issue with hitting ENTER on post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

AdmiralThunder #1 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:57 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

How come when making a post when you hit the ENTER key it takes the cursor back to the top of the page vs going to a new line like it should? Really a pain.

Emothic #2 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Are you trying to post comments through your Xbox One or PS4? Because I've had an issue like this before when using the forums on my Xbox One, however here on my PC I don't have such issues.

Edited by Emothic, 28 February 2017 - 08:31 AM.

Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family. "Note: Its pronounced E~moth~ic."
Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality. We serve to the best of our ability. We give our lives to our masters. We vow to smite our ememies.
Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God, impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnaiton. ~Amen.

_WaveRider_ #3 Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I don't find this happens when I'm posting (on a PC). Maybe something like Emothic states, or just your set-up, settings?

DoomStomper #4 Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Good to know I'm not the only one affected by this.  My iPhone's Safari browser (where the vast majority of my forum lurking takes place) started doing the same thing a while ago, and it's annoying as hell.  No such issues with Chrome on my PC, however.

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

AdmiralThunder #5 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Shame on me for not checking different browsers 1st. I should know better than that. :facepalm:

So, I went and checked on various browsers to see where it is occurring? it is only happening in Edge. I know it was doing it in FireFox a while back as I was using FF that day for some reason and it was doing it but it seems okay now as do Chrome and Opera. IE11 will only allow me to hit ENTER once and the cursor drops one line but extra ENTER hits do nothing. So this seems to be a Microsoft browser issue on this forum.

IE11 is obsolete now anyway but Edge is Microsoft's browser( and the one I use )and it is a royal pain posting the way that cursor jumps to the top when hitting ENTER( it will usually do the one line down but on the 2nd hit is when it jumps to the top instead of staying at the 2nd dropped down line ). Would be nice if it could be fixed. I am on a lot of various internet forums and this only happens here. Has done so since I 1st signed up sometime at the end of Dec/start of Jan.

FWIW...

Windows 10 Home v.1607

Microsoft Edge v.38.14393.0.0

PS - PLEASE let's not turn this into a use a different browser debate. I am using the one I wish and it is the only one that has this issue here( and no where else ). It is a mainstream browser as well so I am not alone using it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder, 28 February 2017 - 10:49 PM.

_WaveRider_ #6 Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostAdmiralThunder, on 28 February 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

Shame on me for not checking different browsers 1st. I should know better than that. :facepalm:

So, I went and checked on various browsers to see where it is occurring? it is only happening in Edge. I know it was doing it in FireFox a while back as I was using FF that day for some reason and it was doing it but it seems okay now as do Chrome and Opera. IE11 will only allow me to hit ENTER once and the cursor drops one line but extra ENTER hits do nothing. So this seems to be a Microsoft browser issue on this forum.

IE11 is obsolete now anyway but Edge is Microsoft's browser( and the one I use )and it is a royal pain posting the way that cursor jumps to the top when hitting ENTER( it will usually do the one line down but on the 2nd hit is when it jumps to the top instead of staying at the 2nd dropped down line ). Would be nice if it could be fixed. I am on a lot of various internet forums and this only happens here. Has done so since I 1st signed up sometime at the end of Dec/start of Jan.

FWIW...

Windows 10 Home v.1607

Microsoft Edge v.38.14393.0.0

PS - PLEASE let's not turn this into a use a different browser debate. I am using the one I wish and it is the only one that has this issue here( and no where else ). It is a mainstream browser as well so I am not alone using it.

Just good to know you've found out the reason for the problem. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users