Ranked Battles Information - 2/22 Updated with Super League Mission Info

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

PyRo_MaNiaC #21 Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostHazardDrake, on 23 February 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

Radar: A broken "I Win" mechanic with zero counterplay. Made even more egregious by its ability to see through a freaking mountain.

I like that...and very accurate.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters..."  Colossians 3:23

"Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues." Proverbs 17:28

Show_Me_Your_Cits #22 Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Well, there goes any reason to even bother to go past R11 this season. To the people that decided to ruin it for everyone by AFKing: <insert string of colorful insults>. 
Muh 1337 stets. 

HazardDrake #23 Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostPyRo_MaNiaC, on 23 February 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

I like that...and very accurate.

Especially since it is a major tactic in ranked. Belfast humps island near cap. Hits radar, team further back in smoke cloud shoots the crap out of the other ships, rinse and repeat.

Ducati_Black #24 Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 22 February 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

Season 6 Starts -  February 10 at 08:00 PT / 11:00 ET
Season 6 Ends -  Mar. 23 at 16:30 PT / 19:30 ET

Rank Details

You're matched with other players based on your Rank. Ranks are divided into four levels (five counting the Super League). This provides a more level playing field and smoother matchmaking experience. By default, all players start at Rank 23. If you participated last season, you start with bonus stars equal to the number of ranks you ascended in the previous season. The number of stars for each rank are listed below. All Leagues except Super League use tier VII ships. 

Example: Fishy ended Season 5 at Rank 15. The lowest Rank that Season was Rank 23. Therefore, Fishy gets eight bonus stars applied to her record this Season, putting her at Rank 19. 

League 4 (Ranks 23 - 16)

• Rank 23: 1 Star
  • Rank 22-16: 2 Stars per Rank

League 3 (Ranks 15 - 11)

• 3 Stars per Rank 

League 2 (Ranks 10 - 6)

• 4 Stars per Rank

League 1 (Ranks 5 - 2)

• 5 Stars per Rank

At Ranks 23-16, you can't lose any earned Ranks.

Don't worry if you're ever on the losing team -- if you're first in XP earned, you won't lose a Star!

Prizes

Preview all the rewards by checking the "Profile" tab in the Port and hover your cursor over the ranks' cargo containers. Here are the most coveted items:

Unlike most Commemorative Flags, the ones earned during Ranked Battles Season 6 will give discounts to a ship's service cost when equipped. They're earned for reaching Rank 15, 10 and 5 accordingly and will be removed once the season ends.

Participation - "Commandant"

Rank 15 - Second League

-5% Service cost

Rank 10 - First League

-10% Service cost

Rank 5 - Premiere League

-20% Service cost

Rank 1 - Jolly Roger Forever!

• Jolly Roger Forever Flag"
• x100 "Type 3" Camouflage
• 2,500 Doubloons

Clarification! (2/6) You'll need to have reached Rank 1 in Seasons 2-6 in order to score USS Black, but the Rank 1s don't need to be across consecutive seasons to get  USS Flint. However, in Season 7 your five Rank 1's won't have to be consecutive to earn USS Black

✯ Bonus Prize for Achieving Rank 1 Across Three Separate Seasons ✯ 
Tier VII cruiser USS Flint

Bonus Prize for Achieving Rank 1 Across Five Separate Seasons ✯ 
Tier IX destroyer USS Black

Super League Mission

Once you get to Rank 1, you'll be in a Ranked battle with other "Super League" players, fighting to your heart's content at tier V with a repeatable mission to haul in Containers! 

Updated February 22: As of February 22 the Super League mission changed from "Play a Ranked Battle" to  "Play a Ranked Battle and place in your team’s top two XP earners."

This mission will be available between 14:00 PT (17:00 ET) and 20:00 PT (23:00 ET) every day of the Season.

Super League Mission

Updated as of February 22: Play a Ranked Battle and place in your team’s top two XP earners. 

• Must use a tier V ship
• Repeatable
• Ranked Battles only

Reward

• x1 Container

Hey man...that's not really fair considering this server JUST was able to play super league last night. All of the servers are going to be punished because of EU? We are more civilized than those heathens.

Doing things that are fun and engaging. 

StormSurgeAlpha #25 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

Seaman

• Members

Is this what you wanted, WG?

I ranked out yesterday and was eager to start collecting crates as compensation for the abysmal rewards gained for achieving new ranks (except for rank 1 itself, that reward was nice). The upgrade modules you gain along the way weren't such a reward because they would replace something else to use them, upgrades I don't want to give up. So, I was really looking forward to the crates as the true payoff for ranking out. Then I see no one is queued for playing in the Super League and find this controversy.

WG, everything about the Super League was a great idea except your reward policy was SO generous it allowed for collusion that stifled competitive and honest gameplay. Now you 'hit the brakes' on how many players get crates per battle that it killed any interest in playing at all, thus denying crate rewards to everyone. I hope you find a solution and implement it this season just as fast as you responded to how players were abusing the rewards system. Because I, like many others, worked very hard to get to rank 1 in hopes of acquiring the pot at the end of the rainbow.

You had a good idea about rewarding rank 1 players in Super League. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater by killing any interest in playing. If I understand the initial rewards system, everyone got a crate on both teams each battle. How about top 5 on winning team and top 3 (or just top 1) on losing team get a crate? Just a thought.

Edited by StormSurgeAlpha, 23 February 2017 - 03:43 PM.

Zampy #26 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

It's dead, Jim

pwadoc #27 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:49 PM

• Members

You screwed up the super league yet again. There were about a thousand other things you could have done to prevent people leaving games and getting the rewards, and you chose the one that would make everyone stop playing.

JTF_oscar #28 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

As a bb driver ranked is horrible this season too much smoke and hiding behind islands  that's why u get nagatos sitting back and firing from max range, if your going to allow ships too have so much smoke u better double the map size cause this is not very fun at all.

pR1mal_ #29 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

Seaman

• Members

The lack of irrevocable levels between ranks 12 and 1 (and no longer gaining a star with each new rank)  combined with a lack of signals and other rewards between ranks 11 and 1 make ranked into a serious grind.    Losing and gaining ranks like a yoyo is so unenjoyable that I have diminishing desire to participate in the grind.   Literally the only thing I care about is the jolly roger,  none of the other rewards interest me in the slightest.   Signals I can use,  but to obtain any useful quantity would require me to take a break from the month long ranked season to play a lot of randoms so I can grind out the campaign rewards.      Games are about entertainment,  and I realize that F2P games are about a carrot and a stick.  But the entire ranked experience from level 12 on up is more stick,  and less carrot.

I would love to know who WG is targeting with this season of ranked.   You can't have a season without the players,  and there are less players without incentives.

Edited by pR1mal_, 23 February 2017 - 07:02 PM.

CSV_defender #30 Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:14 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I get frustrated after reaching rank 14 then being put with BBs sitting in the rear with the gear while the cruisers and dds get hammered without fire support. It ends up lopsided and the stars keep disappearing.  Then you get team members who give you grief because you don't fall on your sword to make up for the bad play of others.  

Another problem is players who at flank speed cut between a 10k torp and the enemy ships like the last charge of General Custer.  Of course when they get torped running a screen for the ENEMY bbs at 8.5K you get cussed out and reported.  Its never their fault.  Can't ally ships get at least a 3 to 4K heads up on ally torps?  ARP cruisers have to go in like a dd to use their weapons just to make sure the Rambos don't get hit, and do it without the maneuverability and turret speed of dds and end up easy targets. 

The ranked teams either are really good or really bad.  There are very few close battles. It is a real grind to earn stars just to be put with noobies and lose them again and again.  Why can't you retain your level after 3 consecutive wins.  Or perhaps if you are one of the top 2 players on the losing side?  I have to agree with the guy who complained about the BBs staying out of range, which is fine, as long as they are laying down effective fire and defending an area or defending a base.  But that isn't happening.  They either act like dds forcing a weapons hold status for my 10k torps or they stay in the rear and wait.....very frustrating.  Required training before playing ranked battles should be mandatory. 

Edited by CSV_defender, 24 February 2017 - 03:25 PM.

Sovereigndawg #31 Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

Ensign

• Members

I think ranked needs a lot of work but will continue the grind until Rank 1 or time runs out. Until something changes that's all I can do. I would give up Military month contributor and run the Jolly Rodger on my ships.

RevTKS #32 Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:30 AM

• Members

I think the fact that Rank 1 players had such a high number of people willing to game the system speaks volumes about the toxic player problem we have. 

The fact that the Rank 1 players are not embarrassed or outraged at their fellow players, who ruined the league...not WG, says even more. 

No one is mad at the cheaters. No one is calling out for them to punished. Just....complaints about no more goodies. 

Basically, you guys have said the system was easy to cheat so thats why it happened. When the answer is, people who got to Rank 1 were expected to be good players but also appreciate the special situation they were enjoying....instead of cheating the system.

Special_Kay #33 Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostRevTKS, on 26 February 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

I think the fact that Rank 1 players had such a high number of people willing to game the system speaks volumes about the toxic player problem we have. 

The fact that the Rank 1 players are not embarrassed or outraged at their fellow players, who ruined the league...not WG, says even more. 

No one is mad at the cheaters. No one is calling out for them to punished. Just....complaints about no more goodies. 

Basically, you guys have said the system was easy to cheat so thats why it happened. When the answer is, people who got to Rank 1 were expected to be good players but also appreciate the special situation they were enjoying....instead of cheating the system.

First of all, in an open community where the members have no control over who else joins, of course it's important to have order through restriction. You can't have a heavily exploitable game and expect everyone to conduct themselves with restraint unless you are screening every single person who joins, and even then there will be those who slip through. Wargaming is here, on the forums, and has a known interest in improving the game. We cannot say the same for those who exploited the super league, so why would we focus on how we want them to change here? A moment's thought would make this self-evident.

Second, and more importantly, this community didn't have the problem. It was, however, a serious issue in the EU region from what I've heard. I think the fact you are willing to condemn this community on imperfect information and your own biased assumption speaks volumes, not the least of which being a big hint for where you should start your search for toxicity. Stop being part of the problem you're accusing others of ignoring.

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

RevTKS #34 Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

• Members

View PostSpecial_Kay, on 26 February 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

First of all, in an open community where the members have no control over who else joins, of course it's important to have order through restriction. You can't have a heavily exploitable game and expect everyone to conduct themselves with restraint unless you are screening every single person who joins, and even then there will be those who slip through. Wargaming is here, on the forums, and has a known interest in improving the game. We cannot say the same for those who exploited the super league, so why would we focus on how we want them to change here? A moment's thought would make this self-evident.

Second, and more importantly, this community didn't have the problem. It was, however, a serious issue in the EU region from what I've heard. I think the fact you are willing to condemn this community on imperfect information and your own biased assumption speaks volumes, not the least of which being a big hint for where you should start your search for toxicity. Stop being part of the problem you're accusing others of ignoring.

...lol. Another forum 'post count' contributor. There are a small number of you (10 or 20) that post in almost every thread...most of the time with useless, catty posts. So, you chastising me...kettle.

Edited by RevTKS, 26 February 2017 - 07:01 PM.

Special_Kay #35 Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostRevTKS, on 26 February 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

...lol. Another forum 'post count' contributor. There are a small number of you (10 or 20) that post in almost every thread...most of the time with useless, catty posts. So, you chastising me...kettle.

The difference is I provided a counterargument to your blanket criticism by pointing out your false assumptions, while you're using my post count to construct a weak ad hominem argument. That's not the end of Graham's Hierarchy you want to operate at.

As an aside, if you're frequently finding yourself at odds with folks who have ample forum experience, stop and ask yourself if there is a reason for that. Such as, you know, levelling misinformed blanket criticisms towards the community at large.

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

Lord_Zath #36 Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

I hit Rank 1 but after the SL games were "fixed."  I was looking forward to playing Tier 5 ships and NOT being stuck in Tier 7 games.  Sadly, I haven't been able to get into a SL game because no one wants to play them anymore :(.

RevTKS #37 Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:23 AM

• Members

View PostSpecial_Kay, on 26 February 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

The difference is I provided a counterargument to your blanket criticism by pointing out your false assumptions, while you're using my post count to construct a weak ad hominem argument. That's not the end of Graham's Hierarchy you want to operate at.

As an aside, if you're frequently finding yourself at odds with folks who have ample forum experience, stop and ask yourself if there is a reason for that. Such as, you know, levelling misinformed blanket criticisms towards the community at large.

People who have ample forum experience generally are trying to achieve ST or CC status and your 5000plus post count tells me you are here for a post count. 

In case I wasn't clear enough, I find you to be insignificant and/or laughable. Your use of eloquent pedantics doesn't change that. Continue with your rhetoric if you must, when it ceases to amuse me I will just set you to ignore. 

Lol.

SIEDOGG #38 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Just a bad meta all around this season. Hopefully they won't do this again. 

ADM_Dixon #39 Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

ranked out a few days ago and was really looking forward to playing some super league battles thanks WG for ruining that

SgtMajorBuzz #40 Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I ranked out last week. I have never seen more than 3 people waiting in queue for Super League, with me being 1 of them. I waited 45 minutes one day, just to see if maybe enough people would join, or if maybe a match would end, but nothing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users