CV Rewards is so broken

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Goozombies #1 Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

In any other ship I would be awarded handsomely...but not in a CV! WG decides to give me this for 140k dmg.

http://imgur.com/a/QAanN

pewpewpew42 #2 Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Dude they hate CV players. We just have to live with it...
light.png

Palladia #3 Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostGoozombies, on 28 February 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

In any other ship I would be awarded handsomely...but not in a CV! WG decides to give me this for 140k dmg.

If you really wanna feel hated,  play a USN CV.

AVR_Project #4 Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:08 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

You lost a lot of planes, and you are paying credits for all your premium consumables.

That Bismarck probably ate quite a few.  It's the one fallacy of CV mission.  The planes you lose are the same as main battery shells used on surface ships.

So you can lose the ship for no penalty at all, but if you lose planes...  That's an extra charge.

It's the game.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

Palladia #5 Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostAVR_Project, on 28 February 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

You lost a lot of planes, and you are paying credits for all your premium consumables.

That Bismarck probably ate quite a few.  It's the one fallacy of CV mission.  The planes you lose are the same as main battery shells used on surface ships.

So you can lose the ship for no penalty at all, but if you lose planes...  That's an extra charge.

It's the game.

Incorrect.  Everyone pays a flat fee now.  It doesn't matter how many shells we use or how many planes get shot down,  its the same amount.

The_Last_Frontier #6 Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostGoozombies, on 28 February 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

Agreed I know I was playing CV the other day and I got more then that for less damage doled out. Some times I wonder how it is they came up with who gets what Experience and creds as sometimes I sit there and stink and merely cause I team wins I get rewarded handsomely for doing nothing and other times I work my butt off and barely get anything! Honestly if you sink ships you should get rewarded better cause even if you only did 5 damage it takes the ship out of the action and makes things better for your team so by killing a ship no matter how my damage you should get better. I know sometimes I have sunk 3 or 4 ships and wonder why it is I get so little XP out of it! Makes no sense sometimes how they count the score

icepac_hero #7 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Ok Gooz, here is the 101 :

You have 140K dmg and only 2 killz.  Which means that you didn't finish off many of your foes.  You get extra dough for killing.  If you had half your damage but 6 killz you'd be swimming in $$

Secundo I am guessing that you focus on BBs ?

Your total damage is less important than the % total hp you did to enemy ship (when it comes to $$).  So 1 torp on a DD is worth 8 torp on a BB (from a money perspective of course)

Finally, you lost a whole lot of planes, which is what happens when you go after BBs.  

On the flip side you made a killing on the xp !

justsmith #8 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Nice spoting damage, But yep you never going to make as much money as a BB owner for a good game anymore, was nerfed heavy to make BB owners happy

Shoukaku_Kai_Ni #9 Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It's their way of taking CVs out until reworked. 

I played my first CV game in 3 months yesterday. Did 173k damage in Taihou with 2 x Devastating strikes, Arsonist, High Caliber, Confederate, and Kraken. I got second place and 20k credits (I believe 10k might have been from a mission or something). Honestly I don't care so much about credits or XP, I just don't want any more suffering in CV gameplay. 

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've experienced a significant bug that's not ever been fixed. When there's a cyclone I sometimes cannot spot enemy planes despite being right on top of them, and so cannot lock on to them with fighters.

Unicum in CVs, CAs, DDs

Earned Shoukaku's camo via rank 1 (doubloons) in season 4!

justsmith #10 Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Yep that's a normal bug Shoukaku with cyclones, all you can do is put the planes on auto defend of a ship and hope for the best.

You also have planed been killed to aa in cyclones without been able to see the ship even though both have the same spoting range in the storm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users