doubloons

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

destoryer_JA #1 Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Seaman

• Members

Hi still learning the ropes on this game as far as doubloons where do you get them and what is fastes way to get down thru the tiers to get to the better ships, and so far i am liking the German class they pretty good still not worth a hoot when it comes to cruiser but i prob need them as well.

So what class is good for those i am bad with them when it comes to torp i am really liking that german battle ship scharnmorst want it bad. Oh one other thing why can't i battle that Valentine one what ship you need for that i got up to a V class ship in battle ship that is

Edited by destoryer_JA, 14 February 2017 - 08:51 PM.

h_balck #2 Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Click on your name at the top right hand side.  Click on the + sign next to the "bronze" looking coins, presto.

To make it easier, click here:  Direct link

EDIT:  I thought you were asking how to get them :hiding:

Edited by h_balck, 14 February 2017 - 10:59 PM.

mohawkdriver #3 Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

Commander

• Members

There is no 'fastest' way to get thru the tiers.  You have to grind through each one till you get to the one you want.  If you get a number of Elite ships, you can convert the XP you earn to free XP using doubloons, but that can get expensive.

destoryer_JA #4 Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:27 PM

Seaman

• Members

So another words you have to buy doubloons 

dEsTurbed1 #5 Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Welcome to warships.

I'll give a general playstyle for each nation/line:

USN DD'S are knife fighters and cap takers. High rate of fire guns that float at range. Tier 4 to 9 best in class.

USN Cruisers: Phenix, Cleveland & DesMoines. Rest garbage.

USN BB'S: slow in face tanking brawlers until tier 8.

Colorado has best super heal.

N. Carolina one of best Battleships.

IJN DD'S sneaky torpedo boats that just recently got nerfed a bit. With concealment and AFT can stealth fire. But they are best for launching torps.

IJN cruisers. Flame throwing rice paper ships. Tiers 4 and up very good. IFHE works very good for 155 guns. ZAO is GOD.

IJN  BB'S fast gunboats. Rather squishy. Yamato is GOD.

RU DD'S tier 3 is THE funnest ship to play.

Otherwise, they are bad ships until tier 7,9 & 10.

They become huge cruisers that speed along harrowing and setting fires from range.

IFHE & DEMO needed. 

RU xruisers meh....with exceptions.

Tier 5 great guns no armour and the start of bad turning ability. Tier 6 Buddy is GOD...best tier 6 cruiser. Then Chapayeve on up are good and tier 10 is a great battleship when angled.

German Dd's....don't,  just don't.  Gun bloom penalty is horrid and torp ranges put you close to detection.

German cruisers...tier 2, tier 5, are very good. Yorke is fickle and ROON situational.

German battleships: the way they were mentioned to be. Fast, heavy armor and good punch. Nice secondaries.

Tier for tier these are one of the most comfortable ships to play with low skill level..

British cruisers....

Leander is OK, Fiji is the start of bliss....

Fast firing special AP cruisers that can punish broadside ships. Angles means no damage. Warning, these cruisers are extremely squishy...even tier 10.

So there you have it.

Cruisers shooting at range your cup of tea RU and german

Sneaky ambushes? IJN DD'S. 

In your gave brawlers? USN battleships.

Flexible pushers? German BB'S. 

Harass and flank? Be a pest? RU DD'S. 

Snipe and flex? IJN BB. 

You want a challenge?

USN & British cruisers.

You really want a challenge? Try to be successful in a German DD.

Edited by dEsTurbed1, 14 February 2017 - 11:42 PM.

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS...CRY MORE AND IT WILL BE....

"REMOVE STEALTH TORP CHEAT"-Forum topic  found 4/17

If you wanted nuetuered IJN destroyers you succeeded. You could give them 3 sec turret rotation and rail guns to 20 km...it's lack of rof and stealthy torps that are needed.

BrushWolf #6 Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

Fastest is not really the best way. Take your time and get a good handle on each ship before going on.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

mohawkdriver #7 Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

Commander

• Members

View Postdestoryer_JA, on 14 February 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

So another words you have to buy doubloons 

Doubloons enable you to do things like purchase premium items like ships, premium consumables, permanent camo, port slots, and the like.  I use doubloons when I buy a new ship and don't want to grind out radar, hulls, guns, etc.  Sometimes I'll use doubloons to convert XP into free XP to get the upgrades so I don't have to drive a stock boat.

h_balck #8 Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Play the game.  Don't rush it.  

If you rush you'll struggle to do well the higher you go as more experienced players will exploit your lack of knowledge to the hilt.  You'll literally be food and regret spending money to such an extent very quickly.  

If you want to spend money on the game, a premium account will help you quite a bit to progress up the tiers.  Alternatively, once you're more experienced, consider getting at least one premium for your preferred nation and or ship line to train captains and rake in credits.  As well as hone your skills further.  I'd recommend you try the ship types across all lines from as many nations as you want up to tier 4 for cruisers and DD's, tier 5 for BB's (Tier 4 BB's are.... sad).  Then focus on one line to tier 10.  Choose based on your experience up to that point and what you find yourself having most fun at.  This will bring you the greatest reward for time and money spent.

Good luck!

Lert #9 Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:37 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

This is not like WOW where you have to get max rank quickly as possible because that's where the game is. Here the game is what happens while you play.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

destoryer_JA #10 Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:42 PM

Seaman

• Members

Was not planning of spending a lot of money on here just thought there was a way to earn them instead of buying them

_Fantomex_ #11 Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:51 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postdestoryer_JA, on 15 February 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Was not planning of spending a lot of money on here just thought there was a way to earn them instead of buying them

Well technically there are ways of getting them for free, but they aren't easy or likely.

Basically contests, twitch/youtube giveaways, or getting to ranks 11 and 1 right now during ranked. Or you get gifted them, but don't go asking for doubloons from people, cause that's a good way to piss everyone off.

Becoming Slightly Less of a Potato Every Day (Usually)

Current Goal: All-Time 1,300 WTR and 56% WR

-FOG- Recruitment Officer

Panzer1113 #12 Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostdEsTurbed1, on 14 February 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Welcome to warships.

I'll give a general playstyle for each nation/line:

USN DD'S are knife fighters and cap takers. High rate of fire guns that float at range. Tier 4 to 9 best in class.

USN Cruisers: Phenix, Cleveland & DesMoines. Rest garbage.

USN BB'S: slow in face tanking brawlers until tier 8.

Colorado has best super heal.

N. Carolina one of best Battleships.

IJN DD'S sneaky torpedo boats that just recently got nerfed a bit. With concealment and AFT can stealth fire. But they are best for launching torps.

IJN cruisers. Flame throwing rice paper ships. Tiers 4 and up very good. IFHE works very good for 155 guns. ZAO is GOD.

IJN  BB'S fast gunboats. Rather squishy. Yamato is GOD.

RU DD'S tier 3 is THE funnest ship to play.

Otherwise, they are bad ships until tier 7,9 & 10.

They become huge cruisers that speed along harrowing and setting fires from range.

IFHE & DEMO needed. 

RU xruisers meh....with exceptions.

Tier 5 great guns no armour and the start of bad turning ability. Tier 6 Buddy is GOD...best tier 6 cruiser. Then Chapayeve on up are good and tier 10 is a great battleship when angled.

German Dd's....don't,  just don't.  Gun bloom penalty is horrid and torp ranges put you close to detection.

German cruisers...tier 2, tier 5, are very good. Yorke is fickle and ROON situational.

German battleships: the way they were mentioned to be. Fast, heavy armor and good punch. Nice secondaries.

Tier for tier these are one of the most comfortable ships to play with low skill level..

British cruisers....

Leander is OK, Fiji is the start of bliss....

Fast firing special AP cruisers that can punish broadside ships. Angles means no damage. Warning, these cruisers are extremely squishy...even tier 10.

So there you have it.

Cruisers shooting at range your cup of tea RU and german

Sneaky ambushes? IJN DD'S. 

In your gave brawlers? USN battleships.

Flexible pushers? German BB'S. 

Harass and flank? Be a pest? RU DD'S. 

Snipe and flex? IJN BB. 

You want a challenge?

USN & British cruisers.

You really want a challenge? Try to be successful in a German DD.

Excellent overview

iDuckman #13 Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:18 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postdestoryer_JA, on 15 February 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Bottom line is that you don't need doubloons.  But they can come in handy.  When you really want to move up fast, buy a Premium Account day (for $$ or gold) and spend the whole day shooting and burning with a 50% bonus to both XP and sliver Cr.

BTW, you can buy Premium consumables without gold doubloons.  Click on the purchase price (stated in gold) and it will offer you the opportunity to pay in silver instead.

Edited by iDuckman, 16 February 2017 - 12:19 AM.

Kizarvexis #14 Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostiDuckman, on 15 February 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

Bottom line is that you don't need doubloons.  But they can come in handy.  When you really want to move up fast, buy a Premium Account day (for $$ or gold) and spend the whole day shooting and burning with a 50% bonus to both XP and sliver Cr.

BTW, you can buy Premium consumables without gold doubloons.  Click on the purchase price (stated in gold) and it will offer you the opportunity to pay in silver instead.

I mainly use them for port slots, buying new 3 pt captains for old ships when I get a new ship and occasionally to convert elite XP to free XP for some event. Like when the skills changed on patch 0.6.0, captain retraining was done for free, so I free xp'd the last bit for a half dozen ships so I could move captains to them for free. Since things like a rework of the captain skills doesn't happen very often, I don't convert free XP very often. If you don't buy port slots with doubloons or when they go on sale in the premium shop, then you have to sell ships to move up the tech tree. Since I'm a ship hoarder um collector, I need lots of port slots. 

BobaFett_56 #15 Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:39 AM

Seaman

• Members

So there are no free Dublooms for just joining the game or anything? Been a Blitz player last couple years and the Gold there you get some at the start of the game and there are also missions so you can expand your garage at least a tiny bit for free.

Kizarvexis #16 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostBobaFett_56, on 26 February 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

So there are no free Dublooms for just joining the game or anything? Been a Blitz player last couple years and the Gold there you get some at the start of the game and there are also missions so you can expand your garage at least a tiny bit for free.

There are occasionally events and contests for winning doubloons. You can also get them in super containers, but those doubloon super containers are pretty rare.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users