Update 0.6.1 Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

skullval_2015 #41 Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 09 February 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

This will be to fix the issue players are having with the Inventory screen not showing up. Also, those who may have not collected their Santa Containers freezing when they open them. 

2-9-2017 morning update didnt fix it still the same..........................I go to inventory and its saying service is available and right under it says ....service is temporarily unavailable due to performance optimization what is that 

Gandariel #42 Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Guys  always after pick ,,feeling lucky,, container and win was 3000 free XP when XP boxes was in container.

Now feelin lucky XP container 750 free xp...... why there wasnt annouced XP reduction from containers.

Dissapointed....:red_button:

Edited by Gandariel, 09 February 2017 - 01:07 PM.

lewellenfawr #43 Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSalvoSanta, on 09 February 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

The hotfix has done nothing to the accessibility of the inventory for me. and I still can't access Clans. But, I am a Mac user so I understand we are not really your target market.

The fade in/out graphics might seem cool, but for potato computers like mine, it's a struggle. A lot of these updates seem catered more towards highly proficient computers.

The notion of 'free to play' gives the idea you can show up, use what you have, and play with no outlay. But the last few updates, it seems like you need to have a gaming computer already as a baseline.

Instead of getting a new computer, I'll just have to stop playing because this is the only game I play and I can't justify $2k for a new computer just for this.

mac user here and the mini update did not fix the inventory access problem for me.

Herr_Reitz #44 Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I'm seeing far more "lag" related to input (keyboard, mouse) than the prior versions of this game. It makes me think some recent coding is less efficient than it used to be... 

And I  STILL would like [SPACEBAR] assignable in place of the [LMB] to fire weapons. Please please please. 

crazyjr #45 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:26 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

While i understand the logic for the reduced flag count, to get more money sales and don't deny it. I think that the sc is so rare, my last one was over 2 months ago, you would not lose anything by returning to 5. I also hate, that a module that I don't need is replacing the flags, i really do need. Ok that's the bad out of the way.

The good, I can resume my U.S cruiser line again, due to the balancing on the pensacola. I just could not play it right, when everyone knew where i was before even the BB's, on my team. Looking forward to moving up that line once again.

Like i said rather have the flags, over a specialized module in SC's. Make them a prize in a campaign, i don't care. My builds are more generalized, so those would be sold instead of used. Since i'm sitting on a bunch of credits already, it's less needed than the flags. Please reconsider the SC flags

Edited by crazyjr, 09 February 2017 - 02:28 PM.

crazyjr #46 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostHerr_Reitz, on 09 February 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I'm seeing far more "lag" related to input (keyboard, mouse) than the prior versions of this game. It makes me think some recent coding is less efficient than it used to be... 

And I  STILL would like [SPACEBAR] assignable in place of the [LMB] to fire weapons. Please please please. 

Why can't you do that yourself? You can do almost anything, in the controls menu

crazyjr #47 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSalvoSanta, on 09 February 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

The hotfix has done nothing to the accessibility of the inventory for me. and I still can't access Clans. But, I am a Mac user so I understand we are not really your target market.

The fade in/out graphics might seem cool, but for potato computers like mine, it's a struggle. A lot of these updates seem catered more towards highly proficient computers.

The notion of 'free to play' gives the idea you can show up, use what you have, and play with no outlay. But the last few updates, it seems like you need to have a gaming computer already as a baseline.

Instead of getting a new computer, I'll just have to stop playing because this is the only game I play and I can't justify $2k for a new computer just for this.

While i don't like the ghost effect thing either, i do not have a 2k computer and have no troubles. My computer is a refurbished office desktop (i5 2400 quad mini tower type), Dell optiplex 790MT with a Zotec GTX 750TI 2 gig GPU. I have seen no problems with lag

GBean17 #48 Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostMe1dor, on 08 February 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

the new fade in and fade out is terrible, been playing with many friends today and none like it.

I kind of like it, it isn't realistic but it kind of looks cool when a ship disappears or reappears. 

NeoRussia #49 Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Some of my hulls are not sellable, such as Udaloi A hull, Fusou A and B hulls. Is this also a bug?

Black_Sheep9 #50 Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I log into the game today only to find that EVERY Captain I have says they need retraining.  *Edited* Mods caused this issue.

Edited by Black_Sheep9, 09 February 2017 - 05:50 PM.

NikoPower #51 Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

Community Coordinator

• Developers

For those experiencing the issue with the Inventory screen, I've checked with our support guys. I noticed a few of you are using a Mac. This is the main cause for your issue. As we don't officially support Mac, the CodeWeaver folks will have to update their setup to make it work. This isn't something we can do. If you AREN'T using a Mac, please reach out to our Support team so we can document this and investigate.

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Hatework #52 Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Reeducing the signal flags gained from regular containers from 5 to 4 in conjunction with removing the ability to get flags from super containers is a bit heavy handed.  If having too many flags from super ocntainers was an issue, why not simply reduce the numbers to 50 or 75? 

Barring that, how about a way to turn off super containers?  I got one yesterday and recieved a buff to defensive fire module.  I pick the flags option to get flags.  At least with  the inventory system i can sell it.

I had to turn down the music in game, it was giving me a headache.

Otherwise, decent update.

Seadog_Supreme #53 Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

The inventory sales will help me manage my fleet much better, thank you. I had my only crash to desktop with this patch. I was loading into a battle. Fortunately the game saved my place in the battle. The US cruiser buffs? IDK, their real advantage was fire control radar, better than anyone else's.

MidnightShamalan #54 Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

i really like the new fade in and out feature over the popping. and i've noticed that most people agreed when i mentioned it in game chat. so well done with that one.

i don't think i can give enough praise for the inventory menu.

and definitely the best thing about this patch was the disabling of bastion.

not a fan of getting modules in super containers though. we can get those for credits. and they're not very expensive. super containers should be things we can't buy with credits, or are very expensive to do so. otherwise, why are they super? i'd be more than happy with a 250 flags container. especially now that we can sell them if we don't use them.

skullval_2015 #55 Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:18 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 09 February 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

For those experiencing the issue with the Inventory screen, I've checked with our support guys. I noticed a few of you are using a Mac. This is the main cause for your issue. As we don't officially support Mac, the CodeWeaver folks will have to update their setup to make it work. This isn't something we can do. If you AREN'T using a Mac, please reach out to our Support team so we can document this and investigate.

what do i need to do getting this message.....I go to inventory and its saying service is available and right under it says ....service is temporarily unavailable due to performance optimization what is that ................... and not using a mac

SergeantHop #56 Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostMidnightShamalan, on 09 February 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

i really like the new fade in and out feature over the popping. and i've noticed that most people agreed when i mentioned it in game chat. so well done with that one.

i don't think i can give enough praise for the inventory menu.

and definitely the best thing about this patch was the disabling of bastion.

not a fan of getting modules in super containers though. we can get those for credits. and they're not very expensive. super containers should be things we can't buy with credits, or are very expensive to do so. otherwise, why are they super? i'd be more than happy with a 250 flags container. especially now that we can sell them if we don't use them.

The modules you get are "special" (read worse) than the ones you can buy for credits, and are only available from supercontainers. 

Personally, I'd rather get another 250 Juliet Charlie signals (currently have ~450) than one of these modules.

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

Kapitanleutnant_Ford #57 Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 09 February 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Is CodeWeaver going to update their setup or do they have any incentive to do so? Y'all seem to be kicking the can down the road on this one, This is now the third new feature implemented that Mac users can not use. Should we expect to be left behind from now on? 
Stats

monty50000 #58 Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Not happy that the dev's sneaked past my guard (aka torpedo-polish-guy) to steal almost a hundred flags out of my containers.

Narfin #59 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostGhostSwordsman, on 08 February 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

I'm not really a fan of the new dynamic music tracks in-game.

It's too quiet after first contact if smoke screens go up and targets remain unspotted. It's also too quiet after you die and are spectating the match. There's no suspense or epic feeling(from the music) if you're in a slow ship that struggles to keep with the group or stay close enough to keep your guns firing the whole time. And, the changes feel way too jarring. You get a burst of intense music when you fire your guns, but if there aren't a lot of targets around or they go unspotted, the music settles within a battleships reload time. It just doesn't feel/sound right.

I'm really starting to miss the way the old in-battle tracks played. :(

I agree with this on all points. I love most of the changes in this update, but the dynamic music system feels poorly executed. Having the music go from a calm ambience to suddenly intense for a few seconds and then right back to calm ambience just ruins the whole suspense of a battle for me.

I'd love if there was an option in the settings to turn off the dynamic music and use the original music system again. I already miss hearing the epic songs in their entirety :(

Zim_Xero #60 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I dont care whether the game ghosts or pops... but is it just my perception?... it seems like ships are disappearing from detection sooner.

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Podvoisky   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Arizona   Anshan   Leander   Dunkerque   Graf Spee

Tier VII - Blyskawica   Gneisenau   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Maass   Shiratsuyu   Belfast   Minsk

Tier VIII+ - Atago   Udaloi   Ognevoi   Tashkent   Z-46   Shokaku   Khabarovsk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users