IFHE on DM Donskoi

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

SergeantHop #21 Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:54 AM

Captain

• Members

View Poststeelrain97, on 27 March 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

Yes, I was speaking specifically about the IFHE/DE combo. I was responding to a fellow who seems to think that DE is better than IFHE. If you want to run DE, fine, don't bother with IFHE, and vice versa. Also, IFHE is a complete waste on the Molotov, the only ship with anny significant areas of armor that falls in the 30-39mm range is the NorCal.

And the Amagi. And the Alabama. And the bow and stern of the Bismarck. So, y'know, the tier 8 battleships, just like I'd said.

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

LooN918 #22 Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I use IHFE w/ DE to average out the loss of fire on IHFE on my Dom, works well for me, average 3000 on most BBs with it. 

WES_HoundDog #23 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I went with IHFE on my Donskoi.   Like the previous tier or 2 on the soviet line, the HE shells just fail to pen/do any damage over 50% of the time.  You end up relying on fires to do your damage.   Which works great in the lower tiers were people don't have fire preventative upgrades but at higher tiers it's really noticeable and doing damage by fire is a crap shoot.    Upon doing the IHFE the HE shells now pen 80-90% of their hits.    The fire chance is hurt but fires at this point have kind of turned into a perk (unless you are in a Zao where every shell is insta napalm).    AP is useful at times but for the most part you want to be at far range and at that tier broadsides don't last long.  When they do, you get off maybe one shot at 15k+ but more often then not turn and create enough angle to bounce them while the HE pen every time no matter the angle.  I've noticed my damage go up appreciable amount with the IHFE skill.

Edited by WES_HoundDog, 18 May 2017 - 05:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users