What are the best tier 5 to tier 7 destroyers for spamming HE?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Goosesausage #1 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

Seaman

• Members

After trying out several different types of ships, I've decided that I prefer to play really fast and maneuverable ships that have fast turret traverse speeds and good reload speeds. I like mindlessly zooming around spamming HE at everything. So, which tier 5 to tier 7 DD meet those requirements?

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

Edited by Goosesausage, 17 February 2017 - 04:21 PM.

SireneRacker #2 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

Captain

• Members

Can you aim well? USN DDs then. Do you put speed and precision above everything while being able to sacrifice a tiny bit of reload speed? VMF DDs then.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 #3 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

US DDs if you want fast turret rotation..but the Russ DDs i personally think are better gunships if you goal is to HE spam BBs to a fiery death...but turret rotation is not great...but if you know how to drive its not that hard to mitigate this weakness.

Edited by Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42, 17 February 2017 - 04:36 PM.

MrEndeavour #4 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostSireneRacker, on 17 February 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Can you aim well? USN DDs then. Do you put speed and precision above everything while being able to sacrifice a tiny bit of reload speed? VMF DDs then.

Kiev is a good HE spammer and to a degree the Ognevoi is also good. This won't matter in a few weeks here but the new Russian DDs being introduced are also good gun boats. The turrets on the Russian DDs also require a bit more patience than the US DDs

[-K-]

Ranked Season 6: Rank 1: 116 battles, 65% win rate

"Sometimes the smartest thing you can do is to play dumb"

ForgMaxtor #5 Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

Ensign

• Members

Either USN or RU line if you want a pew-pew DD.  between the two:

View PostGoosesausage, on 17 February 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

I've decided that I prefer to play really fast

RU DDs

Block Quote

and maneuverable ships

USN DDs.

Block Quote

that have fast turret traverse speeds and good reload speeds.

USN DDs on both counts, though RU DD reloads are generally pretty good, just not quite as good as USN.

Block Quote

I like mindlessly zooming around spamming HE at everything.

Could go either way.  RU DDs are better at zooming around and shooting at things from mid- to long range.  USN DDs re better at charging in and engaging in close-range gunfights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users