CPU heating up to 65C since recent updates

cpu overheat hot update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TarotWingnut2016 #1 Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:07 PM

Seaman

• Members

Windows 10x64, 16GB mem, over 3TB of free disk space.

Since the last update, I have been getting interrupted by a warning saying my CPU temp is up to 65C.  Exit the game, since it's non-functional after switching video modes under such a condition, and the temperature goes back down again.  This has only been happening since the recent upgrade.

GCTR21 #2 Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

65c is safe, 85c is when you should worry, go into bios and change the warning to 85c and CPU fan speed to aggressive.

Make the Atlanta great again

Special_Kay #3 Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

If you turn your settings down, the burden on your CPU should be lighter. As more attractive visuals are added, the game goes through a sort of "settings creep" where high settings means more and more rendering power required. I don't know which settings are the most likely culprits, but the game is rather CPU-intensive in its graphics handling.

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob #4 Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Do you have AMD by chance? 

Way too much anime here. 

CapnCappy #5 Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Bought a liquid cooler for about $40. Aggressive play is 35-40C

Thinking about one for the video card actually.

CapnCappy's PC build

CapnCappy Stats

Patchy the Pirate says - "When we be seein' Russian battleships and carriers? I hears they can fly an shoot laser beams."

TurboT #6 Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostGCTR21, on 16 February 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

65c is safe, 85c is when you should worry, go into bios and change the warning to 85c and CPU fan speed to aggressive.

NEGATIVE.

GPU Temps can go higher than CPU.  65 C and a computer warning about CPU temps is pushing it.

If you are a technically inclined person I would remove your heat sink fan and re apply some thermal paste (after cleaning the old off) and see if that helps. Beyond that you could need a new CPU Cooler.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, best to take your rig into a computer shop and explain the problem.  I don't believe this is WoWS related.  You will likely pin your CPU Temps at this point with any game or process that heavily uses CPU.  As an FYI, WoWS is pretty hard on the CPU.

http://www.twitch.tv/turbotboss

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Also tagged with cpu, overheat, hot, update

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users