How is this fair.... Shiratsuyu ranked. I win yet I lose

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TheDutchSeaWolf #1 Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:46 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Nice battle, I think I helped my team the best way I could. We win, I am ranked top of my team but I still lose money

Spoiler

Edited by TheDutchSeaWolf, 25 February 2017 - 07:49 AM.

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.

Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me.

(adaptation of famous quote, adaptation by dasCKD (EU server))

HarunaKai #2 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:38 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Maybe you ran out of stock for premium consumables? Those things are pricey af

also, rip potential damage

I'm alright.

My Haifuri Review

Halinspark #3 Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It's fair because you spent 112.5k on consumables and camo. Do you need premium everything? Cutting whatever corners you can there or running the credit boost signal flag would net you a profit, assuming you can routinely bring in at least that much cash per battle.

Edited by Halinspark, 25 February 2017 - 09:36 AM.

SireneRacker #4 Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

Captain

• Members

This is why I never run premium consumables, camouflage or something like that

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Crucis #5 Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostSireneRacker, on 25 February 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

This is why I never run premium consumables, camouflage or something like that

There's nothing wrong with running some premium consumables, but it must be done in moderation, particularly if you're running a standard account.  That said, the OP was talking about a Ranked Battle, and most people seem to think that if you're not running with a lot of premium consumables and flags and camo and so forth in Ranked, then you're not giving it your all because lots of other players will be doing so.  And I find it hard to disagree with this.

Also, the OP only lost 2 or 3k credits.  Really just a drop in the bucket, particularly if you're giving it your all for Ranked Battles.

SireneRacker #6 Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostCrucis, on 25 February 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with running some premium consumables, but it must be done in moderation, particularly if you're running a standard account.  That said, the OP was talking about a Ranked Battle, and most people seem to think that if you're not running with a lot of premium consumables and flags and camo and so forth in Ranked, then you're not giving it your all because lots of other players will be doing so.  And I find it hard to disagree with this.

Also, the OP only lost 2 or 3k credits.  Really just a drop in the bucket, particularly if you're giving it your all for Ranked Battles.

When you fill your ship with premium consumables and camouflages you should not be surprised to see a negative income since two thirds of the credit gain are getting chewed up just by the resupply. And I am disagreeing fully with this mentality that someone needs to use camouflages, flags and premium consumables to perform well. I haven't used any of these so far but still end up with results that are more than acceptable.

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Crucis #7 Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:24 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostSireneRacker, on 25 February 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

View PostCrucis, on 25 February 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

When you fill your ship with premium consumables and camouflages you should not be surprised to see a negative income since two thirds of the credit gain are getting chewed up just by the resupply. And I am disagreeing fully with this mentality that someone needs to use camouflages, flags and premium consumables to perform well. I haven't used any of these so far but still end up with results that are more than acceptable.

You miss the point.  Ranked Battles is a competition.  And in any competition, the smart competitor will seek out any little advantage he or she can find.  In Ranked Battles, that means camo, premium consumables, signal flags, and so on.  Does it cost credits?  Of course.  But if you're playing Ranked to advance in ranks, then making credits isn't your primary concern.  You can do that in pubs.  Besides, like I said earlier, losing 2-3k credits is chump change.

SireneRacker #8 Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostCrucis, on 25 February 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

You miss the point.  Ranked Battles is a competition.  And in any competition, the smart competitor will seek out any little advantage he or she can find.  In Ranked Battles, that means camo, premium consumables, signal flags, and so on.  Does it cost credits?  Of course.  But if you're playing Ranked to advance in ranks, then making credits isn't your primary concern.  You can do that in pubs.  Besides, like I said earlier, losing 2-3k credits is chump change.

As long as a player can perform more than well without special stuff there is no reason to complain about them. I've seen people without premium stuff outperforming Belfasts that are armed to the teeth with Flags and signals. I have outperformed ships that looked like clowns with all these colors while sailing a Pensacola that had no special equipment except for the Military Month flag.

OP obviously didn't like losing Credits.

Kenjister #9 Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:41 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostSireneRacker, on 25 February 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

As long as a player can perform more than well without special stuff there is no reason to complain about them. I've seen people without premium stuff outperforming Belfasts that are armed to the teeth with Flags and signals. I have outperformed ships that looked like clowns with all these colors while sailing a Pensacola that had no special equipment except for the Military Month flag.

OP obviously didn't like losing Credits.

Well yes, but any player would perform BETTER if they had prem consumables instead of standard.

And that's the point.  In ranked people are fighting tooth and nail for their stars, and the only goal is to beat the other team.  Premium consumables can have game changing, especially damage control, stealth camo, smokes and heals.  Especially in DDs. If you are skimping out on premium consumable just to save credits your team will be rightfully annoyed at you.

Its not a question if you can perform well without them, the issue is that by not taking them you will lose a few games you otherwise could have won.

centarina #10 Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:34 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

You take in a DD that requires the most  premium consumable for top performance.  so it was your choice to spend fund.     With Sims, I only really needed  smoke.    My setup is AA but do run speed flag.   made lot of credit each match.    with LS, premium repair in sims is not a big help.       when you choose to use certain ship for a perceived advantage,  don't be annoyed when you lose credit each match.  

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, kuma, Zao, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo PA Anshan  

VFM: Aurora,Svietlana,  Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  FRDougay T, Le Gal

USN:   New York, North Carolina,Phoenix,  Marblehead,  Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG, Emden, Karlsruhe  , Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Notser Certified Potato

Panbun #11 Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:55 AM

Captain

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

I came across a Shiratsuyu yesterday that torped a Belfast and a Pensacola who were both sitting in a puff of smoke. There was no way they were going to dodge the wall of torps.

Wingslinger #12 Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

By "losing money" are you referring to doubloons or to credits?  I try my best to make sure I'm not spending doubloons just to play.  But I would gladly give up loads of credits to chalk up another star in Ranked.

TheDutchSeaWolf #13 Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

thanks for the replies and yes I was talking credits, not doubloons :) My point was that with DD's, especially with IJN DD's, you can finish first in a winning battle and still lose money. As others mentioned, in ranked you want the best options available. Running a DD is expensive I know, had it been a standard battle I probably wouldn't have mentioned it. Personally, I think the economy model should be different according to the ship played. Spotting, smoking and capping should be rewarded better for a DD, damage should be better rewarded for a BB (just examples). This way people would be more willing to team play instead of going for the money shots. just my 2p

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.

Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Pete_Darling #14 Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

• Members

View PostTheDutchSeaWolf, on 03 March 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

thanks for the replies and yes I was talking credits, not doubloons :) My point was that with DD's, especially with IJN DD's, you can finish first in a winning battle and still lose money. As others mentioned, in ranked you want the best options available. Running a DD is expensive I know, had it been a standard battle I probably wouldn't have mentioned it. Personally, I think the economy model should be different according to the ship played. Spotting, smoking and capping should be rewarded better for a DD, damage should be better rewarded for a BB (just examples). This way people would be more willing to team play instead of going for the money shots. just my 2p

Disable Auto-Resupply - You are paying the computer to put Camo and Supplies back on your ship and you can do that yourself before each battle at no cost. You will see your cash flow go up. I run premium everything on my Akatsuki and get anywhere from 52k to 160k credits a game in Ranked. 

Kenjister #15 Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:11 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostPete_Darling, on 05 March 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Disable Auto-Resupply - You are paying the computer to put Camo and Supplies back on your ship and you can do that yourself before each battle at no cost. You will see your cash flow go up. I run premium everything on my Akatsuki and get anywhere from 52k to 160k credits a game in Ranked. 

Uhh...  It still costs credits to purchase consumables yourself.  It just won't show up on your post-battle results screen.

Pete_Darling #16 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:03 AM

• Members

View PostKenjister, on 06 March 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

Uhh...  It still costs credits to purchase consumables yourself.  It just won't show up on your post-battle results screen.

Okay if you have no more Camo or supplies and have to buy more. I have so much crap but I never use Auto-Resupply. He really didn't clarify if he had more or not.  

Edited by Pete_Darling, 06 March 2017 - 03:14 AM.

TheDutchSeaWolf #17 Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostPete_Darling, on 06 March 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

Okay if you have no more Camo or supplies and have to buy more. I have so much crap but I never use Auto-Resupply. He really didn't clarify if he had more or not.  

When I have camo or consumables left auto-resupply will take from those and it won't cost me obviously. Unfortunately, it is not every day you get loads of useful camo let alone premium consumables.

Pete_Darling #18 Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

• Members

View PostTheDutchSeaWolf, on 12 March 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

When I have camo or consumables left auto-resupply will take from those and it won't cost me obviously. Unfortunately, it is not every day you get loads of useful camo let alone premium consumables.

Because the Ranked season is winding down I would just suffer for the moment but some points to think about for season 7.

1. Not every Random battle requires Flags, Consumables and Camo so only use what you need and if you have to (Like Camo on a DD but maybe not as many flags or consumables) 

2. Use campaigns, containers and missions to restock - I look for rewards that benefit rather than the task that I would need to complete

3. Play the Public Tests - they usually give you a bunch of Flags for stocking

I know that all might sound trivial but I played like 3000 Random battles and never used any of it. Ships can perform without it and sure might not do quite as well but still good.

Lastly, to absolutely support your point is that DD's do a lot that they get no credit for. In my Akatsuki in Ranked there are many games that I spend my time drawing fire intentionally to allow the Team to complete an objective. I've had games with almost 1.5M Potential Damage but do I get credits for that? My goal is for my Team to win and I will do what I need to but sometimes it's at my cost.  

comtedumas #19 Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

• Members

View PostTheDutchSeaWolf, on 25 February 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Nice battle, I think I helped my team the best way I could. We win, I am ranked top of my team but I still lose money

Spoiler

You got the freaking star, right?  That's what matters in ranked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users