Jump to content


Broadside gets you killed - what does game chat tell us?

broadside longside rekt

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Herr_Reitz #1 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:24 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Testers

  • 5,773
  • Member since:
    08-18-2014

"Not if you got armor". 

 

So... some folks still believe it is safe to broadside "if you got armor". This is Tier 7/9 game play. Suggest they angle or bow on? "ST*U". 

 

Is there any hope? tia fyc 



TheStarSlayer #2 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:32 AM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Beta Testers

  • 1,242
  • Member since:
    10-27-2014
Sorry, we are well past the stage were folks have failed up to Tier X without learning gameplay basics.  Just try to stay alive so you don't need to rely on them to win a match.

My Warship Skins (Mostly Historical) Ships available: 

MikasaFusō, Nagato, Amagi, Zeonic ShimakazeArkansas β, Texas, BogueIndependence, SaipanRanger, Saratoga, König Albert, Leander, Minotaur

Latest:  Sweet Home Alabama


Herr_Reitz #3 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:40 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Testers

  • 5,773
  • Member since:
    08-18-2014

View PostTheStarSlayer, on 22 February 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

Sorry, we are well past the stage were folks have failed up to Tier X without learning gameplay basics.  Just try to stay alive so you don't need to rely on them to win a match.

 

True, true... its kinda like telling folks in the army, "firing your weapon from the standing position will get you killed" and them responding "not if you have body armor". Staggering. I keep hoping somehow, some way, this information will get to them, cut through the fog if you will... but nope. 



HowitzerBlitzer #4 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:44 AM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,041
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013
"Weird clouds" - My team a few days after the map Northern Lights was added.

 Signature by HowitzerBlitzer

Yam + Tomato = Yamato


madgiecool #5 Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 641
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

its a balance 

 

risk vs reward.

 

 



CalicoBill #6 Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 85
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014
If you notice replays from good players or in a battle in which you played well you see that you didn't engage the enemy in the first 3 or 4 minutes. If you let this time pass while you get into a better position or get a better idea of the other teams objectives then you last longer in the battle. The "Leroy Jenkins" of the world will be dead by then and you can get on with playing the game.

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."   

 

 


HazeGrayUnderway #7 Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:13 AM

    Rear Admiral

  • Members

  • 7,066
  • Member since:
    03-13-2015

View PostTheStarSlayer, on 22 February 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Sorry, we are well past the stage were folks have failed up to Tier X without learning gameplay basics.  Just try to stay alive so you don't need to rely on them to win a match.

 

It's infuriating to watch something like an Iowa on your team go full broadside and go stationary :angry:

Herr_Reitz #8 Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:13 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Testers

  • 5,773
  • Member since:
    08-18-2014

View PostCalicoBill, on 23 February 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

If you notice replays from good players or in a battle in which you played well you see that you didn't engage the enemy in the first 3 or 4 minutes. If you let this time pass while you get into a better position or get a better idea of the other teams objectives then you last longer in the battle. The "Leroy Jenkins" of the world will be dead by then and you can get on with playing the game.

 

This is acutely accurate to a degree... you ever get spawned alone, away from everyone else? You clearly can't move to attack because you'd get annihilated so you re-position. In the time you do this what you said happens.

 

The Belfast is teaching me a whole lot about finding a good position for gunning. Well guys... I just sorta kinda hoped people would get the idea by now, you know? Ah well...  



yUPPatriots #9 Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:56 AM

    Captain

  • Members

  • 4,024
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostHerr_Reitz, on 22 February 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Is there any hope?

 

There is none.

 

 

THREAD LOCKED.



comtedumas #10 Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:09 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 340
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View PostHerr_Reitz, on 23 February 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

"Not if you got armor". 

 

So... some folks still believe it is safe to broadside "if you got armor". This is Tier 7/9 game play. Suggest they angle or bow on? "ST*U". 

 

Is there any hope? tia fyc 

In the name of "balance they remove a naval tactic stretching back 400 years....

 

Seems to be a misstep...







Also tagged with broadside, longside, rekt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users