Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Well so far it's better than the last update

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

chopshop64 #22 Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

Seaman

• Members

missing level 14 consumables......I like the new inventory sold off 17 million in parts.... Pensacola Buff....really?  ( the ship is a miserable garbage scow ) it cant take a hit angled or bow in even from lower tier cruisers - its an embarrassment - its gonna be a long grind as sniper - I do like most of the changes in this update including ships fading in /out,  it does look like cloaking device...

Edited by chopshop64, 10 February 2017 - 03:40 AM.

NikoPower #23 Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

View Post_KING_NOTHING_, on 08 February 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Update 0.6.1.0.1, a small hotfix, is scheduled for release and server downtime on from February 9, 02:00 PT / 05:00 ET to  03:00 PT / 06:00 ET.

Whats this for?

View PostT_J_M, on 08 February 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Curious was the "small hotfix" is all about tonight (Feb 8th) with update 0.6.1.0.1?

This will be to fix the issue players are having with the Inventory screen not showing up. Also, those who may have not collected their Santa Containers freezing when they open them. 

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Caledanicus #24 Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:54 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I had no problem with the inventory and managed to keep from selling too much. I decided to only sell stock items such as hulls which I will not reuse. Kept planes, flight groups and torps. I decided not to sell any consumables so I would not lose money buying them in the future. I think a "sell all" button would be a bad idea as  it would be too easy to make an expensive mistake. Thanks for adding this new feature to the game. :)

chen19960615 #25 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:08 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I've experienced an fps drop after the update. Before I averaged more than 40, now it drops to <20 during normal combat. There's also stuttering. The game's almost unplayable now. Changing all graphics settings to low didn't help. Anyone else got this issue?

RivaDragon #26 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:08 AM

Seaman

• Members

Im very happy.

Only thing I do not like is part of the supercontainer change.  I received a supercontainer once filled with Dragon Flags.  It was awesome and changed everything for me.  If im reading the changes right, this cannot happen anymore.

Zim_Xero #27 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Damn RiverDragon, you got lucky.... 250 dragon flags would be amazing!

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Okhotnik   Kamikaze   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Aoba   Leander   Arizona   Anshan   Dunkerque   Graf Spee   Warspite

Tier VII - Algerie   Shiratsuyu   Fiji   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Hood   Belfast   Blyskawica

Tier VIII+  Z-46   Grozovoi   Khabarovsk   Shokaku   Bismarck   Missouri   Atago   Alabama   Tirpitz   Lo Yang   Mikhail Kutuzov

ButterCruiser #28 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View Postlewellenfawr, on 08 February 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

No joy for me... Inventory just gives a spinning around the wows anchor... Perhaps that's what the hot fix is about? I play on a mac... perhaps that's the problem.

i play on my mac too

i need to stop sniffing paint

dannyboy1939 #29 Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

4 flags instead of 5 is silly, everything else so far is good.

Scoobus #30 Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:14 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Ok

I didn't read anything about changes to the Ap penetration rate in any of the patch notes,

But something sure has changed.

I'm getting  over pens firing and hitting on  Battle ships all the time, I went 4 games averaging 3 out of 4 hits being Over Pens on battle ships, cruisers almost every hit is a over pen now,  I was on a Nagato hitting a  New Mexico at 14k I hit 4 out of 5 hits were all over pens.

Some thing has changed?

Arthur_Dayne #31 Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

if you think that fixing US cruisers meant faster reload.. then your delusional.... without their fire control radar the US went with low speed shells to make the gun barrels last longer...because FCR enabled them to hit the target beyond horizon......at low velocity..... this game has NO FCR ......so making the guns reload faster doesn't mean anything but MORE missing.... the tier II and tier III trajectory of the desmoines.....isbnt gonna fix anything..... US cruisers reloading faster.......just makes them....1% better than they were...still JUNK

Herr_Reitz #32 Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:11 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I have questions about the fading of ships. Used to be the mechanic was very... well, clear. I find ships within visual range that, for no known game reason, suddenly fade out for a few seconds... then fade back into view. I'm talking at ranges they would normally be visible and remain visible. 

Class of ship does not seem to matter, nor does tier. These ships are not within their concealment ranges. Any way we can test/document this stuff? 

Do we still enable replays like we used to by hacking a file? tia

Nanostrike #33 Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:32 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The Fade in/out looks horrible and makes the game feel buggy when it isn't.  Seeing a DD clearly steaming toward you just fade out of existence looks like they activated some sort of stupid cloaking device.  While if it just disappears suddenly, it feels as if a wave or some fog made you lose track of it.  None of the players I talked to like it.

Also been having really big performance hits and client lags when I never had them before.  It feels like it's taking ages to load things in port when it used to be almost instant and the load-times for battles seem higher.

Jakajan #34 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

Ensign

• Members

for me everything is working well. I like this update.

_Nightrider #35 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

Seaman

• Members

Grrrr .......... Was just in a Serious Battle my tier 8 DD had torped 2 bb's, & 1 dd. I supported 2 flags and captured 2 flags. was down to the last seconds Before the win and the screen cuts in Connection lost 2:00 am Pacific time. Are you Serious?  Arrrrgh

Yes, I have never ever had to wait 4 minutes before for a match. until tonight. That's a bit much. I play several dd's and that fading in and out of other dd's is just a royal p i t a, I love the smoke not the fading. I run 32 gb ram and 2 ssd's with a 8 core and a R7 370 video card and lost 30 fps. Not likening that at all ..... somewhat choppy.

KOUGOUHARUNA #36 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

GREEDY AS [edited]EACH UPDATE GETTING GREEDY FROM 20MILLION CREDIT INTO 5 MILLION, NOW WHAT?? 5 FLAGS SALTY ENOUGH AND NOW 4 FLAGS 10/10 

dawson112299 #37 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

It was nice to be able to sell off the 20 million credits worth of useless signals that I would never use.

USSWest_Virginia #38 Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostNanostrike, on 09 February 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

The Fade in/out looks horrible and makes the game feel buggy when it isn't.  Seeing a DD clearly steaming toward you just fade out of existence looks like they activated some sort of stupid cloaking device.  While if it just disappears suddenly, it feels as if a wave or some fog made you lose track of it.  None of the players I talked to like it.

Also been having really big performance hits and client lags when I never had them before.  It feels like it's taking ages to load things in port when it used to be almost instant and the load-times for battles seem higher.

I think the fading looks smoother than ships just disappearing. What I don't like is my game freezing three times on the main screen in one day. I never had this issue until now.

_KING_NOTHING_ #39 Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostNikoPower, on 08 February 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

This will be to fix the issue players are having with the Inventory screen not showing up. Also, those who may have not collected their Santa Containers freezing when they open them. 

Thanks for Reply

SalvoSanta #40 Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

The hotfix has done nothing to the accessibility of the inventory for me. and I still can't access Clans. But, I am a Mac user so I understand we are not really your target market.

The fade in/out graphics might seem cool, but for potato computers like mine, it's a struggle. A lot of these updates seem catered more towards highly proficient computers.

The notion of 'free to play' gives the idea you can show up, use what you have, and play with no outlay. But the last few updates, it seems like you need to have a gaming computer already as a baseline.

Instead of getting a new computer, I'll just have to stop playing because this is the only game I play and I can't justify $2k for a new computer just for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users