Jump to content


Are Belfast's guns better than Cleveland's?

WoWs Science

  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

crzyhawk #21 Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

    Admiral

  • Members
  • Beta Testers

  • 10,845
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015
Most battleships won't bother to shoot into smoke.  My Belfast stats are far and away better than my Cleveland stats, and my Belfast has shredded many Clevelands.  It's not been shredded by many.


DerKrampus #22 Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 952
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

View Postcrzyhawk, on 01 March 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Most battleships won't bother to shoot into smoke.  My Belfast stats are far and away better than my Cleveland stats, and my Belfast has shredded many Clevelands.  It's not been shredded by many.

 

Then most battleships don't know what they're doing.  (Which is, quite frankly, not a surprise.  XD)  Nothing says "Shoot here!"  Like a nice, even line of 12 tracers, perfectly illustrating where an immobile, broadside cruiser is camping.

 


crzyhawk #23 Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

    Admiral

  • Members
  • Beta Testers

  • 10,845
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015
I generally angle in my smoke but yeah.  I've been deleted by gunfire exactly one time in smoke.  Certainly not often enough to stop doing it.


GearaDoga #24 Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:02 AM

    Ensign

  • Beta Testers

  • 1,138
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostDerKrampus, on 01 March 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

Then most battleships don't know what they're doing.  (Which is, quite frankly, not a surprise.  XD)  Nothing says "Shoot here!"  Like a nice, even line of 12 tracers, perfectly illustrating where an immobile, broadside cruiser is camping.

 

Wasting a 30+ second reload on a ship you can't see, can only guess vaguely where it is, can't aim properly and won't do significant damage even if a shell or two actually does make contact is a pretty dumb move...



DerKrampus #25 Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 952
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

View PostGearaDoga, on 02 March 2017 - 02:02 AM, said:

 

Wasting a 30+ second reload on a ship you can't see, can only guess vaguely where it is, can't aim properly and won't do significant damage even if a shell or two actually does make contact is a pretty dumb move...

 

It's not nearly as difficult as you might think.

http://imgur.com/drCHZu7


 


GearaDoga #26 Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

    Ensign

  • Beta Testers

  • 1,138
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostDerKrampus, on 02 March 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

 

It's not nearly as difficult as you might think.

http://imgur.com/drCHZu7

 

Look, I can point out that one time I detonated a New Mexico with the Yubari's lone secondary popgun, too.  

 

Doesn't make it anything but a lucky fluke.

 

Belfast is already all but immune to BB gunfire when you can see the damned thing to aim at it.  The chances of accomplishing anything remotely worth that wasted salvo when you CAN'T see the ship are tiny at best.  Especially when you're not in a Scharnhorst with those incredible guns.



GearaDoga #27 Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:53 AM

    Ensign

  • Beta Testers

  • 1,138
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
On mobile, double posted.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users