Jump to content


I waited three minutes in queue for insta-detonate!

detonation frustration

  • Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

McDoob #1 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 211
  • Member since:
    07-11-2016

St. Louis; Protected Cruiser, or Piece of Crap?

 

Waited nearly three minutes in the queue, just to have the first shell to hit my ship cause detonation. How is this a thing?

Congratulations, WG, you've set a new record in how quickly your game can [censored] me off (was my first, and last, match of the weekend)! THIS is why I refuse to give you my hard-earned dollar!

 

Replay:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!...SrLs2vra131FYDQ

 

It's bad enough dealing with idiot team mates, toxic chat, AFK'ers, TK'ers, and all of the other [censored]'ers in the game. Then you throw stuff like that into the mix. I am so frustrated that there is a very good chance I will not play this game at all for a while. I may even uninstall it.

 

/rant

 

[EDIT: Please respect my doctor's wish that I stick to a low-salt lifestyle.]


Edited by McDoob, 18 February 2017 - 08:50 PM.


MrEndeavour #2 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 461
  • Member since:
    03-26-2015

Detonation signals. Mount them. Don't detonate. Problem solved. 

 


[-K-]

 

Ranked Season 6: Rank 1: 116 battles, 65% win rate

"Sometimes the smartest thing you can do is to play dumb"


IceSerpen7 #3 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,993
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014
I heard that there are signal flags which prevent that from happening... :yes_cap:

TheKrimzonDemon #4 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,886
  • Member since:
    10-22-2015
That's just wrong. :D

I drive ships. That's right, drive. I do not sail them. They don't have sails.


RivertheRoyal #5 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:30 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,821
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016
Our lord RNG works in mysterious ways....

pmgaudio #6 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Members

  • 7,749
  • Member since:
    05-30-2013

Detonationthread....
third for the day...

Flags earned.... now you have TEN worry free battles ahead of you....




 “Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

 

:child:


Lert #7 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

    Admiral

  • Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

  • 10,440
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Wear the flag. Use the module. Getting detonated is a choice.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

 

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool


_Luna #8 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Alpha Tester

  • 625
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Honestly, I don't get why people get so pissed about detonations.

They are infrequent enough and happen so suddenly that I'm usually left laughing when they happen.

They only thing I would like to see changed is if a player is detonated in the first few minutes of a battle they get thrown a little bit of XP on top of the flags as a sort of consolation prize.



Ghostdog1355 #9 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 809
  • Member since:
    04-28-2016
I remember when I first started playing and I got detonated and got an "achievement". I thought well cool I got an achievement and then read what it takes to get one. Kind of sat back and to myself well that is actually bad!

"The reason we call ships 'she' is that is costs so much to keep one in paint and powder." - Chester W. Nimitz

~ USS Texas (BB-35) ~


renegadestatuz #10 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,576
  • Member since:
    07-03-2013
HMS Hood says hi.
dark.png

slak__ #11 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

    Admiral of the Navy

  • Members

  • 15,242
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013

It's your fault, you played her wrong and deserve to be Detonated:trollface:

 

Dets are stupid.


 

 


Reymu #12 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,961
  • Member since:
    10-16-2015

LOL


Always down for helping anyone learn. Hands-on guy, so I'll division with ya and observe how you're handling your ship. Click orange contacts button, use search bar for player's name, and right-click to add.


Eric_Von_Hess #13 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 618
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostMcDoob, on 17 February 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

St. Louis; Protected Cruiser, or Piece of Crap?

 

Waited nearly three minutes in the queue, just to have the first shell to hit my ship cause detonation. How is this a thing?

Congratulations, WG, you've set a new record in how quickly your game can [censored] me off (was my first, and last, match of the weekend)! THIS is why I refuse to give you my hard-earned dollar!

 

Replay:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!...SrLs2vra131FYDQ

 

It's bad enough dealing with idiot team mates, toxic chat, AFK'ers, TK'ers, and all of the other [censored]'ers in the game. Then you throw stuff like that into the mix. I am so frustrated that there is a very good chance I will not play this game at all for a while. I may even uninstall it.

 

/rant

 

[EDIT: Please respect my doctor's wish that I stick to a low-salt lifestyle.]

 

​You won't be missed ........hehehehehe 

McDoob #14 Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 211
  • Member since:
    07-11-2016

View PostIceSerpen7, on 17 February 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

I heard that there are signal flags which prevent that from happening... :yes_cap:

 

I am aware of both module and flag. Thank you, though.

Am I expected to assign the first module and flag slot of every ship I own to removing a game mechanic that shouldn't really be there to begin with (in my opinion)?

 

Don't bother bringing up real life examples of detonations. This is not real life. There are plenty of examples of where realism has been sacrificed for gameplay.

 

View PostRivertheRoyal, on 17 February 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Our lord RNG works in mysterious ways....

 

I already know RNGesus hates me. Him and MM have been screwing me since my first match.



McDoob #15 Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 211
  • Member since:
    07-11-2016

View PostEric_Von_Hess, on 17 February 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

 

​You won't be missed ........hehehehehe 

 

And so begins the expected salt-fest. I guess my doctor is gonna be disappointed.

Edited by McDoob, 17 February 2017 - 06:17 PM.


McDoob #16 Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 211
  • Member since:
    07-11-2016

View Post_Luna, on 17 February 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Honestly, I don't get why people get so pissed about detonations.

They are infrequent enough and happen so suddenly that I'm usually left laughing when they happen.

They only thing I would like to see changed is if a player is detonated in the first few minutes of a battle they get thrown a little bit of XP on top of the flags as a sort of consolation prize.

 

You know, it's not so much the detonation itself that infuriated me so. I've had it happen before, and it wasn't exactly a happy moment, but it didn't bother me this much. It's more about the circumstances around it.

First match in a while, three minute queue time, first shell detonates. Game over. Least satisfying match I've ever played.

 



tcbaker777 #17 Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Members

  • 1,256
  • Member since:
    11-04-2015
Image result for here we go again gif imgur  aaaaand another detonation thread

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

onClksA.jpg


SeaKnight_1990 #18 Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 410
  • Member since:
    10-23-2015

View PostIceSerpen7, on 17 February 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

I heard that there are signal flags which prevent that from happening... :yes_cap:

 

And I think I got a crap ton of them, courtesy of a supercontainer. Don't worry about me for a while. 

 

dark.png


McDoob #19 Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 211
  • Member since:
    07-11-2016

View Posttcbaker777, on 17 February 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

[annoying gif removed] aaaaand another detonation thread

 

View PostMcDoob, on 17 February 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

 

And so begins the expected salt-fest. I guess my doctor is gonna be disappointed.

 


Edited by McDoob, 17 February 2017 - 06:19 PM.


tcbaker777 #20 Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Members

  • 1,256
  • Member since:
    11-04-2015

View PostMcDoob, on 17 February 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

 

 

 

am i salty? no, just saying that the amount of "detonation" threads on the forums is astonishingly high, and that gif is a work of art mind you

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

onClksA.jpg





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users