• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

LittleWhiteMouse #1 Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:13 AM

Captain

• WoWS Community Contributors
  • Members
    Beta Testers

POPULAR

This index is meant to serve as a quick summary of the Premium Warships, both currently and previously available.  This will be faster and easier for me to update when something new comes out than the time it takes to write a longer article.  This guide is not meant to be comprehensive, but to give players a glance over of what each ship entails while providing easy to navigate links to more thorough reviews.

Legend & Notes

Online Store - These are ships that you need to spend real-world money (or premium currency) to acquire.  In the case of limited release ships, players can only buy this ship directly through the online store. Some of the more common premium ships may also be available for purchase through the in game tech tree for doubloons, but only if specifically listed.

Reward Ship  - Players can currently acquire this ship as a reward -- no money is needed to acquire this vessel.  Details will always describe the source through which this ship may be obtained.  This can be from bonus codes, contests, achievements, events and (in at least one case), through spending free experience.  Ships from previous events that are no longer available will not have this designation.

Not available - Ships is temporarily unavailable.  It may become available again sometime in the future.

Rare Collector's Item - Wargaming has removed the ship from sale and has released information detailing that this ship is unlikely to ever be available again in the future.  Unless specifically stated otherwise otherwise, these ships are unavailable.
LIMITED TIME! - Attached to Online Store, Reward Ship or Rare Collector's Item ships that will only be accessible for a limited window of opportunity.  Where possible, the final day the ship will be available will be documented.  If you want this ship, do not wait until the last minute and then blame it on me if there's a misunderstanding on the specifics on when a promotion ends.

When the ship's name is a link, it will lead you to the full review of the given vessel.  Pay close attention to the date of the review.  Older reviews may contain information no longer relevant to the current meta.

Recent Changes  (Last Updated May 23rd, 2017)

• Added quick and full review of HMS Hood.
  • Added HMS Hood to available ships.
  • Added a Quick Summary entry for Destroyer Kidd and Cruiser de Grasse.
  • Removed "Degree of Similarity" section from Cruiser entries to save space.

Limited Release Warnings:

• Atlanta is available currently through the online store through a Paypal special offer.  Note the offer isn't normally visible to everyone unless the link is used.
  • Hood is available from May 18th until June 16th.  Note that the availability of certain bundles is staggered.

For Cruisers, Carriers and Battleships, see posts #2 and #3.

Destroyers
The following is the complete list of destroyers in World of Warships.  There have been fifteen (15) Premium destroyers released so far, with five (5) Japanese, three (3) American, three (3) Soviet, two (2) Pan Asian, one (1) Polish and one (1) British. 

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse, 23 May 2017 - 05:00 PM.

Q♥  Most Recent Review: HMS Hood

LittleWhiteMouse #2 Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:14 AM

Captain

• Members
    Beta Testers

Angry YouTuber Review

This is a somewhat tongue-in-cheek summary of the ship's carry potential -- a shorthand evaluation on just how much of an in-game advantage she provides the player.

GARBAGE - Grossly uncompetitive and badly in need of buffs.

Mehbote - Average ship. Has strengths and weaknesses. Doesn't need buffs to be viable, but certainly not advantageous.

Gudbote - A strong ship that has obvious competitive strengths and unique features that make it very appealing.

OVERPOWERED - A ship with very clear advantages over all of its competitors and unbalancing the game with its inclusion.

Cruisers

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse, 23 May 2017 - 04:59 PM.

LittleWhiteMouse #3 Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:14 AM

Captain

• Members
    Beta Testers

POPULAR

Ship Comparissons

CloneMust be an exact copy, down the polygons and statistics of an existing vessel in World of Warships.  Essentially they have to be the same ship where the only appreciable difference is a change in their skin and/or name. 

Sister Ship: A ship from the same class as an existing ship in World of Warships.  Parameters of the vessels can vary drastically or very little.  This can even include two versions of the same ship but only if their statistics, modules, and/or model are different in some appreciable form.

Related Class:  These are ships that are close predecessors are antecedents of the class in question.  This reflects the ship's relation to an existing class in World of Warships may draw many design (and presumably, game play) similarities.  This can also be used to denote a subclass if they're markedly different.

Similar Role: The ship in question bears no direct design relation towards the vessel compared.  However, her performance and method used in game is similar enough to draw comparison.  Often this will be used to describe two ships of the same type from two different tech trees.  They are unlikely to share things like weapon performance, AA mounts, tiering etc.  However, they share some fundamental game play elements between them. 

Unique: These are the real weirdies.  These are the odd duck designs or the ships that have so many quirks to them that they really stand out.  Their pedigree is their own and they stand apart from every other vessel in World of Warships, be it because of some combination of bonuses, weapon options or what have you.

Battleships

There are thirteen (13) premium battleships in the game currently, making them one of the most sought after premiums.  Only Germany has a mix of low, high and mid tier Battleships currently, leaving much of the player population eagerly anticipating their favourites.  2017 should be an interesting year for Battleship releases. 

Aircraft Carriers

With Kaga undergoing testing, there are now two premium aircraft carriers in World of Warships.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse, 18 May 2017 - 04:07 PM.

Macabe #4 Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:23 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

Take all of my pos rep for all the hard work you do. :)

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

Chobittsu #5 Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

No Carriers?  Heeheheh, poor little Saipan
Also, the first time I've seen anyone get a +5 (and counting) rep for writing (Reserved)

Edited by Chobittsu, 03 March 2017 - 03:30 AM.

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017

El_Judarino #6 Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostChobittsu, on 02 March 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

Also, the first time I've seen anyone get a +5 (and counting) rep for writing (Reserved)

It's Mouse, that paid early rep is just a cheap investment that's guaranteed exceptional informational returns! 

LittleWhiteMouse #7 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:25 AM

Captain

• Members
    Beta Testers

View PostChobittsu, on 02 March 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

The biggest problem with the previous version was the inability to continue editing the first post.  The forums would bug and tell me that my post was too long, no matter what I did.  To this end, I knew I had to restart the whole thing from scratch.  So yeah, this whole thing will be a bit of a Work in Progress until I get everything put together.  I'm not anticipating there being too many premium carriers, so I can have them piggy back one of the other ship types.  I should be able to provide more information with 3-posts available to work with and this should be future proofed for the next year or two.  Keep an eye on this space.

Chobittsu #8 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostLittleWhiteMouse, on 02 March 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

We always do, dear Mousey~    Keep up the amazing work. WG should give you an official blog for ship reviews... HINT HINT, CORGI.

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017

RipNuN2 #9 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:54 AM

Commander

• Members

Posted Image

_WaveRider_ #10 Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

Ensign

• Members

As someone new to the forum, I would just like to say that I hope there will never come a time where you get tired of contributing, or have any doubt as to the importance of your continued work for the WoWs community.

It is very much appreciated; thank you. :honoring:

LittleWhiteMouse #11 Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:27 AM

Captain

• Members
    Beta Testers

So I've hit the "post is too long" limit while playing with the Destroyer entries.  As they exist presently is about the maximum volume of information I can provide on a per entry basis and still include a few new ships over the coming year or two.  Here's what I have:

• Ship Name + Link to Full Review.
  • Availability Status
  • A Short Description of the ship (C&Ped from my Full Reviews)
  • The Closest Comparable Ship + Explanation of similarities.
  • Release History

Now what I would have liked to also include was:

• Skill Floor / Ceiling of each ship.
  • If I generally recommended the ship or not.

Example:

Lo Yang, Tier 8 Pan Asia

Availability on NA Server:  NOT AVAILABLE
Quick Summary:   A modified Benson-class Destroyer (the USS Benson, in fact) that can swap it's Engine Boost / Defensive Fire ability for a Hydroacoustic Search instead.  The Lo Yang has slightly less HP than the Benson while also having the option of two different torpedo armaments.

Closest in-Game Contemporary:  Benson, Tier 8 American Destroyer

Degree of Similarity:  Clone / *Sister-Ship* / Related Class/ Similar Role / Unique

At first glance, the Lo Yang appears to be identical to the USN Benson-class (C-Hull) Destroyer found at tier 8 in the American tech tree.  There's a reason for this.  She is the USS Benson, sold and renamed by Taiwan.  She is near identical to this researched vessel but with a few exceptions -- and not all of them for the better.

Release History: 

• First Sold February 22nd to March 7th 2016.
  • Sold July 29th to August 15th, 2016.
  • Sold in various Black Friday bundles 2016
  • Sold December 2nd to 9th, 2016.
  • Sold December 23rd to January 2nd, 2017

Is there any other information that you guys would have preferred to have seen on a short summary?  Should I remove some sections and replace them with something more pertinent?

LittleWhiteMouse #12 Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

Captain

• Members
    Beta Testers

Whoo, finished the basics.  I just need to fold in the Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Dragon ships in.

Fiona_Marshe #13 Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:37 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Possibly worth seeing about getting your own sub-Wiki instead of trying to maintain it on the forums.

LittleWhiteMouse #14 Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:20 AM

Captain

• Members
    Beta Testers

View PostFiona_Marshe, on 08 March 2017 - 12:37 AM, said:

Possibly worth seeing about getting your own sub-Wiki instead of trying to maintain it on the forums.

The only problem with that is that Wargaming would be hosting someone who may not say very flattering things about their projects on occasion.  I can't see the higher ups wanting to support that.

In other news:  Arpeggio and Dragon ships have been hosted.  I can stop fussing about this for a bit. :)

Nhi_Vanye #15 Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Mouse, this is a brilliant piece work, as usual!  In my opinion, I would rather see your recommendation than see the release history entries. If you are strapped for space, I would go with that.  I really value your evaluations, and always read the full reviews, but having a quick reference that points you in the right direction is really valuable.  Thank you so much for all that you do!:medal:

"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today" - Vice Admiral Sir David Beatty

aethervox #16 Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

+1 for another great post by Little White Mouse.

I only have 5 of the listed ships (all rewards).

I do not buy any premiums and never will in WoWS.

(I learnt my lesson in WoT - WG does nothing but offer premium vehicles while doing nothing to repair the horrid map situation)

aethervox #17 Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

How about WoWS awards a reward ship (their choice) for all of LWMs incredible work to inform other WoWSers about WoWS?

SgtSullyC3 #18 Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postaethervox, on 08 March 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

How about WoWS awards a reward ship (their choice) for all of LWMs incredible work to inform other WoWSers about WoWS?

I would say that she probably has most if not all premium ships...

Wargaming GIB Alabama pls...

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

HLS30 #19 Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:10 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 08 March 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

I would say that she probably has most if not all premium ships...

Wargaming GIB Alabama pls...

I'm fairly certain there have been times that other accounts were run for limited availability ships.

LittleWhiteMouse #20 Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

Captain

• Members
    Beta Testers

Alabama review up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users