

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

TenguBlade #13 Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostShow_Me_Your_Cits, on 03 March 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Wait it's brit cruiser heal?! MY BODY IS READY. Bye smoke! 

Supposedly it's beyond RN super-heal: it regenerates 4% HP/sec and lasts 20 seconds.  Same ratios as cruisers (33% normal pen, 100% overpen, 50% citadel but that doesn't matter anyhow), which doesn't surprise me honestly.

I really hope the HP regen rate was a translation error or a typo, but my hopes aren't high.

Edited by TenguBlade, 03 March 2017 - 09:37 PM.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Hatsuharu/Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Sabot_100 #14 Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

WG gives a reason for the Fubuki nerf (relic it wasn't supposed to keep) but it wasn't exactly making the ship OP. I guess it wouldn't be an update without a IJN DD nerf of some sort.

Any reason given for why they thought the Russian line needed better gun damage? Did they NEED to be more effective against DDs and a bigger threat to cruisers? They were doing just fine before. That reason could apply for every DD in the game so lets buff all DD guns.

TenguBlade #15 Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostSabot_100, on 03 March 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

WG gives a reason for the Fubuki nerf (relic it wasn't supposed to keep) but it wasn't exactly making the ship OP. I guess it wouldn't be an update without a IJN DD nerf of some sort.

Any reason given for why they thought the Russian line needed better gun damage? Did they NEED to be more effective against DDs and a bigger threat to cruisers? They were doing just fine before. That reason could apply for every DD in the game so lets buff all DD guns.

Several of them needed it.  Tashkent, OgnevoiGnevny, and Kiev are being uptiered with very little material buffs (Kiev gets the most with an HP increase and Tashkent's current torpedoes), and Minsk has Leningrad's main battery (same bad arcs and traverse) but mounts the tech tree standard 4km suicide torps.  Udaloi and Khabarovsk didn't need it for sure: I think Grozovoi has always had the 1900 alpha, so I'd call her balanced with it now that her AA has been nerfed.

Edited by TenguBlade, 03 March 2017 - 10:36 PM.

Captain_Dorja #16 Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostSabot_100, on 03 March 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

You keep using that word "nerf."

I do not think it means what you think it means.

Sabot_100 #17 Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostCaptain_Dorja, on 03 March 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

I do not think it means what you think it means.

Reducing one or more of the capabilities of a ship from its current form. It may be a justified correction but is still a nerf to the ship as it is now, at the level it is now.

Magnus_Lux #18 Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostTenguBlade, on 04 March 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Supposedly it's beyond RN super-heal: it regenerates 4% HP/sec and lasts 20 seconds.

Just your standard Russian bias fearmongering. In the current PT build they use the regular Cruiser heal, like what you'd find on the Das Moist & Balti

Alpha Tester (ASIA server)

Captain_Dorja #19 Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:46 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostSabot_100, on 03 March 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Reducing one or more of the capabilities of a ship from its current form. It may be a justified correction but is still a nerf to the ship as it is now, at the level it is now.

I'll be sure to raise a pointless hue and cry over bug fixes as nerfs in the future now. It's not a nerf. 

Crikey... I'm left asking the same question that The Professor has to ask Peter and Susan at the beginning of The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe.

TenguBlade #20 Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostMagnus_Lux, on 03 March 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

Just your standard Russian bias fearmongering. In the current PT build they use the regular Cruiser heal, like what you'd find on the Das Moist & Balti

Good.  Let's hope it stays that way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users