Notser's New Ranked DD Play Video Shows Gunboats Broken in DD Engagements.

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

NeutralState #1 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

As the video demonstrates. There's literally nothing IJN DD can do against gunboats. The camo value means little because at the relative speed of both DDs approaching each other, there's no time for IJN DD to disengage. Once IJN DD is spotted, it's pretty much dead.

IJN DDs should have a turn radius buff.

夕雲型一番艦、夕雲、着任しました。

Mutsuki Overview, Kagero Overview, Yugumo Overview

TheKrimzonDemon #2 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Right, because Notser is always right. I took on a Mahan with a Shiratsuyu. Long story short: I survived, Mahan didn't.

Gunboats are not broken, player ability and skill is broken.

Ships that I drive around looking for parking: Way more than I should be allowed to. 85 and counting. Nuff said.

Mesrith #3 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • Beta Testers

This is not a 1v1 game where every ship should be balanced against every other ship.  Most ships have a scenario where they're relatively helpless unless there's a large skill gap between players.

This is also not new information.  IJN destroyers have always struggled in 1v1 against most other destroyers in a pure gunfight.

renegadestatuz #4 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

It's always been like this....
dark.png

Naughtius_Maximus #5 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

They are even more garbage now than before. Shima in particular got nerfed pretty badly when they kept the already low DPM the same.

Basically need to fire more to achieve the same DPM. But with the turret traverse it just meant it had to forego maneuvering to achieve the old DPM.

RivertheRoyal #6 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Ensign

• Members

Had a game where I pub-stomped the three enemy DD's, and their Belfast. Two of the DD's were killed by my guns. Ah, and this was in my Shiratsuyu. 

Stats? What Stats~?

A self-aware tater will always learn and get better making them not a tater, as opposed to a non-self aware tater—who is definitively just a tater.

Supercontainers—How to Buff? 

RedSeaBear #7 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Maybe you should go watch the Flamu video that came out today, where he is playing an IJN DD in Ranked.

Learning to play a ship to its strengths while denying your enemies the strengths of their ships is a high level skill in WoWs.

Its not easy and I'm in no way able to pull it off all the time but it can be done.  

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Colonel_ace #8 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Lead enemy gunboat DD to your fleet, problem solved.

Gaishu_Isshoku #9 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Shocking news: destroyers that have better guns are more likely to win a gunfight.

As it should be. The advantage of a ship like Shiratsuyu in ranked is its ability to make smoke a very dangerous place for enemy ships to stay in. While it is less useful in a straight up cap control gunfight, that's what it has to sacrifice.

"There are eight sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty five sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty seven sail of the line, Sir John"

"Enough, sir, no more of that; the die is cast, and if there are fifty sail I will go through them".

your friendly neighbourhood high tier cruiser player

MrEndeavour #10 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

• Members

Shiratsuyu is so good in ranked right now. It's 16 torps make for a lovely torp wall that can be deadly for all the smoke campers that think they are safe but then they eat torps. 

[-K-]

"Sometimes the smartest thing you can do is to play dumb"

Kombat_W0MBAT #11 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostRedSeaBear, on 17 February 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Maybe you should go watch the Flamu video that came out today, where he is playing an IJN DD in Ranked.

Learning to play a ship to its strengths while denying your enemies the strengths of their ships is a high level skill in WoWs.

Its not easy and I'm in no way able to pull it off all the time but it can be done.  

For ease of viewing. 

JohnPJones #12 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Do you complain about gun boats being bad at torpedoing?

Canadatron #13 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

So now that IJN are neutered is this how we start the process for gunboats? DD vs DD engagements is hardly an issue.

-={FOG}=- Community Member

Destroyer_HatsuzukiKai #14 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I'm beating a lot of shiras on this ranked season with sims, but at the same time I can feel the lack of torpedo power to punish the belfast spam in smokes. It's a tradeoff

slak__ #15 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:29 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Members

Aim well and engage from the USN DDs weakness aka not real close. Fighting RU DDs in ranked? Don't even bother... Let that Kiev go, just let him keep sailing away. That's what he will likely do, try and sit at max range and attempt to burn down a BB solo over 12 minutes. Or... Just pull him closer to a Cruiser and wait for them to nail him once or twice then finish him off.

wadavid #16 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

• Members

View PostGaishu_Isshoku, on 17 February 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

Shocking news: destroyers that have better guns are more likely to win a gunfight.

^ Lol, this. As soon as gunboat DDs can fire 16 really nasty torps in five seconds, the argument about gun equality will become valid.

SweetRollThief #17 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Seriously people just learn for yourself and do what works for you. Just because Noster or flamu post a video doesn't make it so. Stop relying on other people to tell you what to do in game and try using your brain. From what ive seen in game most players brains could use a little exercise.

NeutralState #18 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostRedSeaBear, on 17 February 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

夕雲型一番艦、夕雲、着任しました。

Mutsuki Overview, Kagero Overview, Yugumo Overview

Canadatron #19 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostDestroyer_HatsuzukiKai, on 17 February 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

I'm beating a lot of shiras on this ranked season with sims, but at the same time I can feel the lack of torpedo power to punish the belfast spam in smokes. It's a tradeoff

Exactly this. Shira also has stealth advantage, not the gunboats fault Shira can't play Botes.

-={FOG}=- Community Member

dngrcnnn #20 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

It's an easy, obvious fix. Just give the Shira some Yamato guns with Khab speed and a Benson rudder shift. That way it will stand a chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users