• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

NikoPower #1 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

Community Coordinator

• Developers

Season 6 Starts -  February 10 at 08:00 PT / 11:00 ET
Season 6 Ends -  Mar. 23 at 16:30 PT / 19:30 ET

Rank Details

You're matched with other players based on your Rank. Ranks are divided into four levels (five counting the Super League). This provides a more level playing field and smoother matchmaking experience. By default, all players start at Rank 23. If you participated last season, you start with bonus stars equal to the number of ranks you ascended in the previous season. The number of stars for each rank are listed below. All Leagues except Super League use tier VII ships. 

Example: Fishy ended Season 5 at Rank 15. The lowest Rank that Season was Rank 23. Therefore, Fishy gets eight bonus stars applied to her record this Season, putting her at Rank 19. 

League 4 (Ranks 23 - 16)

• Rank 23: 1 Star
  • Rank 22-16: 2 Stars per Rank

League 3 (Ranks 15 - 11)

• 3 Stars per Rank 

League 2 (Ranks 10 - 6)

• 4 Stars per Rank

League 1 (Ranks 5 - 2)

• 5 Stars per Rank

At Ranks 23-16, you can't lose any earned Ranks.

Don't worry if you're ever on the losing team -- if you're first in XP earned, you won't lose a Star!

Prizes

Preview all the rewards by checking the "Profile" tab in the Port and hover your cursor over the ranks' cargo containers. Here are the most coveted items:

Unlike most Commemorative Flags, the ones earned during Ranked Battles Season 6 will give discounts to a ship's service cost when equipped. They're earned for reaching Rank 15, 10 and 5 accordingly and will be removed once the season ends.

Participation - "Commandant"

Rank 15 - Second League

-5% Service cost

Rank 10 - First League

-10% Service cost

Rank 5 - Premiere League

-20% Service cost

Rank 1 - Jolly Roger Forever!

• Jolly Roger Forever Flag"
• x100 "Type 3" Camouflage
• 2,500 Doubloons

Clarification! (2/6) You'll need to have reached Rank 1 in Seasons 2-6 in order to score USS Black, but the Rank 1s don't need to be across consecutive seasons to get  USS Flint. However, in Season 7 your five Rank 1's won't have to be consecutive to earn USS Black

✯ Bonus Prize for Achieving Rank 1 Across Three Separate Seasons ✯ 
Tier VII cruiser USS Flint

Bonus Prize for Achieving Rank 1 Across Five Separate Seasons ✯ 
Tier IX destroyer USS Black

Super League Mission

Once you get to Rank 1, you'll be in a Ranked battle with other "Super League" players, fighting to your heart's content at tier V with a repeatable mission to haul in Containers! 

Updated February 22: As of February 22 the Super League mission changed from "Play a Ranked Battle" to  "Play a Ranked Battle and place in your team’s top two XP earners."

This mission will be available between 14:00 PT (17:00 ET) and 20:00 PT (23:00 ET) every day of the Season.

Super League Mission

Updated as of February 22: Play a Ranked Battle and place in your team’s top two XP earners. 

• Must use a tier V ship
• Repeatable
• Ranked Battles only

Reward

• x1 Container

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

RivertheRoyal #2 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Huh. So now you have to be one of the best among the best in order to get a container. That's gonna be frustrating. 
River's Guide on Writing a Good Post—Required reading for some.

12thDoctor #3 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 22 February 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

Super League Mission

Updated as of February 22: Play a Ranked Battle and place in your team’s top two XP earners. 

• Must use a tier V ship
• Repeatable
• Ranked Battles only

Reward

• x1 Container

:(  So very sad.... so sad you're making the internetz cry.

Now gotta be top two to get let down with 4 junk flags!  :sceptic:

... I need a tissue.

*** EDIT BECAUSE: It was pointed out why this happened.  see: http://forum.worldof...9#entry1664519 

This makes a bit more sense to me now (would have been nice if Niko let us know it was because of abuse -- rather then the assumption that it was another "typo").

Edited by 12thDoctor, 23 February 2017 - 12:32 AM.

"Most people aren't reasonable. Most people don't care about what's reasonable. No one I know is reasonable. I'm not reasonable. Reason is nonsense. People are beliefs, feelings, and emotions, not reason. Accept this and you'll understand people pretty well. Also, beliefs, feelings, and emotions are superior to reason. Why? Because I said so. GET WITH THE PROGRAM."

-Hiroe, World of Warships NA Forums 2017  

TornadoADV #4 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:34 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Wow, that's pretty low.

FratStar4Life #5 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

Ensign

• Supertester

Yeah, not wasting my time in super league...

They are too hard to organize for super league games to actually start and now you want to remove the reward structure... No thanks :popcorn:

NA:

​EU:

OverPowered Gaming [OPG]       

Kombat_W0MBAT #6 Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostFratStar4Life, on 22 February 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

They are too hard to organize for super league games to actually start and now you want to remove the reward structure... No thanks :popcorn:

Any semblance of motivation to rank out has since disappeared.

Sad that people choose to abuse the system and ruin it for others. 

http://forum.worldof...19#entry1664519

Gaishu_Isshoku #7 Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:03 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Yeah, there goes my motivation to play Super League. I predict a total of 2 whole matches played in it this season.

"There are eight sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty five sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty seven sail of the line, Sir John"

"Enough, sir, no more of that; the die is cast, and if there are fifty sail I will go through them".

your friendly neighbourhood high tier cruiser player

RedSeaBear #8 Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:04 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Super League sound fun on paper. But the amount of time it takes to over come potato teams who drag a player down and insure they lose their star because a Battleship sat at max range sniping isn't sounding like its worth the effort. 

Don't get me wrong I plan to rank out this season but once thats done I'm going to need a break and maybe some therapy. 

WG I would rather see you make a Ranked system that rewards good players not the AFKs, the dead weights and the potatoes. 

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Lord_Zath #9 Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

I was really looking forward to (hopefully) ranking out soon and scoring some sweet loot for my troubles with tier 5 ships that are just fun to play...  

Edited by Lord_Zath, 23 February 2017 - 12:34 AM.

Herr_Reitz #10 Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:49 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostKombat_W0MBAT, on 22 February 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Any semblance of motivation to rank out has since disappeared.

Sad that people choose to abuse the system and ruin it for others. 

http://forum.worldof...19#entry1664519

Hey thanks for the link... good to see "others" behave similarly when the rug is yanked out from underneath of them. There's hope for us all after all!

Gotta say... if I had got that far only to have this change implemented... man... and once again of course, I must ask: 

"Did they not see this coming? Has past experience taught them nothing? Do they feel all those who 'rank out' are honest, hard-working players with integrity, with honor?"

They need to ask themselves - with every promotion, with everything they do that involves giving things to players, two basic questions:

#1. Can players game this competition?

#2. If so, what options do we have to prevent that yet remain on task for the rest of our honorable players?

Sad that people reaching that level of play would do this. 

Aduial #11 Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

I understand why the change happened, but I think even just top 5 would have been good enough. Top 2 is too restrictive. 

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami, Myoko, Clemson, T8 Fubuki (sadly, the T6 Fubuki doesn't feel quite as good), Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

My topics: Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles              Mogami deserves a buff           Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

Special_Kay #12 Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:16 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

If the point of the change was only to deter the poor behaviour, they could have given double rewards to the top half of each team, keeping the total rewards per match consistent. Assuming they weren't prepared to quickly issue a patch to deny rewards for those who leave before they've sunk, which would be the obvious solution.

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

HazardDrake #13 Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:40 AM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostRedSeaBear, on 23 February 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Super League sound fun on paper. But the amount of time it takes to over come potato teams who drag a player down and insure they lose their star because a Battleship sat at max range sniping isn't sounding like its worth the effort. 

Don't get me wrong I plan to rank out this season but once thats done I'm going to need a break and maybe some therapy. 

WG I would rather see you make a Ranked system that rewards good players not the AFKs, the dead weights and the potatoes. 

I was initially drawn back into ranked with the allure of the USS Black, but the last several weeks have brought me back to reality.

This season would only be my third ranking out, meaning I would get the Flint. A nerfed Atlanta that is a reward in the same way that a rancid oyster is fine dining.

I would have to endure two more seasons to get five, and for what? A premium Fletcher. I already have a Fletcher with gold camo and a 19 point captian. It sh**s silver and XP 8 days a week and is only eclipsed by my pimped out Gold Gearing. You can't just dump any captian into a Fletcher class and do well like you can with a Murmansk or a Scharnhorst, so its 'captian training' potential is extremely limited. With the addition of Elite Captain XP, any ship with a 19 point captian is now a premium ship for the most part.

Oh sure, we've seen the videos of how hilariously overpowered the Black currently is, but is it really gonna make it to live like that? Probably not. The radar is probably gonna get stripped out and it will be left with the nuclear tipped sea mines. Still a good ship, but not worth slamming my nuts in a car door for 5 ranked seasons.

If it does make it live in its current form it will be the Gold Type 59 of WoWS. Shot on sight by teammates who have suffered through a smoking and radar-ing Black.

This season of Ranked, like past seasons, makes the games flaws painfully obvious and impossible to ignore like they can often be in randoms.

Radar: A broken "I Win" mechanic with zero counterplay. Made even more egregious by its ability to see through a freaking mountain. We told you that Radar through islands was broken and now look at the mess you have with world of Belfasts in S6? Hydro gets a pass for now since its range is short and sound can travel around corners. 

Top looser doesn't lose a star: Every proponent of this idea in season 2 and 3 wanted it included in addition to the extra star when ranking up. Instead, WG replaced the extra star with the looser keeping a star. A shining example of listening to the community, implimenting their good ideas, and producing a result that nobody wanted...

The result is that the people most deserving of loosing a star, camping and sniping BBs, can survive to the end and manage top XP. Meanwhile, the cruisers and DDs who tried and died, because their teams big guns were busy sniffing glue in the back, are left a star down.

Not so random randoms: With the low population vs randoms you frequently find yourself saddled with the same sacks of crapgame after game after game. I had the same worthless Scharnhorst driver in three straight games on Tuesday who camped the blue line the entire game while trying to snipe the ships we spotted. The part that made me start punching babies was the fact that he got top star in 2 out of those 3 games by damage farming once the game was lost and the enemy team just charged in to break him open like a piniata.

I finally escaped having to deal with that twit, only to twice find myself on a team with two more twits that I had heard about via chat banter in other games. Living up to their reputation, both camped the back hard and then blamed the failure on the DDs who "died too fast".

Bad teammates will balance out over a thousand plus games, but Ranked is a few hundred games. In randoms, your performance in one game doesn't decide your fate beyond that game. In ranked it does. In Randoms you have enough players on each team that one twit will usually be balanced by another, you don't in ranked.

Endless domination games. Epicenter was an interesting addition, but ends up having the same problem. Matches begin playing out more-of-less the same way every time on every map. There isn't the ability to 'try something' like you can in randoms.

In addition, some Ranked maps are appearing to have potential balance issues. The Trident map seems to be heavily biased to the north spawn with the Ranked 2-cap meta. The north spawn has fantadtic island cover right next to B cap. Island placement at A cap allows north spawn DDs to make a 180 degree smoke ring between the large island east of A cap and the island to the NW of it. The island to the SW of that large island is too close for a 180 turn. DDs must make a 3 point turn or sail far into A cap and into return fire when smoking for the team.

North map continues to have B cap in a favorable position for north spawn due to the islands shape allowing north to have a clear firing lane into virtually all of B while remaining safe from most return fire. A cap remains the game of Russian Roulette it has always been since the size of the circle was reduced after season 2.

Do this for season 7: Every map is standard battle type caps. Except the game doesn't end if the enemy captures your cap, they just gain points twice as fast and you don't gain any. This eliminates the absolute need to camp your base and allows for a comeback. Also, get rid of top looser keeps a star and bring back gaining a star at ALL RANKS.

That's all my jaded, sleep deprived brain can think of right now. I'm sure I missed some things.

Aduial #14 Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:55 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostHazardDrake, on 22 February 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

A nerfed Atlanta that is a reward in the same way that a rancid oyster is fine dining.

Do you realize that it gets a smokescreen, and 9.2km torps? I would hardly call that a nerf. It's just different, not worse. 

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami, Myoko, Clemson, T8 Fubuki (sadly, the T6 Fubuki doesn't feel quite as good), Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

My topics: Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles              Mogami deserves a buff           Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

GoldenFishLine #15 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:43 AM

Seaman

• Members

Well, just got into rank 1 today so didn't really get to play the super league. I definitely see the reason of removing loot boxes for everyone, however I felt the change was way over done and something like the bottom 2 get nothing or everyone on the winning team get a box makes more sense.

If you think about it, there really isn't a reason to play the super league if one's only able to get a loot box every 1/3.5 games (granted, if you're super unicum then your chance might be better, though everyone at r1 is really good) when I can just play a few games of Missouri/T8 prem/T10 with camo as I'm fairly certain 1-2million credits and better xp/commander xp is better than a single loot box.

HazardDrake #16 Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:54 AM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostAduial, on 23 February 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

Do you realize that it gets a smokescreen, and 9.2km torps? I would hardly call that a nerf. It's just different, not worse. 

It doesn't get radar, looses 2 guns on the broadside, and looses long range AA DPS for much less useful mid-range DPS. The torpedo arcs are 'meh' at best, limiting when you can actually use those torpedoes.

If I wanted to play a Flint I would just division up with a USN DD. Island humping isn't my idea of a good time and that's the only thing the Flint is good at. Call me a CBT player, but that crap would get you dead back then. Shooting them in open water smoke is just too easy due to the rate of fire. Radar equipped ships and torpedoes also tend to make quick work of them when not island humping. Unlike UK CL, they don't have top fuel dragster levels of acceleration.

I've played my Yubari more than my Atlanta recently. Flint just isn't a ship I would play.

That gave me an idea. So I went and pulled up stats.

There are at least 130 Iwaki Alpas and 151 Flints on NA. Over the last 2 weeks, the Alpha, a ship not considered to be OP, was played 333 times vs 304 for the Flint. That's ALL PVP. Break it down to Solo, and not 3-ship troll-Flint/Atlanta/Atlanta divisions, and its 236 vs 187. So Flint is so great that people who have an Iwaki Alpha are playing it more than the people who own a Flint.

By contrast: 1,026 people who own a Nikaloi, a genuinely overpowered ship, played 5,126 games over the last 2 weeks.

Black would be nice to have, even if it didn't have the radar. (Which it damm well better not be released with.) I already have a Gold Fletcher and Gearing though, so Black is redundant. If I want something rare to impress people with, the contents of my back yard will do that to far more people than a pixel ship.

So again, this jaded captian just isn't seeing the point anymore.

RHINO_Mk_II #17 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostFratStar4Life, on 22 February 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

The rewards are still there, if you're good enough...

Ranked Season 43rd place (70.23% wins) of 3550 players | Ranked Season 53rd place (72.73% wins) of 3484 players | Ranked Season 61st place (79.03% wins) of 4323 players

Supremacy League Season 21st place | Supremacy League Season 3 Gold Division1st place

Binx_Lucky #18 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:27 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Anddddd super league remains useless as last season. Let's just start season 7 already so I can get my next free ship since those are obviously the only good rewards we will be getting

Pegneus #19 Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

and rank 1 queue died again this season, why not make it like you need some baseexp to get a container. for all new players ranked is .... because of the low rewards in rank 11-1. what a shame. i feel scamed

IJN_Yamato_BB17 #20 Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

Seaman

• Members

Hey NikoPower, I know this is not relevant to this topic but can you please give me a time frame of when the High School Collaboration might start? I have looked every where and couldn't find anything.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users