Jump to content


Update 0.6.1 - Update Notes and Downtime w/ 0.6.1.1 Update Info


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

abu3aw9 #81 Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 5
  • Member since:
    08-18-2015
how can i play in training room ?

Questlove #82 Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 755
  • Member since:
    08-25-2012

View PostWarlord2099, on 15 February 2017 - 04:10 AM, said:

Hey game server just crashed while i was in a game and can't get back online says game is says error connecting game server temporarily unavaliable please try again later

 

 

View PostMajor_Dent, on 15 February 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

 

same here and i dont find anywhere where it said that the server would be down,  would be nice to know

 

 

It was on the "news" page. It wasn't on the Support page.

 

News: https://worldofwarships.com/

Support: https://na.wargaming...ampaign=support



BURN_Miner #83 Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,501
  • Member since:
    02-21-2015

View PostdEsTurbed1, on 15 February 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

Are you running any mods?

It sounds like a mod conflict.

If it's not your mods. Then it could be one of 4 things.

You could have seriously unstable Internet connection.

You could have a memory leak issue.

You could have gpu driver issues. 

I would recommend deleting WOWS and installing a clean copy, that will insure it's not a software glitch.

 

First and foremost ,in the launcher, he should click settings (top right), then "support", click "add" for firewall exceptions and then click "check" (for Check and Repair game integrity). He might be able to play the game, but some files may be corrupt. If some files are actually found (I've had some found and repaired in the past, a fresh install is in his best interest, it happens from time to time, such is the life of torrenting).

 

He said he didn't have any mods, but I agree with you here with regards to the 4 issues. I usually go a bit further on my end before I contact the CS department over technical issues (have only had to do so a couple of times since OBT).

 

So to add to the 4, on top of a clean install of the client, though when performing a clean install, make sure you do check the "install direct x", even if it's already installed.

  • Perform a HD/SSD check for errors
  • Perform a memory check for errors, though I'll usually extend the memory sweep to around 10 rather than default.
  • Check to see if there are updates for your GPU, if so do a clean install on it. 
  • Check for a Windows update (also keep in mind that 8.1 is outdated and will soon be unsupported, just like XP, 7, etc. talking to the guy you quoted)
  • Since he has a laptop, check for an updated chipset driver patch.

 

Then I would file a ticket, but in doing so, tell the CS Department everything in detail of what you've done ahead of time and attach a dxdiag to the ticket. That will not only save both you and them time, but if there is a bug, it will help them narrow the possibilities down. The CS Department will have him possibly d/l a checker for the Client and Network connection and get a more info on his machine through the dxdiag that he submits.

 

But doing the above bullets and info from both of us "might" correct the issue.

 

GL to him though.

 

EDITed: Hopped from mobile to tower. Moved some sentences around, etc.

 

 


Edited by BURN_Miner, 15 February 2017 - 09:32 PM.

 

 

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com


BURN_Miner #84 Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,501
  • Member since:
    02-21-2015

View Postabu3aw9, on 15 February 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

how can i play in training room ?

 

Here is Niko's postin the General Forums (stickied) on how to access them in game.

 

 

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com


Major_Dent #85 Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

    Seaman

  • Beta Testers

  • 18
  • Member since:
    09-18-2012

View PostQuestlove, on 15 February 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

 

 

It was on the "news" page. It wasn't on the Support page.

 

News: https://worldofwarships.com/

Support: https://na.wargaming...ampaign=support

 

i must be stupid cause i went on both those link and didnt saw anything about server maintenance nor server restart nor any time frame that it was supose to be down.And i dont really need to go see on the news page to realise that the server is down(if its what u wanted me to see). i can see it clearly from ingame that the server are down. I just hate going to play a few battle to realisei wont be playing at all cause server went down after a couple battle and for the amount of time it went down(was at more than 2h.) you guys didnt even bother repaid our premium time like you guys usualy do.
1003112001.png

BURN_Miner #86 Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,501
  • Member since:
    02-21-2015

View PostMajor_Dent, on 15 February 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

 

i must be stupid cause i went on both those link and didnt saw anything about server maintenance nor server restart nor any time frame that it was supose to be down.And i dont really need to go see on the news page to realise that the server is down(if its what u wanted me to see). i can see it clearly from ingame that the server are down. I just hate going to play a few battle to realisei wont be playing at all cause server went down after a couple battle and for the amount of time it went down(was at more than 2h.) you guys didnt even bother repaid our premium time like you guys usualy do.

 

They don't ever repay the premium time, never have as long as I recall playing. Been here since OBT. Not saying I'm incorrect, just saying I've never seen a "you've been credited *X* amount of hours to your premium time" on my account.

 

 

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com


Questlove #87 Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 755
  • Member since:
    08-25-2012

View PostMajor_Dent, on 15 February 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

 

i must be stupid cause i went on both those link and didnt saw anything about server maintenance nor server restart nor any time frame that it was supose to be down.And i dont really need to go see on the news page to realise that the server is down(if its what u wanted me to see). i can see it clearly from ingame that the server are down. I just hate going to play a few battle to realisei wont be playing at all cause server went down after a couple battle and for the amount of time it went down(was at more than 2h.) you guys didnt even bother repaid our premium time like you guys usualy do.

 

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself.  You're not stupid you just didn't notice the "Notice" about the update on the News page. You did say, "same here and i dont {SIC} find anywhere where it said that the server would be down" but above you write that, "i went on both those {SIC} link and didnt saw {SIC} anything." You just missed it. 

Tigron84 #88 Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:43 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

Guys, just received 0.6.1.1 today and played several of battles. Noticed two wired things:

First economy on tier 7 is badly nerfed. Played several ranked battles, no difference if I win or lose with my skill I got about 28k silver for aproximatley 50k damage. Yesterday with the same results I got 50k+.

Did they return invisible shooting for destroyers?! Today played random and saw american destroyer (I think Benson) shooting from open water and stay invisible. No smokes was there either. I thought invisible shooting has been completely removed.

Does anybody else experience similar problems?


Edited by Tigron84, 16 February 2017 - 01:44 AM.


Cruiser_Senjo #89 Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:50 AM

    Ensign

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 994
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostTigron84, on 15 February 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Guys, just received 0.6.1.1 today and played several of battles. Noticed two wired things:

First economy on tier 7 is badly nerfed. Played several ranked battles, no difference if I win or lose with my skill I got about 28k silver for aproximatley 50k damage. Yesterday with the same results I got 50k+.

Did they return invisible shooting for destroyers?! Today played random and saw american destroyer (I think Benson) shooting from open water and stay invisible. No smokes was there either. I thought invisible shooting has been completely removed.

Does anybody else experience similar problems?

 

I dont wanna be rude .. i dont have a idea about the economy so stop with the steatlh nerfs and about the benson did you even know the ship stats right ?  Benson can have like 4km open stealth fire like some ijn 

sometimes it feels like im about to be detonated but then ... i got TK 


Tigron84 #90 Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

View PostZekamashi_Sama, on 16 February 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

I dont wanna be rude .. i dont have a idea about the economy so stop with the steatlh nerfs and about the benson did you even know the ship stats right ?  Benson can have like 4km open stealth fire like some ijn 

 

Well, I noticed this "stealth nerf" just because they cut the income twice. I don't believe that, even with all that "random" we have in the game my game skill can fall twice in one day. So why my income did? The same ships, the same builds. Nothing changed.
About invisible shooting, as far as I remember this mechanic was supposed to be removed from the game previous autumn. At least we had a patch note about it. But it looks like it is still there and has not been fixed properly.
And, why is it forbidden to ask about game economy? I just want to know how this game mechanic really works in the reality of the latest patch.



Questlove #91 Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 755
  • Member since:
    08-25-2012

View PostTigron84, on 16 February 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

 

Well, I noticed this "stealth nerf" just because they cut the income twice. I don't believe that, even with all that "random" we have in the game my game skill can fall twice in one day. So why my income did? The same ships, the same builds. Nothing changed.
About invisible shooting, as far as I remember this mechanic was supposed to be removed from the game previous autumn. At least we had a patch note about it. But it looks like it is still there and has not been fixed properly.
And, why is it forbidden to ask about game economy? I just want to know how this game mechanic really works in the reality of the latest patch.

 

 

The last time someone asked about the game economy the Russians parked a spy ship off the coast of Connecticut. 

 



Tigron84 #92 Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:13 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

Played today and economy was OK. Looks like I was really bad that day, or just it was some bug on bad server. Not my day.
About invisible shooting, checked the information. It has not been fixed yet. Hopefully it will be fixed in one of the next patches.
And dear developers, please take out that dirty transport container barge from the port. It really spoils all beautiful scenery especially in St. Petersburg.



CaptainBwallzy #93 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:07 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 2
  • Member since:
    02-09-2017

Does anyone know if the Servers are still down  at 11:00 PM EST , 2/16 -  ?  

I have been getting "Error Connecting Server" for the last day and wondering if its my connection or not.

 

Thanks,

J.K.



Major_Dent #94 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:39 AM

    Seaman

  • Beta Testers

  • 18
  • Member since:
    09-18-2012

View PostQuestlove, on 16 February 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

 

 

Well, I noticed this "stealth nerf" just because they cut the income twice. I don't believe that, even with all that "random" we have in the game my game skill can fall twice in one day. So why my income did? The same ships, the same builds. Nothing changed.
About invisible shooting, as far as I remember this mechanic was supposed to be removed from the game previous autumn. At least we had a patch note about it. But it looks like it is still there and has not been fixed properly.
And, why is it forbidden to ask about game economy? I just want to know how this game mechanic really works in the reality of the latest patch.

 

 

credit doesnt only matter on how much damage u get but as well on what tier ship u get it from(idk if the kind of ship come into play as well), its the same as XP play a tier 8 BB for exemple doing 10k damage to a t6 is gonna pay a lot less then if u get 8k from a t8 or 6k from a t10. And for all the supose ramdoness ur talking about it almost seem(at least thats what i feel when i shoot) like they implemented skill base RNG in ship as well, just like in tank, wich is so nice having WG punnishing already good player with thier skill base MM thy had to add more to that so scrub would have a better chance to be good

Edited by Major_Dent, 17 February 2017 - 04:41 AM.

1003112001.png

Major_Dent #95 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:56 AM

    Seaman

  • Beta Testers

  • 18
  • Member since:
    09-18-2012

View PostQuestlove, on 15 February 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

 

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself.  You're not stupid you just didn't notice the "Notice" about the update on the News page. You did say, "same here and i dont {SIC} find anywhere where it said that the server would be down" but above you write that, "i went on both those {SIC} link and didnt saw {SIC} anything." You just missed it. 

 

send me a pic of it cause i went back to check (again) and still dont see nothing talking about that
1003112001.png




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users