Advice for event and ranked ships

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

SakuyaSama7 #1 Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:43 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

With less than 200 battles, I consider myself still a newbie even though I own a Tier V. Most people think the sweet spots for MM is 4/7/9/10, so I guess I'm stuck at the lower end at 4.

I'd like to ask more experienced players on advice on what ships to get for events (T4/5) and ranked (hopefully just T4-7). I know it's too early for me to hit up ranked, but it's mostly reference. I'm more interested in having ships of every nation to use in the current Lunar New Year event, meaning Tier V. I already have Kongou for an IJN Tier V, so I'm trying to see what I can try to get on other trees, preferably both a nice grind plus efficiently getting to good Tier VII ships. Also, I'll be getting the majority of the IJN tree, so while I'd love to hear people's experiences with that tree, I'm not necessarily in need of assistance there.

There are two types of ships that I like. The first one includes maneuverable ships that are very responsive because I am bad at reading torpedo launches. The second involves heavy main battery usage.

Currently farming the Kirov, Koenigsburg, and Omaha. Still thinking about the Nicholas (because it leads to the Mahan) and the Koenig (leads to Gneissnau).

Burning Love!
~~ My Tank is a Tiger I. My Ship is a Kongou-class BB. ~~

Kapitanleutnant_Ford #2 Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

The KM battleship line is by the best BBs IMO, the Bayern is good, the Gniesanau is great, and the Bismark is amazing.

For Cruisers I think the VMF, starting at t5+, is my favorite, love those guns, HE and HEAP.

For DDs, the USN has some great boats that only get better and better. 

But really, I think every line has its gems.

Stats

El_Judarino #3 Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostSakuyaSama7, on 07 February 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

With less than 200 battles, I consider myself still a newbie even though I own a Tier V. Most people think the sweet spots for MM is 4/7/9/10, so I guess I'm stuck at the lower end at 4.

I'd like to ask more experienced players on advice on what ships to get for events (T4/5) and ranked (hopefully just T4-7). I know it's too early for me to hit up ranked, but it's mostly reference. I'm more interested in having ships of every nation to use in the current Lunar New Year event, meaning Tier V. I already have Kongou for an IJN Tier V, so I'm trying to see what I can try to get on other trees, preferably both a nice grind plus efficiently getting to good Tier VII ships.

There are two types of ships that I like. The first one includes maneuverable ships that are very responsive because I am bad at reading torpedo launches. The second involves heavy main battery usage.

Currently farming the Kirov, Koenigsburg, and Omaha. Still thinking about the Nicholas (because it leads to the Mahan) and the Koenig (leads to Gneissnau).

While tier 5 is tough times MM-wise, both the Kirov and Koenigsberg have the range and decent enough guns to contribute when bottom tier. Omaha, is in something of a bad place, though it's "C" hull gets a range upgrade that isn't immediately obvious on the stat card (losing 1 gun on each side and a rack of torps on each side is worth it for the range increase). If Omaha is your USN tier 5 of choice, the range is a must and it can be a fun boat.... one must just always be wary of of all threats and constantly working the rudder.

The German BBs are very newbie friendly, having an armor scheme that makes it very difficult for opponents to land devastating citadel hits and otherwise "one-shotting" you. The secondaries also get to be loads of fun at higher tiers.

The C hull of the Nicholas introduces you to the same gun the USN DDs are going to use all the way to tier 10, rate of fire gets better as you go up tier, but it'll always have the same ballistic properties (floatiness). If you can make the guns work (many of us do, many others can't) the line just keeps getting better all the way to tier 10. 

As for ranked, advice is a little harder to give because WG keeps tweaking the system, trying to find some sort of ideal meta (last season was all tier 8 for example). So far though, USN DDs have always been at worst "serviceable" and often one of the ideal classes for ranked play. Cap control is usually the determining factor in ranked and USN DDs tend to be the best at those close in knife fights. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users