rank battles

rank battles

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

alanbay #1 Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

rank battles are still the same as before. you "may" have control over the damage you deal out, (maybe) but the wins and  loses are all up to the RNG and the matchmaker. with so few players  on both sides all it takes is one player to screw the possible win. rank battles are for team players, (clans are what I main. ) I hope my English is understandable. so try to have fun playing if you can and good hunting to you all. see you on the high seas. hehe

Bravo_Zulu_000 #2 Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

I know I rarely play WoWS because the ranked rewards of severely OP premium ships is game breaking. I'll just hop on, play a few Co-op matches for fun and play something else.  
Ready Aye Ready!

desmo_2 #3 Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostBravo_Zulu_000, on 21 February 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

I know I rarely play WoWS because the ranked rewards of severely OP premium ships is game breaking. I'll just hop on, play a few Co-op matches for fun and play something else.  

What "severely OP premium ships" that are "game breaking" are you referring to???  Honest question...

TheGreatKiller26 #4 Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:29 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Flint and the USS Black
light.png

alanbay #5 Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

yea I'm right. rank battles are what many players call bull crap. its not really a good program. I'm sure you wont see many players playing it. win a battle lose a battle win a battle lose a battle  so sick. hehe.

Ghost_Raven75 #6 Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester

View Postdesmo_2, on 21 February 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

What "severely OP premium ships" that are "game breaking" are you referring to???  Honest question...

Belfast

"Вся моя жизнь была ВМФ СССР. Я сделал свой выбор молодым и никогда не сожалел об этом" - Никола́й Гера́симович Кузнецо́в

Bill_Halsey #7 Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postalanbay, on 21 February 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

rank battles are still the same as before. you "may" have control over the damage you deal out, (maybe) but the wins and  loses are all up to the RNG and the matchmaker. with so few players  on both sides all it takes is one player to screw the possible win. rank battles are for team players, (clans are what I main. ) I hope my English is understandable. so try to have fun playing if you can and good hunting to you all. see you on the high seas. hehe

Ranked battles require that you play your "A" game and more importantly know how to play as part of a tm. And just as importantly, be able to carry the tm when everyone decides to run away at the point of contact. You will have to communicate by chat of what you intend to do.  You call out targets. You call out target priority (DD, CA BB in that order). You have to be aware of what is going on and not stick your head and in the scope and forget everything else. Either look at the mini map or look around once in a while.

I've been in matches where no one dies until the 10 minute mark and then things go south for one tm or the other. I've been in massacres (the killer and the killed) on both sides and game over at the 5 min mark. I've been in matches were it becomes 2 vs 1 in the end.

To win in ranking you have to do 2 things: Kill at least 2 ships, live past the 10 min mark. What counts is if you and your tm wins (or be high score if you lose). A good team also helps, but be easier to plan for the worse.

What helps me is if I lose a game, I take a break, decompress and try again when I'm calm. So I hope these tips work.

Edited by Bill_Halsey, 21 February 2017 - 06:27 PM.

DeathLord1969 #8 Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Last night, a player that made it to rank 1 said that queue was empty.

Main page shows only 3 players at rank 1.

But just like last season and maybe the season before, people get stuck at rank 15. #Forever15.

Ranked play is a joke. You get casuals that join in that have NO competitive bone in their body & don't care if they win or lose. THAT is what kills ranked season after season.

Also, since it's tier 7 only, it's placed a limit on people's options on what to use.

Personally, I haven't seen anyone claim that they are loving this season. I DO however, see a lot of people complaining about it.

TBH, I don't think wg has a clue as to what people think or want in ranked battles since they never seem to ask us.

Edited by DeathLord1969, 21 February 2017 - 06:33 PM.

Ujenele #9 Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostBill_Halsey, on 21 February 2017 - 06:25 PM, Didnt really say:

To win in ranking you have to, live past the 10 min mark. What counts is if be high score if you lose. A good team also helps, but be easier to plan for the worse.

This is so what is wrong with Ranked battles.  I was really looking forward to it, but waaayy to many people are star farming instead of focusing on winning.  Its sad and boring.  The only bright side is I have had the best (aggresive, tactical, fast paced) tier 8,9, and 10 battles since ranked season has started. ( I wonder where all the camping BBabbies have gone???????)

Edited by Ujenele, 21 February 2017 - 06:47 PM.

I am a Beta Tester - fun is not my objective but fun will be had.

I will test all manners of balance and unbalance with zeal and objectivity.

I will provide constructive criticism and thoughtful suggestions.

I will not whine, I will not whine. For I am a Beta TESTER.

Fastwolf66 #10 Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I'm liking the actual ranked season. Can play without premiums, my two best ships are nagato and shiratsuyu. Belfast is a beast, of course, but not an "instawin". The only BAD part is that ALL radars are on premium ships (belfast, atlanta, indianapolis) so there is a "pay for radar" flavour. But can compete without trouble without premiums, nagato far better than scharnhorst IMHO, shirat has torp walls (cannot knife fight, but has real menacing torps and excellent concealment)

So is not so bad, im liking it more than the "world of bensons" last ranked season

SIEDOGG #11 Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:58 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

So tired of trying to completely carry so many bad teams just to end up losing a star by a few points to kill stealing scrubs camping the back in the BBS.

MajorHavoc #12 Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

You really think the class that can fire every 35 seconds and has the dispersion of a bottle rocket is there trying to steal kills?  Also, in ranked, once a bb commits he's there.  Very few dd's smoke them and in ranked, if they have to turn around they're probably gonna eat 7 torps and take 5 citadels.  I don't even really like playing them, but thought I would chime in.  Also, this thread is totally miscatagorized :P.  

GeneralPattons3rd #13 Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:09 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

so how do I go from rank of 15 with 2 stars and then win a battle just to go down to rank 14?  Fix this so hard just to win one battle with the IDIOTS you stick me with!  And look at the morons you stick me with.

Edited by GeneralPattons3rd, 27 February 2017 - 07:09 AM.

DeathLord1969 #14 Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostGeneralPattons3rd, on 27 February 2017 - 02:09 AM, said:

so how do I go from rank of 15 with 2 stars and then win a battle just to go down to rank 14?  Fix this so hard just to win one battle with the IDIOTS you stick me with!  And look at the morons you stick me with.

You won so you climbed to rank 14 & you're upset?

You don't go down to 14 from 15. You go up to 14 from 15.

LuckyLee99 #15 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I have played a few, but not a fan of Premium ships to play Ranked Battles! I have played hard to make it to the Colorado, same with my son. I refuse to buy a premium ship to be able to actually compete. Time this was fixed, when a destroyer can kill a BB with not just torps but a gun that can fire a steady stream of shells, while a BB has to wait 34 seconds to shoot back.  I played again tonight and watched my teammates wait for me in a BB (earned one) to take on 4 other players while they hid. Next time I will KILL YOU MYSELF!

Edited by LuckyLee99, 09 March 2017 - 04:34 AM.

Also tagged with rank battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users