Co-op Play at Tier 8

Play at Tier 8

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Kizarvexis #21 Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Bots are dumb when it comes to strategy though. I've had the whole bot team chase my Gnevny away from the base making it easy for the rest of the team to take them out. They do love to focus fire though and are accurate.

Edited by Kizarvexis, 05 March 2017 - 06:11 PM.

AdmiralThunder #22 Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostMacabe, on 05 March 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

If AI were actually difficult and it was harder to get 90% win rates in co-op i'd advocate for better rewards but as it stands co-op is just too easy.

​I don't have a problem with reduced payout for playing Co-op if that is what WG wants to do. Don't even object to you and others feeling it is too easy although I see a lot of guys  who die 1st that were spouting that same feeling as the game started( who then blame everyone else because they died - Co-op and Random have that in common LOL ).

So I am okay with making less becaue I choose Co-op most games. However, the service fee needs to be adjusted to the same level as the reduction in credits and XP earned. THAT is something that is unfair about Co-op. Credits and XP seem to be about 40-50% at best of what you get vs a similar performance in Random; and it wouldn't surprise me if it is even less than that. However, the service fee isn't reduced even close to that much. It was the same there for a while, and I believe now it is a 25% reduction, but it is not in line with what it should be. If I only get 50% of the credits and XP I would get in Random my service fee should only be 50% as well.

I believe WG purposely keeps the service fee high however to make it difficult to play Co-op and survive as far as resources go( T7+ - even a problem in Random at extreme high tiers ). IMO they do this to try and force people into Random. I find that stupid tbh. Co-op is a mode offered in the game and if that is where a person wants to play then they should be able to and not be purposely hit with a higher % based service fee than other modes. You have far fewer ships to farm damage on thus you don't have the ability to do enough at high tiers to break even many times. Also, if you want to try and bring realism into it you would use less fuel, fire fewer shells/torps, etc... so you are using fewer resources that need replacing.

All Co-op needs is an adjust the post battle payout and fees so they are fair( even if reduced )and then everyone who wants to play WOWS can be happy. I don't see how anyone loses in that scenario. If the answer is it makes Random queue times longer if more play Co-op I would counter that argument with the following. 1st off, that is a very selfish outlook for the Random preferring folks. Don't put your desires above others. Secondly, even with the less fair economy in Co-op it still hasn't forced everyone to abandon it for Random to make more( I seldom see friendly BOTS in Co-op even in T8 matches ).

Lots of players who just don't want to play Random so making Co-op more fair economically isn't going to hurt the queue time for Random in any real way. Should people who just prefer the less stress, friendlier, and more fun venue of Co-op face harsher economics just to make the wait time shorter for a game for those who like a different mode? Is that really fair?

AdmiralThunder #23 Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

• Members

View PostKizarvexis, on 05 March 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

Bots are dumb when it comes to strategy though. I've had the whole bot team chase my Gnevny away from the base making it easy for the rest of the team to take them out. They do love to focus fire though and are accurate.

​I don't play a lot of Random but the term dumb can be applied to many in Random too. LOL Plenty there who haveno clue about strategy and tactics as well. Co-op and Random are different due to the AI. Doesn't make one easier or better just different.

Wyatt_DERP85 #24 Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

• Members

I've done coop a few times just to get away from PvP after a frustrating losing streak - either poor teams or my own poor performance. I have also had issues with the matchmaker taking too long and went to coop at odd hours. I've never found the gameplay to be good, prefer random battles. If random battles are going bad, I just say go to lower tier pvp and ignore chat.

SkipJack67 #25 Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:21 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Bots are not dumb, I'm telling you.  I was in Nberg with low HP badly wounded.  I was about 15km from him, it was Arizona. There were at least 2 ships on my team near by, within 6 or 7km from Arizona bot.

Bot didn't bother to shoot them, he came after me because bot knew a ship with 1 HP left is still a threat to him, so to fix that bot must eliminate me who can still rain HE rounds on him.  Bot knew what they are doing. :)

_Rumple_ #26 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I always had the feeling the bots were programmed to focus their fire on DD's, then CA/CL. Nothing substantive, just from playing PvE infrequently.

Taylor3006 #27 Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

Ensign

• Members

View Post_Rumple_, on 06 March 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

I always had the feeling the bots were programmed to focus their fire on DD's, then CA/CL. Nothing substantive, just from playing PvE infrequently.

They do, CVs are up there as well priority wise. From my experience it is DDs, CVs, CAs, then BBs for their preference. I have seen bot BBs ignore a player BB hitting them broadsides at close range to shoot at a DD half the map away. Really needs a tweak IMHO. 

AdmiralThunder #28 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

• Members

View PostTaylor3006, on 06 March 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

They do, CVs are up there as well priority wise. From my experience it is DDs, CVs, CAs, then BBs for their preference. I have seen bot BBs ignore a player BB hitting them broadsides at close range to shoot at a DD half the map away. Really needs a tweak IMHO. 

​I agree with this. Their priority target programming needs a tweak. I too have had a BB shoot at ME in a CL 14km+ away while it has 2+ BB's right next to it pounding away on it. Clearly I am not the threat to it that needs the most attention even if I am spamming it with HE. That and running in a straight line too long really are the 2 things most in need of attention for the Co-op BOTS. Other than that they can be tough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users