Why?? Wows cruiser tier 2 &3 not torps

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

rafael_azuaje #1 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:11 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Oleg need add your his 2 tubes launch torps make the ship better, WHY wows NOT add torps for oleg,mikasa ,emden,aurora ????WHY please.

The_first_harbinger #2 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Wows don't include submerged launchers...same story with Warspite and many other battleships and cruisers...

Even IRL they are pretty useless anyway...

In other cases it's because of balance issues, to make the gameplay more fair for all ship classes and nations...

Oleg is a very very performant tier 3 cruiser and does not need such an addition to her arsenal to do well...

Edited by The_first_harbinger, 16 February 2017 - 06:15 PM.

"May the Meteorblitzkrieg begin!"
Battleship Cult Cardinal

Ships that deserves Admirals' love series

Latest addition: Algérie

DoomStomper #3 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

On this subject, Kolberg is also missing a couple deck-mounted torpedoes.

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

TheStarSlayer #4 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Last I heard from the dev team there were no plans for fixed submerged torpedo tubes.

My Warship Skins (Mostly Historical) Ships available: 

MikasaFusō, Nagato, Amagi, Zeonic ShimakazeArkansas β, Texas, BogueIndependence, SaipanRanger, Saratoga, König Albert, Leander, Minotaur

Latest:  Sweet Home Alabama

The_first_harbinger #5 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostDoomStomper, on 16 February 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

On this subject, Kolberg is also missing a couple deck-mounted torpedoes.

Yeah I felt that Kolberg does deserve those...in the current state her armament is pretty outmatched by other tier 3s...
Battleship Cult Cardinal

rafael_azuaje #6 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

• Members

Warspite has configuración 30s he had tubes torps but it is remove in the 20s. Oleg,mikasa,emden,aurora IF had your his torps , it is remove realism :(

RivertheRoyal #7 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

Captain

• Members

They were fairly useless in real life....There's a reason they stopped putting underwater torpedo tubes on most ships. 

rafael_azuaje #8 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

• Members

You cant destroy a BB as SC wirh aurora. But with torps help much.

Landing_Skipper #9 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Because my Kurfurst got torped by a friendly Ibuki this morning. 
"Plan to be wrong about something." PRR (he knows who he is)

RivertheRoyal #10 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostLanding_Skipper, on 16 February 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Because my Kurfurst got torped by a friendly Ibuki this morning. 

Err, okay? Fail to see what that has to do with the OP though...

TheKrimzonDemon #11 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Commander

• Members

View Postrafael_azuaje, on 16 February 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Warspite has configuración 30s he had tubes torps but it is remove in the 20s. Oleg,mikasa,emden,aurora IF had your his torps , it is remove realism :(

The game engine doesn't allow for submerged weapons fire. All weapons fire is at the surface of the water and above. This is why all ships with submerged launchers do not have them in the game. Add to that the matter of game balance, and putting submerged launchers on ships just isn't a good idea, not to mention that in actual combat, most submerged launchers on ships didn't perform well.

I drive ships. That's right, drive. I do not sail them. They don't have sails.

The_first_harbinger #12 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostTheKrimzonDemon, on 16 February 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

The game engine doesn't allow for submerged weapons fire. All weapons fire is at the surface of the water and above. This is why all ships with submerged launchers do not have them in the game. Add to that the matter of game balance, and putting submerged launchers on ships just isn't a good idea, not to mention that in actual combat, most submerged launchers on ships didn't perform well.

WG did experiment with submerged launchers during the 2016 bathtub event... I heard that they are not pleased with the result...
Battleship Cult Cardinal

TheKrimzonDemon #13 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostThe_first_harbinger, on 16 February 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

WG did experiment with submerged launchers during the 2016 bathtub event... I heard that they are not pleased with the result...

They couldn't get it to work right, due to the game engine. And even when they did actually work, they didn't actually do anything. For submerged weapons fire, the devs would have to completely rebuild the game engine, and they aren't going to do that for something that isn't going to really add anything to the game.

I drive ships. That's right, drive. I do not sail them. They don't have sails.

DoomStomper #14 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostThe_first_harbinger, on 16 February 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Yeah I felt that Kolberg does deserve those...in the current state her armament is pretty outmatched by other tier 3s..

Yup, and with only one tube per side, it isn't as if their addition would be much of a game changer.

There are also a number of secondaries on low tier German cruisers that are modeled but nonfunctional, though I think they're below the minimum caliber (75mm?) that WG currently acknowledges.

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

Special_Kay #15 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostTheKrimzonDemon, on 16 February 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

They couldn't get it to work right, due to the game engine. And even when they did actually work, they didn't actually do anything.

I would like to know your definition of both "not working right" and "didn't do anything" considering they were successfully launching torpedoes which behaved exactly how any other torpedoes behave in-game. Not once did I witness a torpedo colliding with the ship which launched it, nor did I hear of anyone having issues with failure to launch. I will grant you that their implementation was a kludge, but considering you couldn't tell without using the debug camera, one custom (non-deck launcher style) model would tidy up that loose end.

I am on vacation through June and into July 2017. There will be stretches where I am around infrequently, interspersed with stretches of complete absence.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

rafael_azuaje #16 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

• Members

Emden has guns secondaries but not work,mikasa has more guns secondaries of less cariber but not work same oleg why? Aré guns of 50mm

renegadestatuz #17 Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

Captain

• Members

View Postrafael_azuaje, on 16 February 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Emden has guns secondaries but not work,mikasa has more guns secondaries of less cariber but not work same oleg why? Aré guns of 50mm

Mikasa is not a cruiser like emden and Oleg.

​Those who rebel, must be cleansed of their ways.

Battleship_MaineMk1 #18 Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostTheKrimzonDemon, on 16 February 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

They couldn't get it to work right, due to the game engine. And even when they did actually work, they didn't actually do anything. For submerged weapons fire, the devs would have to completely rebuild the game engine, and they aren't going to do that for something that isn't going to really add anything to the game.

Or they lower the game floor and all the ships are technically "flying" in the game, which they would have to do for subs, but that would lead way to a whole slew of issues in itself.
Remember the Maine, Remember the Arizona! #neverforget | I support the USS Maine as a US premium! #GiveMeMaine

Statically speaking...

Formerly Luke_Skywalker01 and Fog_Cruiser_Maine

SergeantHop #19 Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

Captain

• Members

Okay, so a few things. 

One, fixed underwater torpedo tubes are basically useless, otherwise the various navies would have kept them on their ships instead of removing literally all of them. I believe there was only one instance ever of a battleship using them, and they were all removed from cruisers because they weren't aimable without maneuvering the ship. 

Two, Aurora isn't meant to be able to solo kill a South Carolina, that isn't it's job. 

Three, the small secondaries aren't used because they would do literally nothing. They weren't meant for defending against ships as big as destroyers, just against small, unarmored torpedo boats.

Four, according to Wikipedia, the Kolberg's torpedo tubes were fixed, and therefore have a similar level of usefulness to the underwater ones. Furutaka also had fixed torpedo tubes in her introductory form, but they were quickly removed for traversing launchers.

Edited by SergeantHop, 16 February 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

Special_Kay #20 Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostFog_Cruiser_Maine, on 16 February 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

Or they lower the game floor and all the ships are technically "flying" in the game, which they would have to do for subs, but that would lead way to a whole slew of issues in itself.

That's already how it works (that's how they ran the space ship event as a previous April Fool's event), and torpedoes already run under the surface. If anything it would be easier to implement torpedoes which don't have to move on the Z-axis like the above-surface launched ones do.

In a match or replay, you can press RCtrl+RShift+Backspace to enable the debug camera. Use the arrow keys to move and the numberpad 7 & 1 keys on the number pad to increase/decrease altitude. Use this to view a torpedo launch from at or beneath the water's surface.

Edited by Special_Kay, 16 February 2017 - 07:42 PM.

I am on vacation through June and into July 2017. There will be stretches where I am around infrequently, interspersed with stretches of complete absence.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users